Not open for further replies.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Nice little handy tool there!
I've been experimenting XCI to NSP conversion a few times.
While one could force install using either Tinfoil or Rommenu, more sigpatches are needed to actually run this!
Only TX OS has them for now.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Awesome, I tried the original release on Max Curse of Brotherhood and it failed during conversion. The latest version works a treat. Cheers!

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the new one is now able to build a NSP for that game for me now. My guess is it has to do with that 2GB file bug mentioned earlier as it is slightly over 2GB of actual data even in the extracted part.

As expected, I can't run or use it in any form of course. Oh well.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been converting a bunch of xcis.
Been looking forward greatly to a tool like this.

Had an issue converting Cartoon.Network.Battle.Crashers.EUR.NSW-BigBlueBox
Came out as nsp files of around 160K which can't be right.

Using 0.9 Alpha 2

EDIT:
Ignore me, I tried installing the nsp generated and it ran fine after all.
Guess the game really is that small.
Nice job.
If I find any other issues I'll report.

EDIT 2:
Seems there is a legitimate issue with Sonic_Mania_Plus_NSW-LiGHTFORCE.xci
Unknown NCA content type.
I've converted all non-JP only language xcis where an nsp is not available and this one is the only one that has given me a conversion error.

Last edited by snoofly,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most people here think that they can play online on emunand with pirated games, but that will be a ban for sure C:

I think you're wrong in your assumption on how many people think that. All the posts I've seen of people putting forward emunand as a way to prevent banning, has been with the full understanding that they will only be able to go online with sysnand and that won't be able to have any hacks/homebrew/piracy/etc on it ever.

Ideally emunand would be implemented in a way that your real console id's etc are blocked out so you can't go online & your sysnand is still safe in case you accidentally try to go online.

Do you see now how emunand could protect you against a ban?

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I got all my switch keys, and managed to convert Odyssey. Install went fine, was successful. When I go to launch the game, it gives me an error, and checks for corrupted files, and says that it's corrupted. Has anyone had any luck converting Odyssey? Thank you

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I got all my switch keys, and managed to convert Odyssey. Install went fine, was successful. When I go to launch the game, it gives me an error, and checks for corrupted files, and says that it's corrupted. Has anyone had any luck converting Odyssey? Thank you
Are you using SX OS 1.4 NSP Install method?
I think it's the only way to get these conversions to run from what I read earlier.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Overcooked 2 works for me; I installed using and on SX OS 1.4 and it starts perfectly fine. Great this converter is here so I don't need to use the Album menu anymore.
Same.
Overcooked! 2 installed and ran fine for a good 10 mins until I quit out.
Updated it to 1.0.1 and that worked too.
SX OS 1.4 FTW.

Reactions: Prince ofhell

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I think you're wrong in your assumption on how many people think that. All the posts I've seen of people putting forward emunand as a way to prevent banning, has been with the full understanding that they will only be able to go online with sysnand and that won't be able to have any hacks/homebrew/piracy/etc on it ever.

Ideally emunand would be implemented in a way that your real console id's etc are blocked out so you can't go online & your sysnand is still safe in case you accidentally try to go online.

Do you see now how emunand could protect you against a ban?

But the thing with emunand is there are crucial steps BEFORE it, you have to go into rcm, you have to inject a payload, there are logfiles which we don´t know atm if it´s safe to clear them or not (100% clean logfile=suspicious), etc. ALL these things have to happen on original nand BEFORE you can go into emunand, so it´s far from safe to say emunand can and will safe you from getting you console and or account banned.
Don´t get me wrong, all what you say is correct and there is indeed a chance that emunand can do this for us in the future, but atm we can´t be sure cause we are far away from knowing what and how Nintendo acutally bans people. But most people here at gba present emunand as "the bulletproof future solution" which is just misleading.

EDIT: Thinking about this, a real dual nand with a hardware switch to change between them would be even a better solution.

Last edited by der:Tom,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The same emunand debate that has been had in multiple other threads is not on-topic here.

@The-4n please could you add support for loading the keys file from a set location? ~/.switch is the standard for hactool and probably other things. I put keys.dat in the same place as 4nxci, which works fine if I run it from there, but if I run it from another directory it doesn't find the keys unless I copy them there too. Cheers!

Reactions: tiliarou

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you using SX OS 1.4 NSP Install method?
I think it's the only way to get these conversions to run from what I read earlier.
I'm using rommenu 1.0.0 cracked from Pragma included in ReiNX w/ sig patches. I was able to install a few other NSPs and they go through without any kind of issues and successfully install, but this is the first time I've converted from XCI to NSP.

Reactions: Prince ofhell

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've installed and tested around 40 xcis with this tool and ALL* seem to work fine.
I've run about 10 of them fine but can't see why the others wouldn't work as well.
The only xci I couldn't convert was Sonic Mania Plus by Lightforce as I mentioned before.
Weird but for an Alpha 0.2 release I'd say it's a pretty good Alpha :)

Reactions: Vorde

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've installed and tested around 40 xcis with this tool and ALL* seem to work fine.
I've run about 10 of them fine but can't see why the others wouldn't work as well.
The only xci I couldn't convert was Sonic Mania Plus by Lightforce as I mentioned before.
Weird but for an Alpha 0.2 release I'd say it's a pretty good Alpha :)
I ended up buying the physical copy of Mania Plus because of how much I enjoyed the original. They all seem to work fine though via TX OS 1.4?

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I ended up buying the physical copy of Mania Plus because of how much I enjoyed the original. They all seem to work fine though via TX OS 1.4?
Yep all working good on SX OS 1.4.
I installed them all through the TX nsp installer instead of Devmenu/Tinfoil variants as I heard that may cause issues.
I've got everything updating atm but I'll try the Mania xci itself when I can later to check if it's a good dump.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep all working good on SX OS 1.4.
I installed them all through the TX nsp installer instead of Devmenu/Tinfoil variants as I heard that may cause issues.
I've got everything updating atm but I'll try the Mania xci itself when I can later to check if it's a good dump.
Looks like I have some waiting to do until another version of CFW comes out with sigpatches that work with these converted dumps. Thank you for the info!

xXonetimeuseXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked for me. Installed nsp after the conversion. Installed with no probs. Went to open and it said the file was corrupted so I reinstalled it and before I opend it I clicked downloaded the update for the game (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) and it worked. the game ran on ReiNX no problem .Say what u want but I DONT CARE IF I GET A BAN. Also rommenu.nro if used with sxos 1.4 if u go to run an Xci off the as card with a game inserted it will tell u to remove the cart than if u press to play the game it just takes u to the home screen. Only dose that if u open it with sxos tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @OmDRetro, good point