• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

MasqueMojo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So... I finally got and hacked my 2DS XL, did a sucessful system transfer, installed and runned tikShop and... nothing changed!
I also tried with tikDevil just in case but no luck either. None of the games I downloaded from the freeshop on my o3DS show up. What did I do wrong?
(also I have occasionnal "an exception occurred" errors when opening apps/powering off the device that I didn't have before, but it's another matter)

jutubijs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Genius! I followed the guide given to me above, step by step, carefully, and I now have 3ds with cfw with all the features @v@
Now I will explore it and learn of all the new possibilities! yay
Thank you very much for help.

Reactions: Hunter

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So... I finally got and hacked my 2DS XL, did a sucessful system transfer, installed and runned tikShop and... nothing changed!
I also tried with tikDevil just in case but no luck either. None of the games I downloaded from the freeshop on my o3DS show up. What did I do wrong?
(also I have occasionnal "an exception occurred" errors when opening apps/powering off the device that I didn't have before, but it's another matter)
Did you move over the SD card when the system transfer told you to? Or copy over the Nintendo 3DS folder when it told you to move contents by computer, if you picked that option?

Reactions: GerbilSwimmingPool

seany1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps an obvious question but i need to be sure; Is the latest 3ds firmware exploitable with dsiware injection? i dont want to update my new 3ds and find its not possible

MasqueMojo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you move over the SD card when the system transfer told you to? Or copy over the Nintendo 3DS folder when it told you to move contents by computer, if you picked that option?
Yes, I waited until they prompted me to (so after the Pikmin Movie and the o3ds got formatted) then moved the contents by computer. The legit games were there

MoonlitFinale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a N3DSXL with CFW today from eBay. I factory reset it (After copying the SD Card Contents to my PC), as the seller said it would be fine. However, I still have the CFW installed, but the apps that were on it before are gone, and I can't figure out for the life of me how to get them back. Any help would be incredibly appreciated!

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
I just got a N3DSXL with CFW today from eBay. I factory reset it (After copying the SD Card Contents to my PC), as the seller said it would be fine. However, I still have the CFW installed, but the apps that were on it before are gone, and I can't figure out for the life of me how to get them back. Any help would be incredibly appreciated!
https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, I waited until they prompted me to (so after the Pikmin Movie and the o3ds got formatted) then moved the contents by computer. The legit games were there
Try installing one of the games with freeShop, but cancelling it after it is finished saying installing TMD. I think if that works then it means tikDevil is not using the right site or something.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Perhaps an obvious question but i need to be sure; Is the latest 3ds firmware exploitable with dsiware injection? i dont want to update my new 3ds and find its not possible
Yes, but if you're on 11.3 or less you don't need it so don't update (only update if 11.4 or 11.5).

robak123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hello, how to do that in the injected VC GBA you could save the game using quick save on the touch screen or using a combination of buttons?

MasqueMojo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try installing one of the games with freeShop, but cancelling it after it is finished saying installing TMD. I think if that works then it means tikDevil is not using the right site or something.

Just tried it with a few games, still not working. It seems my games are gone foor good

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to backup my Ultra Moon save file from the actual cartridge before installing the CFW on my New 3DS 11.6.0? I do know the save files are stored within the cartridge, but I do not want to risk them. After installing the CFW, I would prefer to play the eshop's version or a digital backup of my own cartridge if eshop's version is not compatible with my save file. How should I go about creating a copy of my Ultra Moon's save file?

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
No, you're gonna want a save manager to do that, and to get that you'll need CFW.y

Also, eShop ver is compatible with cart files
Is there anyway to backup my Ultra Moon save file from the actual cartridge before installing the CFW on my New 3DS 11.6.0? I do know the save files are stored within the cartridge, but I do not want to risk them. After installing the CFW, I would prefer to play the eshop's version or a digital backup of my own cartridge if eshop's version is not compatible with my save file. How should I go about creating a copy of my Ultra Moon's save file?
also no the game does not save on the cart iirc

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
after you install your CFW, you install Checkpoint,
you can backup the save from your cartridge, then restore it on your installed version(you must run the game first to create it's data)

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you're gonna want a save manager to do that, and to get that you'll need CFW.y

Also, eShop ver is compatible with cart files

also no the game does not save on the cart iirc

The save file for Pokemon USUM doesn't save to the cart itself? Really? The save file is stored on your 3DS's SD card instead? Now, I am even more worried about losing or destroying my save file for UM. 3DS.guide states I shouldn't lose my files which should include UM's save files as well? Is there any chance of losing my save file beside bricking the whole 3DS?

after you install your CFW, you install Checkpoint,
you can backup the save from your cartridge, then restore it on your installed version(you must run the game first to create it's data)
Thank you for the advice. I will use this method.

Lagiacrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi everyone. I was not able to find the answer for by searching so sorry if it was answered 100 times already.

Do the later new 2ds xl come with 11.6 FW? Or Do you have to update to it intentionally? I've seen some posts on reddit confirming 11.5 on pokeball version of the console, but it was some time ago.

D

Deleted User

Hi everyone. I was not able to find the answer for by searching so sorry if it was answered 100 times already.

Do the later new 2ds xl come with 11.6 FW? Or Do you have to update to it intentionally? I've seen some posts on reddit confirming 11.5 on pokeball version of the console, but it was some time ago.
Is true come whith 11.5 I buyed ones yesterday and it comes whith 11.5

Reactions: Lagiacrus

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Did you get the pokeball version?
I'm planning on getting the regular black or white console so I would appreciate some feedback about those
All N2DSXLs will come with 11.4 or higher. 11.4, 11.5 and 11.6 are all equivalent as far as modding goes. It really doesn't matter what specific version a specific model comes on.

Lagiacrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
All N2DSXLs will come with 11.4 or higher. 11.4, 11.5 and 11.6 are all equivalent as far as modding goes. It really doesn't matter what specific version a specific model comes on.
Ok then. So there is no way to install homebrew on 11.4+ without specific flashcarts or soldering?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D