• Replies 53,821
  • Likes 44

crazyripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the only other step is, you need the kernel for the card you purchase, which can be found on the website that is printed on the front of the card

lovely, thanks for your time, I notice if I was too buy the actual games I could play 3ds games in 2ds device as they say their all compatible, would I be able too do this with the R4I card

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
lovely, thanks for your time, I notice if I was too buy the actual games I could play 3ds games in 2ds device as they say their all compatible, would I be able too do this with the R4I card
You can use the r4 card to install CFW (if the card is compatible with ntrboot) and play 3DS games with CFW (installing them on your console). You can't play 3DS games with the card though.

crazyripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can use the r4 card to install CFW (if the card is compatible with ntrboot) and play 3DS games with CFW (installing them on your console). You can't play 3DS games with the card though.
thanks again for the advice, will Nintendo know im doing this and ban me?
also why does Nintendo allow this? PlayStation makes it almost impossible

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks again for the advice, will Nintendo know im doing this and ban me?
also why does Nintendo allow this? PlayStation makes it almost impossible
Don't cheat or play games early and you won't get banned.

And ninty allows it because they are incompetent, so count your lucky stars.

Reactions: Hunter

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.dgc1980.com
XP
Country
Australia
so whats the difference between the R4i Gold 3DS Plus and the The AceKard 2i ?
acekard 2i is a better card, but does not work on 3ds firmware after 4.5 so you need a DS to flash the ntrboot to it

the r4i is preflashed that you can access with a flip of a switch on the inside

Reactions: x65943

crazyripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
acekard 2i is a better card, but does not work on 3ds firmware after 4.5 so you need a DS to flash the ntrboot to it

the r4i is preflashed that you can access with a flip of a switch on the inside

I see, there is still a lot of terminology I don't understand lol its all a bit daunting, I was recommended this card yesterday for my 2ds xl https://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.dgc1980.com
XP
Country
Australia

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.dgc1980.com
XP
Country
Australia
ok will do, so I can install custom firmware with this card to play 3ds games?
also can you play new games that just come out using the flash carts?
new games that have just came out, for 3ds are installed on your system and do not require the R4i flashcard, that card will only be used for DS games

Cristagally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
new games that have just came out, for 3ds are installed on your system and do not require the R4i flashcard, that card will only be used for DS games
Perhaps I misunderstood, but I think he would like to know IF a CFW is installed via the R4i 3DS GOld PLUS he will be able to play the last 3DS game... I think his question wasc about CFW and the ability to play the last game, but perhaps i'm wrong. :)

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.dgc1980.com
XP
Country
Australia
Perhaps I misunderstood, but I think he would like to know IF a CFW is installed via the R4i 3DS GOld PLUS he will be able to play the last 3DS game... I think his question wasc about CFW and the ability to play the last game, but perhaps i'm wrong. :)
with CFW installed, you will be able to play all games

crazyripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

im getting more confused as time goes on lol, if the new 3ds games are installed on my system does that mean in order to get the 3ds games I wont need the flash cart just the software to play them on my device?

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.dgc1980.com
XP
Country
Australia
im getting more confused as time goes on lol, if the new 3ds games are installed on my system does that mean in order to get the 3ds games I wont need the flash cart just the software to play them on my device?
you dont need a flashcard to play 3ds games on your system,

you need a DS MODE flashcard for one of the methods of installing CFW but it can still be used to play DS games (NOT 3DS GAMES)

but you can also install cfw using a $2 DSiWare game if you look into seedminer

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, I got a problem with my fake ds flashcard. It's from R4i-factory.com.

I can use it on my DS Lite and it works no problem but I get a white screen when I try using it on my N3DS. I've tried launching it using TWLoader but still white screen shows up so I guess it's not a problem with the card being block rather something else?

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Cheers

crazyripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hard to tell, most of the time you wont, but it depends on how bitchy your customs will be when it comes

do you(or anyone on this forum) have any knowledge or experience of any of the uk sellers listed on the r4 website such as digimartz or royal 3ds? as this would obviously elevate the potential customs charge

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.dgc1980.com
XP
Country
Australia
do you(or anyone on this forum) have any knowledge or experience of any of the uk sellers listed on the r4 website such as digimartz or royal 3ds? as this would obviously elevate the potential customs charge
I am unsure myself, but you will end up paying more via local sellers
and sometimes, they are "local" but actually ship via china etc

crazyripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
when using the site should I pay through western union or paypal I am afraid to pay through western union as I could get scammed potentially?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PMCaXL2sGpc?si=jAKEK_yJL318jk17 lol