Have you bricked trying to get a9lh

• Total voters

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you follow the OTP cubic ninja page you will see it tells ou to update to 9.2 after having obtained your OTP. You can either update with a game cart to 4.x or 6.x and use MSET with a DS flashcart (or browser, if it works wih the low browser) to then install a full 9.2. Or, use a 9.2 cart (but then you need to use cubic ninja to get into homebrew after that as your browser will not be updated)
Then, you use SafeArm9Installer.3dsx from homebrew to install a9lh.
The instructions are all there. If you don't understand a specific one, ask.
What part i did last time a cart update to 4.5 with donkey kong and it's bricked that you didnt read?

I alredy bricked my this new 3ds 2 times. The firsr time was 4.5 cart update. The second time too because guide says sometimes its brick. But i hardmod again. Now i just followed the guide because i was sure will get my otp. So now how i go 9.2?

Well i ll need to pay hardmod again. Its cost around $ 30 here.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
What part i did last time a cart update to 4.5 with donkey kong and it's bricked that you didnt read?

I alredy bricked my this new 3ds 2 times. The firsr time was 4.5 cart update. The second time too because guide says sometimes its brick. But i hardmod again. Now i just followed the guide because i was sure will get my otp. So now how i go 9.2?

Well i ll need to pay hardmod again. Its cost around $ 30 here.
How can you brick with a cart update? Unless you fiddle with the motherboard and pull out a wire or something while it's updating?
If you're not able to update with a cart which is the simplest method of updating of all then yeah you should probably send it to someone and get them to do it for you :-p
If it isn't user error and there is something screwed up with your console though, maybe it isn't worth the bother, the hardmod might not help you.

Edit: I read your post again and see you have a copy of Smash Bros with 9.2. And you have a copy of Cubic Ninja. So what is the problem? You should be able to have a9lh installed in about 15 minutes.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How can you brick with a cart update? Unless you fiddle with the motherboard and pull out a wire or something while it's updating?
If you're not able to update with a cart which is the simplest method of updating of all then yeah you should probably send it to someone and get them to do it for you :-p
If it isn't user error and there is something screwed up with your console though, maybe it isn't worth the bother, the hardmod might not help you.

Edit: I read your post again and see you have a copy of Smash Bros with 9.2. And you have a copy of Cubic Ninja. So what is the problem? You should be able to have a9lh installed in about 15 minutes.

I'll try to update with my SMASH 9.2 if bricks again, well i'll pay again for hardmod. I alredy did 2 times!!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'll try and be more helpful this time. Here are some instructions for you.

1. Put SD card in your computer and copy OTP.bin to somewhere safe
  2. Put Smash Bros in the cartridge slot and try to play it. It will ask to update. Say yes.
  3. Copy the boot.3dsx and the 3ds folder from the starter pack onto your SD card
  4. Copy the arm9 and arm11.bin from the safearm9installer.zip to the root of your SD card and safearm9installer.3dsx to your 3ds folder
  5. Copy the a9lh folder from data_input_v2.zip to your SD card and add otp.bin.
  6. Clear cubic ninja's save game (I think L+R+A+B on the second screen after you start it up)
  7. Visit the Ninjhax webpage and set the qr code to 9.2.0
  8. Scan it with cubic ninja
  9. Run safearm9installer from the homebrew menu, pick select to install
  10. Should be done. Now you can inject FBI to health and safety, update, etc whatever you like.

EDIT: fixed

Last edited by Quantumcat,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to update with my SMASH 9.2 if bricks again, well i'll pay again for hardmod. I alredy did 2 times!!
pay AGAIN for hardmod? Why are you paying multiple times for a hardmod, unless each time you do it you are doing a temporary hardmod. In which case after doing it the first time I would just make a permanent hardmod...

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
pay AGAIN for hardmod? Why are you paying multiple times for a hardmod, unless each time you do it you are doing a temporary hardmod. In which case after doing it the first time I would just make a permanent hardmod...
Permanent hardmod?

How its even possible to do such thing?

I can only think about that if was installed arm9. But how you see its not

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Permanent hardmod?

