Hacking A SD2Vita Problem Turned Into A Henkaku Problem

Oclock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i'm a longtime reader, first time poster and I can't find a solution anywhere I looked. Here's my setup,
I got a Vita 1000 with Enso set up on it. A relative got me a red font SD2Vita for Christmas, one of those 3.0 I think. After I did the steps to properly set the SDcard up it worked set to uma0:/ but turns itself off when set to ux0:/.

So I poke around and found Switch SD2Vita app, Figuring that it must be a error with how I set the config file. uma0:/ mode didn't do anything and then I foolishly tried ux0:/ and nothing also. Then I got a dumb idea and thought Enso was interfering somehow. I read its easy to fix the boot_config I decided to deleted it and now every time I start up the system ask if I want to update and wont access the memory card unless I format it first.

So now I'm stuck in purgatory with a "default" livearea. SD2Vita still wont work, holding L on boot doesn't make a differences, and no vitashell/molecular shell after I go to Henkaku site and hold R when told to since it claims "no memory card".

My question - Can I regain access to my sony memory card without formatting? I got my ux0 files on the sd card (even the hidden files).

Oh yeah I used the steps on wololo to set up the SD card if your wondering.

Oclock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should still be in there. But I can't really check since no vita or molecular shell access.

Well after trying zzBlank.img and formatting the sd card again I tried MLTHaKu and it worked! It Installed Vita shell and the enso installer which help me reverse and fix my boot_config and config.txt. Now ever things back to normal like before I tried Switch sd2vita app. Next time I try setting my SD2Vita to ux0: I'll have a back up plan in case my vita doesn't read the sd card.

Last edited by Oclock,

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They should still be in there. But I can't really check since no vita or molecular shell access.

Well after trying zzBlank.img and formatting the sd card again I tried MLTHaKu and it worked! It Installed Vita shell and the enso installer which help me reverse and fix my boot_config and config.txt. Now ever things back to normal like before I tried Switch sd2vita app. Next time I try setting my SD2Vita to ux0: I'll have a back up plan in case my vita doesn't read the sd card.
Just copy your tai config to ur0: and then delete from ux0.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Shape @ Shape:
    I recall the linker software worked in Win7, so maybe try the drivers in that link @Jonnathann_2022
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    Use the 32-bit version ofc for better compatibility.
    +1
    @Veho, Thanks. I thought that this would run Windows, and also Android.
    Even Linux :D
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah the Odin is a surprisingly capable machine.
    +1
    Even more capable than the Steam Deck?
  • Shape @ Shape:
    I need one now
    +1
  • Jonnathann_2022 @ Jonnathann_2022:
    Vocês não entenderam. Existe uma coisa chamada compatibilidade de driver USB. A forma como o EFA grava os jogos não é como a memória flash. É uma memória que simula uma memória de um cartucho com alguns endereços onde a cada endereço é alocado um jogo. Na verdade, é um processo muito semelhante à gravação de uma eprom. É por isso que a versão da unidade USB 2.0 deve ser compatível porque é o sistema operacional que faz a gravação. Usei uma VM windows xp no meu notebook Samsung Essentials e não consegui gravar o driver que reconhece o cartucho, aparece uma mensagem de erro.
    @Jonnathann_2022,
    Please translate this into English pls.
    It's okay.
    You guys didn't understand. There is a thing called usb driver compatibility. The way EFA records games is not like flash memory. It is a memory that simulates a memory of a cartridge with some addresses where each address is allocated a game. It's actually a process very similar to burning an eprom. That's why the version of the USB 2.0 drive has to be compatible because it's the OS that does the recording. I used a windows xp VM on my Samsung Essentials notebook and I couldn't write the driver that recognizes the cartridge, an error message appears.
  • Shape @ Shape:
    The way a software operates the USB is independent of the drivers you are using for USB.
    +1
  • Shape @ Shape:
    We do understand, I work in IT, and I'm pretty sure M4x1mumReZ does as well.
    +1
    @Jonnathann_2022, I don't even understand a single word from this. A typical USB device communicates via drivers.
    @Shape, I don't work for an IT job, still a full-time college student. I am though knowledgeable about computers, I can tell you that.
    +1
  • Shape @ Shape:
    Lucky, working suxx:rofl2:
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Computers aren't really rocket science these days
    +1
    If it was flash memory, yes, but we are saying that there is software that is recorded via the OS on the cartridge that makes the OS recognize this cartridge, understand? Do the following, take a new machine of yours with a VM and try to do this test to get the EFA working. I would greatly appreciate it.
    The operating system detects the type of device via the hardware ID embedded into the microcontroller of the device.
  • Shape @ Shape:
    He's trying to explain that the EFA linker program "burns" to flash ROM instead of communicating with a flash drive. Which, again, has very little to do with the USB drivers.
    +1
    @Shape, I see. Didn't know what he meant by that though.
  • Shape @ Shape:
    And also apparently he thinks that the cartridge is not connecting properly because of the Windows USB driver. Either his cartridge is damaged or he has one of the knock-offs that required an extra device driver for the flash cartridge itself
    +1
    It doesn't communicate with flash, it doesn't have any kind of flash memory. There is a type of memory that simulates the original memory of the cartridge, since it has more addresses for more than one game.
    Jonnathann_2022 @ Jonnathann_2022: It doesn't communicate with flash, it doesn't have any kind of flash memory. There is a type of...