Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

klausus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I get stuck in the end, first i do sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/, create de two files, go to management data, your data is not working i press "delete", now you can download for eshop.
Then trying to install dev_menu (cia), this happends
aScq8FNa.png

Thats means that is need to install something from the eshop. The first time appears "uptade 3ds" i choose cancel, the next time only the image above apear.
When i go to the management data, apears a dev_menu slot that ocuppy 4 slots, but when restart the console is not more there.

Some user try to give me a shinny passageway, how to install eshop with other form or something i miss.
Process: Microsd Hombrew 4>Profile SD (Palantine CFW)>Cpu run.bat (image above).

I've the same problem.
Comman-index: 1 but we need Comman-index:4
I don't know what is the problem.

I try a lot of tutorials (hex workshop + nand.bin... emunandtool + bat... the dbs folder & files.... nothing works).
So much people have the same problem in EOL (Elotrolado.net is a Spanish forum).

Help please?!!

PD: Sorry if my english not is very good ^^U, Thanks 4 All.

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
You can look at my guide here too, it's still incomplete but it's way easier to follow

I'm at step 12 now but DS profile just launches normally haha.. Btw, what will I do with rednand after? I also forgot to backup emunand, though my 3DS is still fine and is still on 4.x >.<

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've the same problem.

I try a lot of tutorials (hex workshop + nand.bin... emunandtool + bat... the dbs folder & files.... nothing works).
So much people have the same problem in EOL (Elotrolado.net is a Spanish forum).

Help please?!!

You need command index:0.
You must insert the SD card into your PC's card reader and go into the folders Nintendo 3DS > ID1 > ID2 and create a dbs folder. Inside the dbs folder you should create a file called title.db or update.db.

Code:
└───Nintendo 3DS
    └───01234567890acbdef0123456789abcde        <-- ID1
        └───9876543210fedcba9876543210fedcba    <-- ID2
            ├───extdata
            └───dbs  <-- create this one and add one of the files inside it(or both)
                  title.db
                  update.db
Put that SD back in the 3DS and go to System Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Software, to reset the data.
Now you'll be able to install stuff.

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ROM to CIA Guide

This guide requires makerom and ctrtool.

Step1: decrypt the .3ds rom.
I will not explain it in this tutorial, as it is explained a couple of times around the forum. (http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds_ctr_decryptor-void.370684/)

If you end up with a decrypted romfs.bin, exheader.bin, code.bin (decompressed), icon.bin and banner.bin you did everything correct.

Step2: creating an .rsf file
The .rsf file is a little bit different then the one for .3ds roms. Anyway here is the proper one, make sure you fill in the XXXX the right way. Just copy the text in the codebox underneath in a text editor and save it as cia.rsf in the folder with the other stuff.

• you can open the exheader or original rom in a hex editor to look up the right values for the companycode, producttyp and productcode
•For the correct UniqueID you can check ctrtool and the official rom. Just remove the last 2 0 and write the 4 digits before that in the .rsf file:

Code:
BasicInfo:
  Title                  : "Custom Title"
  CompanyCode            : "00"
  ProductCode            : "CTR-P-DERP"
  ContentType            : Application # Application / SystemUpdate / Manual / Child / Trial
  Logo                    : Nintendo # Nintendo / Licensed / Distributed / iQue / iQueForSystem

TitleInfo:
  UniqueId                : 0x7850
  Category                : Application

Option:
  UseOnSD                : true # true if App is to be #installed to SD
  EnableCompress          : true # Compresses exefs code
  FreeProductCode        : true # Removes limitations on ProductCode
  EnableCrypt            : true # Enables encryption for NCCH and CIA
  MediaFootPadding        : true # If true CCI files are created with padding

AccessControlInfo:
  ExtSaveDataId: 0xb7850 # same as UniqueId
  SystemSaveDataId1: 0x00000000 # plaintext exheader
  SystemSaveDataId2: 0x00000000 # plaintext exheader
  OtherUserSaveDataId1: 0x00000 # plaintext exheader
  OtherUserSaveDataId2: 0x00000 # plaintext exheader
  OtherUserSaveDataId3: 0x00000 # plaintext exheader
  UseOtherVariationSaveData : false

SystemControlInfo:
  SaveDataSize: 1M # plaintext exheader
  RemasterVersion: 0 # plaintext exheader
  StackSize: 0x00040000 # plaintext exheader
  JumpId: 0x000400000b000000L # plaintext exheader (<full UniqueID>L)

step 3: creating the .cia
Open the command window in the folder with the exefs.bin, exheader.bin, romfs.bin, icon.bin, code.bin, banner.bin, cia.rsf and makerom. Now run the following command:

this will output an .cia file which you can install with the DevMenu and then run.

If you encounter an error saying "[ROMFS ERROR] Invalid RomFS Binary.", then remove the "-romfs romfs.bin" from the command.

Using CTRinfo -i Does not tell me the UniqueID. Is it the program ID?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm at step 12 now but DS profile just launches normally haha.. Btw, what will I do with rednand after? I also forgot to backup emunand, though my 3DS is still fine and is still on 4.x >.<
If the DS Profile launches normally then you ran some DS application. Any DS game will remove the exploit. You'll have to run GW_Installer.nds again.

Ok now it booted into the home screen but it still says failed...
Did you get to format your emunand?

Reactions: kiryu1

Henceforth

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've the same problem.

Help please?!!

Hola lo arregle hace poco, lo que hay que hacer ese despues de "instalarlo" que no instala nada, vas a usar el internet del 3ds, despues cuando salis, ya esta el regalo,lo abris para poder usar el devmenu.
Voy a poner la respuesta en esa pagina en español, saludos.

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
" 9. Use EmunandTool, select 'Inject NAND to emuNAND' and navigate to where your REDNAND.bin is."

Do I have to write that you should SELECT rednand.bin?

Sorry, I have already selected rednand.bin with the emunand toll and it is said success.. Do I put it in 3ds folder or sumwhere? Cuz it doesn't say about it anymore..

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry, I have already selected rednand.bin with the emunand toll and it is said success.. Do I put it in 3ds folder or sumwhere? Cuz it doesn't say about it anymore..
So it's done. It injects the file into a hidden partition. Just put the CFW files in the SD, put it back into the 3DS and continue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi rez