I mean, I think a hardmod is so worth it, A9LH is nice and all, but having a hardmod can be nice to have along side it. Anyways, list of installers: http://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

I don't see why you are paying for temporary ones tho. I mean, you could always ask the hardmodder you commission to hide it underneath the battery cover if you don't want to show it off.

Reactions: astronautlevel

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Permanent hardmod?

zwyka9.jpg

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And? Didnt explain nothing

You guys make no sense

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean, I think a hardmod is so worth it, A9LH is nice and all, but having a hardmod can be nice to have along side it. Anyways, list of installers: http://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

I don't see why you are paying for temporary ones tho. I mean, you could always ask the hardmodder you commission to hide it underneath the battery cover if you don't want to show it off.
This is not like the world works dude.

First i had a brick. I paid for a service to restore my nand. He did it and clean it. Its not a friend he is a profissional. He did the service. Give back my device and i go home and screw up again. Do you think he is going to do all again for free?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
And? Didnt explain nothing

You guys make no sense
That's a permanent hardmod, you solder a wires to a connector and cut a small hole in the 3ds where the connector goes, and then put another connector whose wires are soldered to the SD card in and connect it. It's permanent because you can take out the SD connector and use the 3ds normally, and then plug it in and flash the NAND again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is not like the world works dude.

First i had a brick. I paid for a service to restore my nand. He did it and clean it. Its not a friend he is a profissional. He did the service. Give back my device and i go home and screw up again. Do you think he is going to do all again for free?
Should've just asked him to install a permanent one ^^

Last edited by astronautlevel,
Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

Resset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Only bricked once. When the guide was not completed. Now I have done 3 consoles and they are working flawlessly.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's a permanent hardmod, you solder a wires to a connector and cut a small hole in the 3ds where the connector goes, and then put another connector whose wires are soldered to the SD card in and connect it. It's permanent because you can take out the SD connector and use the 3ds normally, and then plug it in and flash the NAND again.
I paid for a service to restore my nand. Thats all. To restore my nand and let it how it was from factory.

People think a profissinal will let somethinglike wired cables pluged etc.

You guys are crazy.

Well give up. Its not take me anyway.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I paid for a service to restore my nand. Thats all. To restore my nand and let it how it was from factory.
I know that's what you paid for, I was saying you should've paid for a permanent option so you can restore it no matter what, whenever you want, without paying more.

People think a profissinal will let somethinglike wired cables pluged etc.
Yes, a lot of professional hardmodders do offer that service.

You guys are crazy.
I mean, yes, but that's a different story.

Well give up. Its not take me anyway.
I uh, don't even know what you're saying here.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
He's a troll, he asked how it could be permanent, he is showed, than complains.

He got scared seeing those wires coming out of the console, :D

You should have posted a Picture with only the butt conector, lol

BTW, it looks like a clean job on that one, ;)

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
That i never seen before. A sd card attached to wires? Besides the Super mario maker cover, this is interesting. So tell me more, what does this do and are you literally walking around with that just hanging out the system? :P
See my previous post.
tldr: there's a connector in the frame, where one side of the connector has its wired soldered to the NAND and the other part of the connector is soldered to an SD card. You can plug and unplug the connector as necessary. When its plugged in you can plug the SD card part in and plug the SD card into your computer and it can flash the NAND.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See my previous post.
tldr: there's a connector in the frame, where one side of the connector has its wired soldered to the NAND and the other part of the connector is soldered to an SD card. You can plug and unplug the connector as necessary. When its plugged in you can plug the SD card part in and plug the SD card into your computer and it can flash the NAND.
That some matrix type stuff.... No, that some watchdogs type stuff. I like it. :P
So i have a question, is stuff like this possible with a wii? I was curious, cause i do have a non working wii, not sure but perhaps something happened to the IOS or something. I tried to find a solution, i couldn't, unless i was wrong. Think someone made a wii disc doctor that required attaching cables and i gave up on it. Is a GC compatible wii by the way.:unsure:

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That i never seen before. A sd card attached to wires? Besides the Super mario maker cover, this is interesting. So tell me more, what does this do and are you literally walking around with that just hanging out the system? :P

See my previous post.

I believe @Sonic Angel Knight was joking otherwise, just go to the Tutorial for hardmod and you'll see (@Sonic Angel Knight) what that work is:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o