B-alpha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there fellow forum members :)

I've been on a bit of a quest recently to convert NCA files to NSP format, using my keys.dat file. I've tried a few different tools like hacpack, nscb, and nspack, but unfortunately, I haven't had much success so far. Each of the programms fails to create a nsp.

I'm wondering if any of you have experience with this and could suggest some more reliable tools or methods for converting NCAs to NSPs. I'd greatly appreciate any guidance you can provide. It's been a bit frustrating, and I'd like to find a solution that works effectively.

If you've successfully converted NCA files to NSP using your keys.dat or know of a better tool or method, please share your insights. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi there fellow forum members :)

I've been on a bit of a quest recently to convert NCA files to NSP format, using my keys.dat file. I've tried a few different tools like hacpack, nscb, and nspack, but unfortunately, I haven't had much success so far. Each of the programms fails to create a nsp.

I'm wondering if any of you have experience with this and could suggest some more reliable tools or methods for converting NCAs to NSPs. I'd greatly appreciate any guidance you can provide. It's been a bit frustrating, and I'd like to find a solution that works effectively.

If you've successfully converted NCA files to NSP using your keys.dat or know of a better tool or method, please share your insights. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Hactool

please give us more information why do you want to do it, what is your objective, I think we here will be on a X - Y paradigm (https://gbatemp.net/threads/can-som...sue-with-citric-composer.638671/post-10234332)

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think of nsp as the switches form of a zip file. Thats all it is. The only tool to my knowledge that can do that is hactool

B-alpha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First and foremost, I want to express my gratitude to impeeza and kidkat210 for your assistance. My primary goal is use my internal storage since my sd card reader is only partially working. Therefore, I would like to be able to manually trim the ROM to save internal storage space as well as gain a deeper understanding of the modification process, and create custom ROMs without having to rely on LayeredFS.

Regarding hactool I have another question. While I've known it's capable of using it to extract content, I wonder if it can also be utilized to reassemble the modified content, or if its primary function is limited to extraction.

What I've done so far is the following:
  1. created an NSP from the original ROM.
  2. From this NSP, I extracted the ROMFS folder.
  3. I made the necessary edits to the ROMFS folder to customize the game.
However, I've encountered a roadblock when it comes to reassembling the ROM into an installable NSP. So far, my achievements have been limited to converting the modified ROMFS folder back into an NCA format using hacpack.

If anyone in the community has experience with hactool's capabilities in both extracting and reassembling ROM content, or if you have alternative methods to suggest, your insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your continued support :)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yes hactool is the tool for unpack/pack NSP files. but all the effort you will expend on modify all games and mostly not getting them working, you better get your sd card reader repaired.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto