Hacking A rough guide to pack/unpack savefiles (data.bin)

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh. I could add credits if you want.

But sure, I'll remove it. Deleted. (Take this opportunity to click the old link and see my awesome 404 page
tongue.gif
)
[/quote]
Heh, I did Save page as... (before you deleted it)

Since i thought it looked much easier to do... while it is kinda the same...
tongue.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
WiiCrazy said:
Arm the Homeless said:
computerboy said:
@ Arm the Homeless: waht am I supposed to do next please? cause Im kinda coonfused
unsure.gif
I put the guide up at http://ratm.net63.net/wiisave-guide.html if you can't already understand WiiCrazy's one.

Could you remove that guide... It seems as if you wrote it... There is no credits no link or nothing... What I posted above is completely original, no rip off from someone else's guide or anything... Not a single time I did a copy and paste on that one...
Oh. I could add credits if you want.

But sure, I'll remove it. Deleted. (Take this opportunity to click the old link and see my awesome 404 page
tongue.gif
)

Thanks,
My intention was not to create a noob friendly tutorial... tutorials for noobs can always be created but most of the time serious information just got cropped in such tutorials which I don't like...

K

Kurisuellegarden

That's crazy!!! I was already trying this! =[ But I couldn't figure out how to compile the source because I kept on getting errors. D:

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
adr990 said:
I think I remember how I did it...:
After edit in Programmers notepad and Dev C++
I used the msys.bat to Compile it
wink.gif

Click Guide of Tehskeen!
smile.gif
I learned much there either...

I go install ubuntu I guess again...

Well using msys environment it just complains about gcc,

$ make
gcc -Wall -W -Os -DLARGE_FILES -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -c twintig.c -o twintig.o
make: gcc: Command not found
make: *** [twintig.o] Error 127

It should be normal actually, there is no x86 set of compilation tools in devkitpro I guess
I should possibly install MinGW to combine Msys with...

ok, after much hassle, I managed to compile both tachtig and twintig under mingw
smile.gif

tachtig runs ok, twintig got some issues in the runtime about file system.. easy to solve... I'll look into it tomorrow...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Sorry for bumping this but I need beta testers,
You can PM me if you want to test the windows version of save packer/unpacker I'm currently developing...

Initial release will be simple, next release will be a bit noob friendly...

Sabi96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a wii i have
yaynds.gif
Is there any way to get the files?Dontcha have them?Can you post them?I know it's against the rules to ask for files like that.
lecture.gif

elvisthedj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, thanks very much for the guide. I'm having trouble finding my public key in the cert.. I looked at a couple of save games and found 64 common bits toward the end of both of them.. skipped the first byte and started on the 00 bit.. still won't install... i'm fairly certain that all of the other NG's are right.. Where in the cert does the public key start?

Thanks!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
elvisthedj said:
First off, thanks very much for the guide. I'm having trouble finding my public key in the cert.. I looked at a couple of save games and found 64 common bits toward the end of both of them.. skipped the first byte and started on the 00 bit.. still won't install... i'm fairly certain that all of the other NG's are right.. Where in the cert does the public key start?

Thanks!

You no longer need the manual method to get your keys.. just throw a save file of yours to the keygrabber tool... but you also need the xyzzy key dump for the ecc key

Here you can find the latest release...
http://wiicrazy.tepetaklak.com/index.php/2...-fe100-release/

Here is the xyzzy...
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Xyzzy

elvisthedj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Couldn't get FE100 to work on vista (side-by-side error), but the keygrabber worked and that was all i needed.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.