ROM Hack 4 Warriors of Light: Final Fantasy Gaiden translation project

xvirus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
shito said:
great! good luck with the translation, btw Noitora i belive the midlle panel is defend not charge
Late reply, but it actually does translate into "charge."
If you actually played the game, then you'll see that it charges one of the yellow circles, too.
But then focus may work as well.. Just pointing out the fact that it does not mean "defend"

Though oddly enough, I believe it actually does defend as well XD Though I do agree that chage is the best way to phrase it.

KaelKazaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It defends and charges AP. I have also seen this referred to as the 'Charge' system.
Focus is used in battle when a party member enters a state of increased damage/heals which also lets them do 2-4 person combo attacks.

Meh, looks like Remedy makes game freeze when selected in shop.

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Noitora said:
KaelKazaki said:
Meh, looks like Remedy makes game freeze when selected in shop.
Fixed.

I just dumped the game's scripts, shall we translate them?
Oh yeah
grog.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll let others decide about the script translation.
I'm not for it, as menu is good enough to play and I'm happy the way it is (on my opinion), I'll play the game for real when the retail US version will be released.

But if just translating games is fun for you, I bet you will
tongue.gif

I would be more interested in understanding the way the data are stored, extracted and re-injected, with new pointers and all, trying it myself.
Are your tools opensource (Noitora) ?

KaelKazaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uh... problem. Looking at spells in shop

Waterga appears as WatergQuake
Protect is ProtecInvisiRege
Watera is WateraWatergQuak
Firaga is FiragaWater

Boss fight-
DarkraDarkgaThun

Another oops.

KaelKazaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taik said:
Freeze when selecting Topaz in "selling items" in the shop but the description DOES appear, though the cursor doesn't move...

Yes, I mentioned this a little earlier. I think he fixed it so the next patch it should be okay.
Bit by bit it's getting better.
biggrin.gif

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
KaelKazaki said:
Taik said:
Freeze when selecting Topaz in "selling items" in the shop but the description DOES appear, though the cursor doesn't move...

Yes, I mentioned this a little earlier. I think he fixed it so the next patch it should be okay.
biggrin.gif

yeah I was pretty much sure I saw this somewhere

The translation is going reallllly fast lol

KaelKazaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taik said:
KaelKazaki said:
Taik said:

biggrin.gif

yeah I was pretty much sure I saw this somewhere

The translation is going reallllly fast lol

If I knew Japanese I would of translated everything. That's why I'm helping with bug testing and editing.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
miruki said:
Cyan said:
I'll play the game for real when the retail US version will be released.
I'm not too sure this will really get localised... but then again, it would be rather annoying to have translated like half of the script and an US release being announced then.
Ah, in that case, script translation in welcome
tongue.gif

Sorry I can't help with scripts, only with items and menus.

Edit :
@Noitora : Did you finally found the interface string ? (equip/give/character change/sort/ etc.)

I don't have much time to test, but I think it will help if we can test the translated strings on our side, like put the google line number, patch our game to determine where a particular string appears, before translating it on google doc. accordingly.
We were working like that on FF Tactic Advance 2, Deufeufeu made a python editor to edit& patch the rom locally before submiting the changes.
If I remember well, your patcher read a private server, not current googledoc strings.
Do you think it could help ?

KaelKazaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
miruki said:
Cyan said:
I'll play the game for real when the retail US version will be released.
I'm not too sure this will really get localised... but then again, it would be rather annoying to have translated like half of the script and an US release being announced then.
Ah, in that case, script translation in welcome
tongue.gif

Sorry I can't help with scripts, only with items and menus.

There's still a good amount of stuff we need translated now that isn't the main script.
smile.gif
There are still a slew of abilities and some other stuff that needs to be translated.

KaelKazaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Noitora said:
New patch out. Fixed a lot of freezing issues.

BlizzaBlizzaBliz??
BlizzaBlizzaMete??

Cura? CLux

Still erroring
frown.gif

Enemy just used Poison and it's coming up as PoisonBreak

Actually, a lot of item descriptions I fixed for space problems the other night and they are still the old one. Is this my fault or was something not uploaded right with patch?
tongue.gif

Awww... worst of all is the fact it randomly freezes because of those spells.

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
shito said:
Noitora, are you sure that's not one of your tools that is making these bugs, or is some type of ap?
It's none of my tools, I tested them. The problem is how the game reads the strings and I can't do anything for it without knowing Assembly.

Edit: New patch released, spell freezing issues should be sorted out now but they're all in Japanese.

KaelKazaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Noitora said:
shito said:
Noitora, are you sure that's not one of your tools that is making these bugs, or is some type of ap?
It's none of my tools, I tested them. The problem is how the game reads the strings and I can't do anything for it without knowing Assembly.

Edit: New patch released, spell freezing issues should be sorted out now but they're all in Japanese.

Noitora. I just loaded new patch and the spell names are still the weird errored translated names. If you want to reload the method you set up before to get them to work I will start a new game and play like crazy until I unlock those spells again.
I guess the game decided to not change any of that stuff for me with the existing save. >_<

Lol... Aire's name was renamed to raire.

Ahhh. I just realized those things you added overwrote the Capital letters for English Alphabet!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0