A really, REALLY old browser exploit (for 5.3.2)?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh nice, if you have a pico then you should now be able to just use the UDPIH method for ISFShax. (don't forget to replace the fw.img with the NOT encrypted on for that)

xpermian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the 000500101000400a (OSv10) title allow it to work on my Wii U?

I have tried UDPIH in the past, but it didn't work, and I was told that the reason why is because UDPIH only works on versions 5.5.3 and above

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes we updates IOSU, which is part of OSv10 to the latest version. So UDPIH should be able to exploit it now.

xpermian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't completed everything yet, but it's looking good.

I was able to get the recovery menu up, and the minute main menu up. I also installed ISFShax.

After the console has turned off after installing ISFShax, is this the part where I set up the partitions in the SD card?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes, you can now just continue with the rednand tutorial.
You also want to install the SLC titles (when you do the wafel_install), since your firmware is so outdated, but you can skip the OSv10 title there, as you have already updated it.

xpermian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help, I was able to complete the redNand guide successfully. I honestly thought I would have to buy a new Wii U.

I still have one issue, though. I'm trying to get my Miis and save data on my redNand. Is there a way to do this without another SD card?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, the Mii Maker just writes a few files there.
For SaveMii just make sure to use the latest 1.6.1

xpermian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning to use the UDPIH recovery menu to get the save files. But, if SaveMii is a better option, then I'll just use it.

Do I need to install Aroma before using SaveMii?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, install Aroma like described in the ISFShax guide, then it should also work on the old system automatically

xpermian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed all of the necessary files, but the Wii U just boots normally from the redNAND, without installing any CFW.

Do I need to go back to the minute menu to install Aroma? If so, how do I get there without the Wii U just booting normally?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You just need to put the files on the SD card like described in the Guide and then you should find the Homebrew on the Wii U Menu like the other Apps and games. Make sure you have the wafel_payloader.ipx and the root.rpx in the right folders

xpermian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting an error: "Could not find sd/wiiu/payload.elf. Starting the console without any modifications"

xpermian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to install Aroma and SaveMii, but when I went into the SaveMii app, it only showed my save data from my vWii

xpermian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the 160-0103 error whenever I select the third option in minute and try booting my regular NAND.

That's kinda weird, I was usually able to boot normally before I installed redNAND, and I only got the 160-0103 error when trying to play games or update.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe because the titles there are now older than what the version.bin on the slc says.

If you have a large enough SD card you could also dump the MLC and then we could extract the saves from there.

You could also try to use the wafel_install plugin from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-blinking-blue-light-no-image.640588/post-10259653 to update the mlc titles on the sysnand (you don't need to install the SLC titles)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo