Hacking Accidentaly Updated my Wii U :( !

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
So I have used open dns like for 2 weeks and everything is good so far, but are you saying that tubehax is safer than open dns?

NexoCube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want to contribute with your programming knowledge maybe you could spend time studying the information shared about Wii U so far in the wiki and take a look at libwiiu and try to create some useful tweaks/homebrew, and ask someone to test for you, I know there's a guy who was developping a tweak for gamepad even though he wasn't on an exploitable fimware.

With the 5.5.0 KExploit, will Cafiine, TCPGecko, Loadiine needs to be updated?

And if i launch a MK8 with modified character will i be able to play online?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I have used open dns like for 2 weeks and everything is good so far, but are you saying that tubehax is safer than open dns?
Yes, TubeHax DNS works perfectly, i accidentaly launched update with this DNS and i got an error. But Nintendo Related Apps doesn't work (Excepts MiiVerse, and Nintendo Network)

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Those who have it privately already have the cheating/modding tools for 5.5.0 like MrRean and MWplayer123. Golden45 will probably make Loadiin support for 5.5.0 as soon as the exploit comes out, same for all the other tools like crediar's WUPinstalle.

As for mario kart 8, you might see the mods you do while others not, but cheating is an other thing, and yes all of that (using cafiine/TCPGecko) is possible online too.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How were you blocking these? Blocking http requests is not enough. All protocols must be blocked to these IPs.
Elaborate please?

is there a way to double check whether the URL is blocked correctly by router via PC?
The URL is blocked on your router, so you shouldn't be able to access it by any device connected to your router. Go to the URLs on your PC and they should fail to load. I wasn't thinking logically. As xman099 suggests, try pinging the server?

That's what everyone that uses only OpenDNS says... Right before they're updated. Use OpenDNS as a secondary precaution, TubeHax DNS as the primary.

Last edited by fiveighteen,
Reactions: Jay Clay

NexoCube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Those who have it privately already have the cheating/modding tools for 5.5.0 like MrRean and MWplayer123. Golden45 will probably make Loadiin support for 5.5.0 as soon as the exploit comes out, same for all the other tools like crediar's WUPinstalle.

As for mario kart 8, you might see the mods you do while others not, but cheating is an other thing, and yes all of that (using cafiine/TCPGecko) is possible online too.
Ok so, is Cafiine updated? (Sorry, if you already responded, my English is not very well, i'm french ^^

xman099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elaborate please?

The URL is blocked on your router, so you shouldn't be able to access it by any device connected to your router. Go to the URLs on your PC and they should fail to load.

That's what everyone that uses only OpenDNS says... Right before they're updated. Use OpenDNS as a secondary precaution, TubeHax DNS as the primary.
They are update servers. The page will not load even you did not block it. So ping it maybe?

D

Deleted-355425

when will nintendo patch the unknown exploit they are using.....if you can answer that it will be not long after.....basically unless its blocked afaik they intend to keep it private for as long as possible

maybe if he emails Nintendo and asks them to patch some exploits sooner so he can hack his wii! it may speed things along :D

Reactions: Deleted User

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
so ive been blocking all the URL with my router D-Link N750
ive block the 6 URL to nintendo server since like Loadiine was announced
on my ping test today only 1 out of the 6 url has successfully been blocked which is (nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net)
the others was not blocked. what did i do wrong.
so fortunate my console was not updated when im using it. (tq smea tubehax)

ILdg1yO.png

68Q3gEb.png

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
Those using OpenDNS are, in many cases, sitting on an update timebomb.

OpenDNS should not be recommended.

wow, so I guess it is time to use tubehax instead opendns.

Yes, TubeHax DNS works perfectly, i accidentaly launched update with this DNS and i got an error. But Nintendo Related Apps doesn't work (Excepts MiiVerse, and Nintendo Network)

ok, I got it, so I asume you used tubehax, then how your wii U got updated?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh