1. owlman

owlman GBAtemp Fan

how do i install cci files sorry im on the late train

2. VitalitySensor

Newcomer

United States
    So, I'm using a Mac. Because HackingToolkit3DS doesn't work with it, I'm guessing patching is kinda impossible for me? What should I do?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't check FAQ like an idiot. Guessssssing "that site" has the update too, hopefully?

Last edited by VitalitySensor, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Vallum12100

Vallum12100 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyplace where the discussion of in-game events is happening separate from the install help? Would love to know what teams people are creating, skill combos they've come up with, and things to watch out/avoid in the game.

4. GentlemanPotato

GentlemanPotato Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Try Dragon's Den
    https://www.woodus.com/forums/forum/125-dragon-quest-monsters-joker-3/

Vallum12100 likes this.
  5. Vallum12100

Vallum12100 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    You live up to your username, ty!

GentlemanPotato likes this.
  6. owlman
    This message by owlman has been removed from public view by gamesquest1, Aug 12, 2020, Reason: -asking for warez-.
    Aug 12, 2020
  7. Gess1t

Gess1t Member
    Newcomer

France
    Sup Helmax, would like to know how The pro translation is going, you probably had the pro script translated since a long time ago,
    and i know implementing those translations is the hardest part but like i said, i just want to know how much had been done so far

8. .Darky

.Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    I still hope the Pro version gets translated soon too. I haven't touched this game at all just to better experience it when it comes.

9. Helmax

OP Helmax GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not 100% but majority of the text was translated. Images and hacking still need to be done. But progress has stopped for now

10. breaktemp

breaktemp D-Sun who was called D-Moon

United States
    @Helmax

Wow, did not know that DQMJ3-Pro had that much progress completed !
    When was the last time that team members were active with the project ?
    Got back into Joker-3 online, still lots of fun.

11. .Darky

.Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    That's great news man. Can't wait for the release.

12. XiNaru

XiNaru Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    seufz... i need really a german patch :( i love this series of games and think it's a shame that the third part only came in japan.

13. Gugu0220

Gugu0220 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Ohh I hope everything works out and that we can play Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Professional

14. VanitasTheBest

Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Hey, I hope someone can still answer my question. I'm playing it on my 3DS right now, via Luma or Godmode, I guess. It was a Rom I converted to CIA.
    I can't tell where I got the Rom from, it was at least 2 years ago when I tried it with citra but that didn't go well. I just saw it on my PC and thought it might work better on 3DS.
    Its Name is "DQM Joker 3 (JPN) (English Patched) (C1) Decrypted" .
    Works fine I think, only played if for 30 Minutes to test it.
    My issue is: when I start the game it asks for an Update. My first instinct is that I should'nt do that, so I didn't. But I still wanna ask, should I or should I not?

15. bahamut920

bahamut920 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You probably shouldn't update if you're using a pre-patched rom, It won't break your game or anything but it will result in some game text being untranslated (IIRC the update updates some dialogue, which breaks the translation of those lines).

Plattym3! likes this.
  16. VanitasTheBest

Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Okay thx, I thought so. Maybe you can offer me some kind of help or advice?
    I just tried to apply the patch 1.0.2 Update to the rom, because I get the game crashes at the hidden box that are fixed in that version. I tried the Guide in the first Post here, but it does not seem to work. In Step 3 it says that I get the DecryptedRomFS.bin when the extracting is complete, which doesn't happen, even tho it says extracting was successful.
    It would be easier to just avoid the chests and stuff that crash the game at this point, I guess. Because sadly I'll never get it done with the explanation provided here. I also briefly searched the web for an updated rom or cia file, but no dice.
    I also don't know if I could just replace the game file and it would be fixed or if the savegame would be accepted by just using the same name for the different versions. Really complicated the 3DS Hacking.

EDIT

Okay, after digging some more I found an updated version. Thought I just try to install it the same way I did with the first version, without deleting the first one and it seems to work. I now have two different versions in my folders, but I can open the box without the game crashing. Let's hope it stays that way

EDIT 2
    Got a random Crash after roughly 2 1/2 hours. I scouted a Small Fry and it crashed, looked like the same error message tho. I saved the dump file just in case. After reboot I could scout the Monster without Crash. I'm saving now every few minutes, which is annoying, but if it helps preventing major progress loss I'm up for it.

Last edited by VanitasTheBest, Nov 26, 2020
    Plattym3! likes this.
  17. santikage

santikage Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    Hello¡ I need help, i tried to patch this game, i have a phisical copy of it, but i get lost in this:
    "3) Extracting the RomFS and other game contents" sombady can explain it to me... thanks¡

18. Ikari65

Ikari65 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    @Helmax hey man happy new year, just wanted to ask if there are any news on the pro version
    take care

19. Helmax

OP Helmax GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I’m fully focused on DQM2 so don’t expect any update on this any time soon

20. Ikari65

Ikari65 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    okay could be worse at least ur on antoher game i wanna play hehe <3
    thx for replying and putting time into this, hopefully one day the pro version will get a translation cause i cant bear playing the normal one, knowing theres a definitive version of it^^

21. Superlucky13

Superlucky13 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hey, sorry if this is a little unformal, I've never used gbatmp except to follow guides, but I was wondering if you/your team had a discord server set up, I'd love to be able to see progress on these translations. You're helping me play some of my favorite games of all time:D

Last edited by Superlucky13, Jan 15, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Translation], Monsters, Dragon