960k X360s sold on Black Friday week, biggest week in Xbox history

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,422
  • Replies 16
D

Deleted_171835

OP

I just got in some great news about Xbox sales over the Holiday weekend.
Here are the details directly from a notice we just sent to press:

Entering the seventh year of its lifecycle, Xbox 360 just closed the biggest sales week in the history of Xbox, selling more than 960,000 consoles in the U.S. during the week of Black Friday.

Microsoft’s retail partners are equally excited about our sales performance this holiday.

“We have seen tremendous excitement from customers for our hot holiday gaming offers,” said Chris Homeister, senior vice president and general manager of Home Entertainment at Best Buy. “Xbox 360 was among the best-sellers at Best Buy this Black Friday, and is a testament to the continued popularity of the gaming category this holiday.”

Sales highlights in the U.S. during the week of Black Friday include:

Xbox 360 sold more than 960,000 consoles in the U.S. alone, of which more than 800,000 were sold within a period of 24 hours – the biggest week of sales in Xbox history. (Source: Internal data)
More than 750,000 Kinect for Xbox 360 sensors were sold in the U.S. – standalone and bundled. (Source: Internal data)

icon11.gif
Source

There is no way Microsoft is going to release a new Xbox next year.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw, when I was at Best Buy people were just grabbing them up to the point where they ran out and had to apologize to the customers wanting a 360.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The deals were really crazy this year though. Like $200 for a Kinect and a Xbox 360 bundle. Other ones were like a Xbox 360 + 250GB hard drive + Halo Reach + Fable III for like $200. Really great deals all around.

Plus how many great Xbox titles came out this month? More than I can count on one hand at least.

Reactions: 1 person

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't there a lady at a Walmart that pepper sprayed a bunch of people just to get a cheap xbox 360 on black Friday? lol
I personally don't care about the 360 anymore as there's nothing that interests me on it that I can't get on the PS3. It's a great deal though being able to get Halo Reach and Fable III in a bundle.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Yeah my dad was seeing them everywhere online, at first I figured they just weren't being sold at all. This isn't to surprising really, as Guild said there are quite a bit of really great titles that have been released the past month.

Though I can't wait until 750,000 people find out that the Kinect they bought will be unused when they also find out all the Kinect enabled games are...well quite frankly shovelware.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though I can't wait until 750,000 people find out that the Kinect they bought will be unused when they also find out all the Kinect enabled games are...well quite frankly shovelware.

There's at least Child of Eden and Gunstringer that look pretty solid and have gotten pretty decent reviews. Dance Central is apparently good too but most "hardcore gamers" wouldn't even touch it unless they were desperate for achievement score or hit the bottle a bit too hard and had some friends over.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

There's at least Child of Eden and Gunstringer that look pretty solid and have gotten pretty decent reviews. Dance Central is apparently good too but most "hardcore gamers" wouldn't even touch it unless they were desperate for achievement score or hit the bottle a bit too hard and had some friends over.

Well in my opinion Child of Eden looks like some rhythm game that will be like any other rhythm game and Gunstringer...it looks alright. It will be criticized for it's cartoony, kidsly look I can tell you that.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was one of those 960k, got the $150 4GB slim

so far all three companies have reported huge sales during black friday

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well in my opinion Child of Eden looks like some rhythm game that will be like any other rhythm game and Gunstringer...it looks alright. It will be criticized for it's cartoony, kidsly look I can tell you that.

Gunstringer was already released to pretty high reviews. Child of Eden is supposed to be some sort of Rez spiritual successor I thought.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of good games come out every year in November. Usually for all systems. except this year Nintendo got nothing besides Zelda. A game that requires an accessory no ones going to buy just for it.

I'm not surprised if all the non-Nintendo systems did well.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
A lot of good games come out every year in November. Usually for all systems. except this year Nintendo got nothing besides Zelda. A game that requires an accessory no ones going to buy just for it.

I thought that Zelda SS shipped with a motion plus controller. There should be no need to buy one when you get one with the game. Duh!

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The

I thought that Zelda SS shipped with a motion plus controller. There should be no need to buy one when you get one with the game. Duh!

The one with the game and plus mote cost another 20 dollars and is in very limited amounts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and sticky