Status
Not open for further replies.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
new build is out, v0.9-alpha.3
4NXCI now rebuilds .cnmt.nca (HELLO DEVMENU)
and there was a bug in creating .cnmt.xml section affected *nix, which is fixed now

ps: nsps don't install with sx os installer in this build (force decryption!!!), so use dev menu or other tools
Sonic Mania Plus still fails as I noted earlier.
Only xci I cannot convert.
The xci itself runs fine.
Great tool.

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new build is out, v0.9-alpha.3
4NXCI now rebuilds .cnmt.nca (HELLO DEVMENU)
and there was a bug in creating .cnmt.xml affected *nix, which is fixed now

ps: nsps don't install with sx os installer in this build (force decryption!!!), so use dev menu or other tools
I got the alpha 3 build and rebuilt PriPara with it. Devmenu says "failed to install the nsp file. (result: 0x00234c02) and tinfoil goes a bit more into detail saying "Failed to install NSP! OpenFileSystemWithId:95: Failed to open file system with id. Error code: 0x00234c02".

Reactions: tottti1914

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But the thing with emunand is there are crucial steps BEFORE it, you have to go into rcm, you have to inject a payload, there are logfiles which we don´t know atm if it´s safe to clear them or not

rcm is written by nvidia, not nintendo. Do you have evidence that going into rcm and triggering the buffer overflow is logged on your sysnand?

Or is this a hypothetical problem?

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rcm is written by nvidia, not nintendo. Do you have evidence that going into rcm and triggering the buffer overflow is logged on your sysnand?

Or is this a hypothetical problem?
At that stage of the boot process most things won't even have the physical ability to write to anything.

And even if they did, so what? RCM itself isn't a violation of the TOS (and even if it was it wouldn't be enforceable.) It's what most of us are doing with it that is. Nintendo can't legally punish people for having ever used RCM at all, only for what they do with it. Which is to say that if you're using CFWs and installing NSPs then you should simply assume that you will receive a ban. Assuming anything else is just plain silly.

Last edited by Nazosan,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which is to say that if you're using CFWs and installing NSPs then you should simply assume that you will receive a ban. Assuming anything else is just plain silly.

But if you do that on emunand, but only go online with sysnand then it's hard to see how you could get banned.

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
NSPs made from newly updated 4nxci does work with devmenu. Thanks for the update. But it still doesn't work with sig-patched hekate, reinx, etc.

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did try the rommenu just to be sure and of course it didn't work there either, so I guess the new ones basically work in nothing.

But if you do that on emunand, but only go online with sysnand then it's hard to see how you could get banned.
Perhaps. I still think it would be foolish to assume that there are any guarantees. IMO the main advantage of emuNAND is it will make it a lot harder to do anything that could screw up your system. For instance, when it overwrites the boot partition, if it's doing so on the memory card instead of internal NAND it won't break auto RCM.

And to be clear, if you let emuNAND go online, you're still going to get console-banned. Your console-specific certificate is the same even between sysNAND and emuNAND (yes, even if you do a system format. Nintendo learned from the 3DS.) But it does have the advantage in that respect that you could force emuNAND to stay 100% offline very easily by simply never even configuring it for any connection. Though, as you'll see in this thread, a lot of people basically expect you to go online anyway and just go ahead and be banned from stuff just so you can get updates and such more easily.

Last edited by Nazosan,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how to use it if i open it ,its keep sayin make sure to put your keyset in keys.dat put my keys.dat file already in the same file as 4nxci could you help
Yes you need the keys.dat containing the standard keyset to be in the same directory as 4nxci, or if you're running 4nxci while in a different current directory (eg a game directory) then you need the keys.dat there too.

Reactions: XC-3730C

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you need the keys.dat containing the standard keyset to be in the same directory as 4nxci, or if you're running 4nxci while in a different current directory (eg a game directory) then you need the keys.dat there too.
Could you send me the keys.dat file please?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
There is a funny workaround to make the XCI converted to NSP work without the SX OS patches.
It consists in downloading the game update after installing the NSP (which I think will update the proper TK of the game).
So for now if the game has no update, it won't work with the current free sigpatches (ReiNX or RajNX)

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to successfully convert Wild Guns Reloaded to NSP. Thanks for this awesome program!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, she means grow more +1