Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
just got mine 3ds last week, what do i need to set to not auto update accidently=?
Go into the settings and turn off all internet, all spotpass, all streetpass, all local wifi, all automatic downloads, everything. Never put the 3DS online.

Reactions: pelago

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I mean come on, It should be possible.
No i meant are you sure in a sense that i was happy about the fact that you think it's possible to do that :D

Yeah, i also think (i mean i hope so) it should be possible. But i'm curious what will happen when 3DS chip is decapped..decapping..decappted ...AAAAAH! sorry for my English, don't know how to spell it. I hope you know what i meant :ninja:

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Go into the settings and turn off all internet, all spotpass, all streetpass, all local wifi, all automatic downloads, everything. Never put the 3DS online.
But..i thought that 3DS can't update unless you click UPDATE button.. i mean, i updated my 3DS by touching, it did not updated itself...and on my 3DS EVERYTHING is online

sorry for double post...how can i move this one to that one up there?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
But..i thought that 3DS can't update unless you click UPDATE button.. i mean, i updated my 3DS by touching, it did not updated itself...and on my 3DS EVERYTHING is online

sorry for double post...how can i move this one to that one up there?
They don't seem to want the "Press A to update" thing to come up at all, so they should make sure that the 3DS never even gets to download an update.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
They don't seem to want the "Press A to update" thing to come up at all, so they should make sure that the 3DS never even gets to download an update.
Yeah, your right, i guessed it was because of that because i was thinking like that when i wanted do softmod my Wii.
Best thing to do, is to cut off internet completly :D

But as for ME, i'l try to look what is popping out on the screen, because i like my 3DS internet and i DONT want to click another update EWER AGAIN xD :P

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, considering that all we got was some cam photo of "we hacked it!" without any rhyme, reason or explanation, I can't say I'm all that surprised, or anticipating of any homebrew.

I would like to see some true 3DS-mode homebrew, but if the people finding the sploits won't ever release anything, it's rather of little use if it gets patched out of the firmware before they do so.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Well, considering that all we got was some cam photo of "we hacked it!" without any rhyme, reason or explanation, I can't say I'm all that surprised, or anticipating of any homebrew.

I would like to see some true 3DS-mode homebrew, but if the people finding the sploits won't ever release anything, it's rather of little use if it gets patched out of the firmware before they do so.

Err, there is an explanation in the hack compilation thread.

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What probably happened with this update is one of two things:
1. Nintendo reworked some of the internal parts of the 3DS to support save transfers, which inadvertently closed the hack that they were using
2. Nintendo just made their own savehack and saw what could be accessed through running a 3DS game and patched those functions.

Some spanish site posted a joke that Geohot of PSP/PS3/iOS hacking fame was working on 3DS. Like that he came out of retirement to work on it to hack it. The kiddies here gobbled it up because they are desperate not to pay for paid content. Unless otherwise stated by themselves Neimod and Yellows8 are the only ones working with the savehack.
It's just like the 3DS ROM FLASHCART thread. It's a 1:1 clone of a 3DS game, which requires no hacking to do, but because they have a switch for a DS flashcart people are eating that up as well.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Nintendo reworked some of the internal parts of the 3DS to support save transfers, which inadvertently closed the hack that they were using
2. Nintendo just made their own savehack and saw what could be accessed through running a 3DS game and patched those functions.
Or they just read the advancements/changelog on 3DSBrew and patched everything up..

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I don't even stop to think about updates nowadays, I always accept them. Not having the eshop is a pain in the arse, I enjoy having online, buying games and stuff like that whenever I want. Also, several new games come with the latest patches, will people stop playing games just because of this?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Some spanish site posted a joke that Geohot of PSP/PS3/iOS hacking fame was working on 3DS. Like that he came out of retirement to work on it to hack it. The kiddies here gobbled it up because they are desperate not to pay for paid content. Unless otherwise stated by themselves Neimod and Yellows8 are the only ones working with the savehack.
It's just like the 3DS ROM FLASHCART thread. It's a 1:1 clone of a 3DS game, which requires no hacking to do, but because they have a switch for a DS flashcart people are eating that up as well.

I like paying for my 3DS games thank you. I have 5 3DS games and per-ordered Luigi's mansion. After seeing this alleged "news" from "Geohot" and then seeing the "update" that "fixes" exploits. .one can only assume..didn't know it was a farce.

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly but the changelogs gave Nintendo areas to work on,making it easier for them to patch up inconsistencies

The thing that was of the most help to Nintendo was the initial news. The fact it used a save hack and that they modified a 3DS crash screen is what pointed them in the right direction. Everything being posted now is how the system works. What Nintendo would have to look at is the privileges that a game running in 3DS mode would have and possibly the crash screen itself. They were trying to be as vague as possible about how it worked, but the individuals at Nintendo working with the firmware would be able to figure this stuff out much faster than hackers using hundreds of dollars of equipment (specifically targeting a save file) just to get a single hack. Nintendo hasn't patched the save exploit that was used and it will still work, they just figured out where they have been getting kernel access from and cut it off.

reaper527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, several new games come with the latest patches, will people stop playing games just because of this?

you are assuming there won't be some kind of workaround. the xbox360 and the ps3 face a similar dilemma, but managed to overcome it.

when you hack the system, you make the rules, not nintendo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, so smart it doesnt even exist