GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No it failed because of how you renamed the ROM. It should be xpa-lzst.nds
You named it xpa-ztsc.nds, which is the name of the crack.

Look in the CycloDS sub-forum for a link to a working save file. Don't take you chances with RTS.

lucaspontes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
91476059 said:
my first attempt was at 4mb the second was 2mbit. but both werefaulty after fire temple.
i guess dslinker cannot make 1mB save files. if i recall my 4mbit sav was only 512kb in size.
the people in forums have been suggesting 1mb save file for it to correctly work

Oh boy. Then I think there is no other way but sit and wait until they save us with a new patch for the dslinker, that will probably take some time.

fairlyevenparents

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
today i was playing zelda spirit tracks, then i went to play outside and came back to discover that i have to restart the zelda game again...the file on the rom isn't there, but when i checked my sd card the .sav file(s) for spirit tracks were there and there not corrupt, what do i do?

Do i need to format it to play at where i was?

I have an acekard2, akaio1.5, loader-4/12/2009, if that helps.

phonyphonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
No it failed because of how you renamed the ROM. It should be xpa-lzst.nds
You named it xpa-ztsc.nds, which is the name of the crack.

Look in the CycloDS sub-forum for a link to a working save file. Don't take you chances with RTS.

I've tried that as well. I still get the same message. >.

Shabang21

Trophies
XP
Country
zuriel102 said:
today i was playing zelda spirit tracks, then i went to play outside and came back to discover that i have to restart the zelda game again...the file on the rom isn't there, but when i checked my sd card the .sav file(s) for spirit tracks were there and there not corrupt, what do i do?

Do i need to format it to play at where i was?

I have an acekard2, akaio1.5, loader-4/12/2009, if that helps.

Get the latest loader, report back.

game2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Playing this on emulator and everything goes fine until... After the battle with the Demon Train, I get an error message that something has happened and the program must be closed. I thought it was by chance at first, but after the second attempt, I still get the same error message after defeating the train the second time...

What's wrong with this?

laxxe23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hope this is the right place to post.

Here is a little trick if you have a hex editor and want to use the modified save file with your own file (if you started without using a 1mb save file)
(first I dont know if this works for other cards, but for me, since I have an r4 card I couldnt get the save file to work properly)
Things you will need, hex editor, and if you follow step 1a then a ys menu for an r4 card.
BACKUP YOUR SAVE FIRST

you can start with one of two steps after opening your 512 save file with a hex editor
1. a
add all the FF's in the end of your file, until you reach 1048576 bytes (shouldnt take very long), SAVE AS A DIFFERENT FILE NAME OR KEEP YOUR OLD ONE BACKED UP,

2. a
put in your game (as the same name as your rom), let run (ys menu will take care of formatting the save file) (a new game will start, dont worry about that, it just means that ysmenu formatted it properly)

1. b
use the save thats provided for you in the thread.

2. b
there is no 2b

this is where the steps come together.

in your hex edit program search for these three entrees that go together in your origional (nonmodified save file)
AF 3E 01
copy from there and up
(make sure its towards the bottom with all the FF's just to be sure)

now search
in your modified or premodified save for that same thing
and select everything from there up and paste

CopZeRecruit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"2. Disable Soft Reset  on ->  off"

I don't get what I'm supposed to do here. Where should I turn this off? Where can I find this option?

I think my rom is cracked already (I downloaded it somewhere and it already said CRACKED in the name)

magelof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any news about the G6 Lite?! I still can't get this working on my G6 Lite oh please someone help meeee I've tried Xenophobia with the save fix and no dice, still freezes on the Nintendo screen. I want to play this so badllyyyyyy.

iL0VECO0KiEs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3 DS Real TouchPod v4.7aX can use cheats and save now, if that was the problem.. I am using XPA Patch and the savefile provided tho, so i don't know if that's required or not. Still waiting for Sakura 1.45. Ehh.

626b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I lost my save right after the final floor of the tower, before the sand temple.
Does anyone have a save from that point?
I have an Acekard 2i with the latest AKAIO on it

Popin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lucaspontes said:

After I beat the forest temple, I saved and my save file deleted itself. I tried again and it did the same thing right after I beat the forest temple.

I guess it just doesn't work with the DS Linker.

Vanadis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to thank everyone that had a part in making this happen - you're all pretty damn great!
biggrin.gif

I am having a problem, though, and I know this topic's pretty old, but I was hoping someone may be able to steer me towards a solution. I've read through the entire thread, but I admit I may be missing something, so I apologize if this has been addressed directly.

I still cannot save my game. I save right after talking with Niko, or getting on the train, and each time I boot the game back up, no save file exists.

I used the save file linked in the first comment of the thread. I dropped it on my microSDHC card in the same folder as the rom, named it the same as my rom (lzst.sav), but everytiime I start the game it says, "creating new save file..."

I have tried using this save file in conjunction with a patched rom AND an unpatched rom - neither solution worked.

Is there something I may be missing, or doing wrong?

M3 DS REAL running Sakura 1.44 with a 4gb microSDHC.

roguetrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nashoki said:
Wow what a big thread. I hv a EDGE and I do hv the Saving problem but, I tried the solution someone previosuly mentioned but I tried with all kinds on NDS emulators BUT nvr got a sav. file. If possible can someone give me link of a sav. file of it pls? xD
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

Using the XPA patch on the rom. OS 1.6 and a save file from this poster (thanks to everyone!):
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2438516

I've had no saving issues what so ever, no freezes, i'm just past the snow temple onto my way through the ocean temple.

Note to everyone, make sure it saves as a same name of the rom, and when making sure you put it as a .sav go to properties and make sure the extension is a SAV file. A few of you saying it creates a file.... it should only happen the first time for your profile. After this it should be there every time you start it.

linkz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hiii i have a R4DS with fm 1.18 and i downloaded the usa zelda rom from xenophobia and i patchd and everything works untill i wanne leave the forest temple after beating the first boss when i wanne leave the temple i cant use the stylus to create a route
frown.gif

Hypershad12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get past the part after you talk to the guy in the left side of the Goron Village. My AK2 just hangs with a black screen. Any help?
wacko.gif
Using AKAIO 1.5 with the latest loaders.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hypershad12 said:
I can't get past the part after you talk to the guy in the left side of the Goron Village. My AK2 just hangs with a black screen. Any help?
wacko.gif
Using AKAIO 1.5 with the latest loaders.

Post a save and i'll look into it.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering if anyone has found a way to use cheats with this ROM yet?

Tried the method of using a M3 Real with Touchpod and the latest Sakura firmware to no avail.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg