peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
new build is out
solves large file size problem

thank you for the speedy update

I just tried the new alpha on a file I was having problems with and all seems to be working well, it placed all the (working) files in the 4nxci_extracted_xci folder and the finished NSP in the main folder

Not had chance to install the finished NSP yet but all looks good so far

Thank you :)

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have always loved how quickly issues are addressed with FOSS projects. Closed source projects stonewall and ignore bug reports more often than not if you don't have more dollars than sense.

Glad it is working.

Reactions: andijames

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Additionally, if you are on 4.1.0 apparently fs_mitm causes issues with a bunch of stuff including Tinfoil, so it needs to be removed.

In fact, my issue when I tried to use Tinfoil came from the fact that LayeredFS was active and I am on FW 4.0.1 so I made a configuration without it.

I think the ticket isn't being generated correctly, but also did you try changing the dev flag for the ticket as I suggested a few posts ago?

Now the generated NSP installs fine but it's considered as corrupted when I try to start it... Which part from the NSP did you suggest to change?

Reactions: tiliarou

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In fact, my issue when I tried to use Tinfoil came from the fact that LayeredFS was active and I am on FW 4.0.1 so I made a configuration without it.

Now the generated NSP installs fine but it's considered as corrupted when I try to start it... Which part from the NSP did you suggest to change?
the ticket.

jmleolgq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
TEST RESULT:

TX OS can install and load the 4NXCI converted games, but atmosphere and ReiNX couldn't.
There is something different.
Loading a game without NINTENDO SWITCH LOGO gif.
Guessing it is the ticket id problem.

Reactions: Lacius

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
^The main reason for people sticking with FAT32 right now is file corruption caused by exFAT when using homebrew. It is most notable when using RetroNX or Lakka, neither of which are going to officially support exFAT anytime soon.

After some research on this, it's not related to corruption at all.
It's just that linux lacks a decent exFAT driver, so performance takes a dive (~50%) when using exfat compared to system32.
You can use homebrew just fine with exfat, just not with linux based OSs.
Once/If the driver issue is settled some time in the future, FAT32 will be as obsolete as FAT16.

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After some research on this, it's not related to corruption at all.
It's just that linux lacks a decent exFAT driver, so performance takes a dive (~50%) when using exfat compared to system32.
You can use homebrew just fine with exfat, just not with linux based OSs.
Once/If the driver issue is settled some time in the future, FAT32 will be as obsolete as FAT16.
that doesn't explain why RetroNX Homebrew has so much trouble with it

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont know if im outdated, but, how does the Emunand is going to prevent or safe you from a BAN? O:

Yeah, i still don't get it, how people think that Emunand will magically will solve everything or every ban related issue.

If you boot a switch from emunand then you can do anything you like and when you go back to sysnand there will be no record of it. You can play your sysnand online without fear, you just can't go online with your dodgy emunand.

People don't think emunand solves everything, they know it solves everything and with no magic involved. I don't get how you couldn't figure that out.

Last edited by smf,

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Open the .tik, go to the offset 02A000 and change the number from 00 to 01 and save it. (in a hex editor.)

You mean offset 0x2A0 (because the ".tik" file is too small for offset 0x02A000)? At offset 0x2A0, the value is already at 01.
However, I noticed that at offset 0x180 which usualy contains the title key, there are only zeros... This is probably the issue but I don't know what number I should use.

Reactions: datahoarder

mrsin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You mean offset 0x2A0 (because the ".tik" file is too small for offset 0x02A000)? At offset 0x2A0, the value is already at 01.
However, I noticed that at offset 0x180 which usualy contains the title key, there are only zeros... This is probably the issue but I don't know what number I should use.

I have the same problem with NINTENDO LABO and I don't know what we have to change in hex to let it works

The-4n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a reminder:
the app is WIP and builds are Pre-release, so don't expect much from it (and don't mind shit posts)
i'm just publishing builds for finding bugs
and nsps doesn't work with dev menu cause .cnmt.nca is invalid, my main target is just sx os 1.4 for the start
but the reason you can't run nsps on anything other than sx os is invalid Digest value and there's no public method for calculating it yet
will release a version with dev menu support soon

Last edited by The-4n,

Kenji177

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I converted South Park.xci to .nsp file succesfully, but using hekate + sig patches gives me the Error: 0x00234c02
Is there no way to install the converted NSP files without SX OS?
Eshop dumbs work perfectly fine for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here