Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
ok, when you say check to se if it is compatible with wood? what is wood and what does it mean?
Wood is a firmware for DS flashcarts that works in many different ones, instead of each different cart needing different files. Here is a random link with Wood downloads in it https://gbatemp.net/threads/wood-firmware-v1-22.274122/
You'll have to find out if your card is compatible (you could just try putting the files on and see if it makes it work).

YanZan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, i wanted to change my sd card from 4gb to 64gb. Unknowly i copy and paste to the 64gb and deleted the content on the 4gb. So now my old 3ds fw 11.6 shuts down right after i switch it on while the sd card is in. But it boots like normal when the sd card is not in. Any one can help how do i go from here?

Someone help mod the 3ds using b9s btw.

Last edited by YanZan,

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.dgc1980.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, i wanted to change my sd card from 4gb to 64gb. Unknowly i copy and paste to the 64gb and deleted the content on the 4gb. So now my old 3ds fw 11.6 shuts down right after i switch it on while the sd card is in. But it boots like normal when the sd card is not in. Any one can help how do i go from here?

Someone help mod the 3ds using b9s btw.
copy the content of the SD to a folder on your desktop

format the SD to FAT32 32768 Allocation with http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

then copy the content back to the SD card

YanZan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you. Will try formatting the SD card and copy the content back. (Update: Sorry it does not work. Still the 3ds shutdown right after turning on.)

Now i have a question about the CFW. i did a tinyformat on my other old 3ds xl and did not do any backup and now i think the CFW is gone. But the luma and godmode still able to run without the sd card. One thing i notice on the 3ds is that it says on the bottom screen that "booted from CTRNAND via B9S" running on luma3ds v9.0 but on my other 3ds which runs on luma3ds v8.1, it does not have this and more over the menu on the luma3ds v9.0 is lesser than the older one.
Missing is "Autoboot EmuNAND", "Use EmuNAND FIRM if booting with R", "Patch ARM9 access". Previously tries to run safemode/safeboot on godmode but was not able to.
Do i have to reinstall back again the CFW or can i do something about it to make it run back the CFW. Also note i have some problem with the newer mod one as i was not able to install .CIA games thru FBI as some games was not able to be downloaded due to missing header or something like that.

Thank you for your time reading this and sorry if i sounded noob.

Last edited by YanZan,

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.dgc1980.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you. Will try formatting the SD card and copy the content back. (Update: Sorry it does not work. Still the 3ds shutdown right after turning on.)

Now i have a question about the CFW. i did a tinyformat on my other old 3ds xl and did not do any backup and now i think the CFW is gone. But the luma and godmode still able to run without the sd card. One thing i notice on the 3ds is that it says on the bottom screen that "booted from CTRNAND via B9S" running on luma3ds v9.0 but on my other 3ds which runs on luma3ds v8.1, it does not have this and more over the menu on the luma3ds v9.0 is lesser than the older one.
Missing is "Autoboot EmuNAND", "Use EmuNAND FIRM if booting with R", "Patch ARM9 access". Previously tries to run safemode/safeboot on godmode but was not able to.
Do i have to reinstall back again the CFW or can i do something about it to make it run back the CFW. Also note i have some problem with the newer mod one as i was not able to install .CIA games thru FBI as some games was not able to be downloaded due to missing header or something like that.

Thank you for your time reading this and sorry if i sounded noob.

for the one you did tinyformat on.
get the boot.firm from the 7z file from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/latest and place it on your SD card
put the boot.3dsx from https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases on your SD card
then follow https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup

as for the other system, try and put the same boot.firm on the SD card and see

Reactions: YanZan

crazyripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks quantumcat, could you recommend a card that would work 100% with my firmware?

also wanted to know If there was anything I could do to permanently brick or damage my device before I get started with all this?

thank you.

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.dgc1980.com
XP
Country
Australia
thanks quantumcat, could you recommend a card that would work 100% with my firmware?

also wanted to know If there was anything I could do to permanently brick or damage my device before I get started with all this?

thank you.
http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575 is the not highly recommended card to use, and it comes preflashed with boot9strap so you can use it to hack 3ds's etc

Reactions: Quantumcat

YanZan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you SO SO much @Hunter. I was able to reinstall back my CIA files. I think there is a bad boot or unnecessary files in my SD card that i had to reformat it and follow the installation again.
Thank you so much for your help again.

Reactions: Hunter

Alx1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
check disk management in settings and see if the games are there but have grey Xs on them. Thats what happened to mine after a micro sd format.
No nothing shows up, when i put the old micro sd back everything works properly, mayebe the micro sd is not compatible? But if it wasnt how come the 3ds reads it with gdm9?

crazyripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks once again quantumcat for your advice and recommendation.

I still have a few more questions, and I probably have questions I don't even know to ask yet until the card arrives haha

THE MAiN ONE AT THE MOMENT THOUGH - is there anything I could do to permanently brick or damage my device before I get started with all this? (and if so how to prevent it)

=) thanks again

Cristagally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

I just went back from my parents house and found an old DS Lite with a R4 Revolution!It seems to be a genuine one. I can't find a clear answer in 3Ds.guide, but am I able to hack my New 3DS using the old DS lite with this R4 flashcard?

GIeRIEv.png

Cristagally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, by the way, a simple question: why many people here prefer using a flashcard over the seedminer option? I've seen quite the same trend on Reddit. The seedminer option seems quite cool (haven't tried yet to be honest) especially for the price... So, why everybody seems to prefer the good old R4 4DS Gold flashcard?

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.dgc1980.com
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, by the way, a simple question: why many people here prefer using a flashcard over the seedminer option? I've seen quite the same trend on Reddit. The seedminer option seems quite cool (haven't tried yet to be honest) especially for the price... So, why everybody seems to prefer the good old R4 4DS Gold flashcard?
they both result in the same out come, except that the flashcard can be used for NDS backups and can be reflashed with ntrboot again to do friends systems

crazyripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok, so just so I understand this correct before I buy the card, the process literally only involves:

1. buying the card, and micro sd
2. downloading the games, and copy paste the software onto card?

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.dgc1980.com
XP
Country
Australia
ok, so just so I understand this correct before I buy the card, the process literally only involves:

1. buying the card, and micro sd
2. downloading the games, and copy paste the software onto card?
that is the basic example of playing NDS games on a R4i card, yes

Reactions: x65943

crazyripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that is the basic example of playing NDS games on a R4i card, yes

would you be able to write a super brief guide of all the steps involved, I am mainly concerned about when I get the card and copy and paste the games, there will be a step I don't know about that will prevent me from playing

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.dgc1980.com
XP
Country
Australia
would you be able to write a super brief guide of all the steps involved, I am mainly concerned about when I get the card and copy and paste the games, there will be a step I don't know about that will prevent me from playing
the only other step is, you need the kernel for the card you purchase, which can be found on the website that is printed on the front of the card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PMCaXL2sGpc?si=jAKEK_yJL318jk17 lol