• Views 4,459,166
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

microbytemob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there , been using a sky3ds card for some time now , but want to install cfw i have so far managed to get to install godmode9 & get as far as https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup Section II , i am curently on firmware 10.1.0-20E & was just wondering if i need to do the CTRTransfer at all?, this is a fresh new install so i have never tried this before , or do i skip that part first and continue to update? also is this safe to update before i finish installing everything else and finishing the guide, sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure i am doing everything right many thx

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there , been using a sky3ds card for some time now , but want to install cfw i have so far managed to get to install godmode9 & get as far as https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup Section II , i am curently on firmware 10.1.0-20E & was just wondering if i need to do the CTRTransfer at all?, this is a fresh new install so i have never tried this before , or do i skip that part first and continue to update? also is this safe to update before i finish installing everything else and finishing the guide, sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure i am doing everything right many thx
you didn't downgrade to 2.1, and you don't have an emunand, so don't do CTRTransfer/Move EmuNAND. do update like it tells you.

Lizega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wassup people, I have a "new" 3DS and my friend gave me a flashcart. Can I use this on the latest 3DS/2DS etc version, can I run 3DS roms on it and is there a guide for newbies or beginners on how to install things on it to work? The flash cart is a R4i 3DS Gold without the RTS.

microbytemob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you didn't downgrade to 2.1, and you don't have an emunand, so don't do CTRTransfer/Move EmuNAND. do update like it tells you.
Many thx pal, I thought that , was just unsure about the updating bit as i heard the new update stops me from continuing finishing installing the rest of the files. also is it possible to skip the update (just curious incase i want to use my sky3ds card again) appreciate the help btw!!

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wassup people, I have a "new" 3DS and my friend gave me a flashcart. Can I use this on the latest 3DS/2DS etc version, can I run 3DS roms on it and is there a guide for newbies or beginners on how to install things on it to work? The flash cart is a R4i 3DS Gold without the RTS.
The flashcart can be used to play old ds games
For 3ds games:
What is your firmware version. If it's 11.3 or lower you can follow https://3ds.guide
If it's 11.4 or higher it depends on what url is written on the card

Last edited by Uumas,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Many thx pal, I thought that , was just unsure about the updating bit as i heard the new update stops me from continuing finishing installing the rest of the files. also is it possible to skip the update (just curious incase i want to use my sky3ds card again) appreciate the help btw!!
You can skip the update but there's no reason to. Sky3ds can be still used after update.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
@Uumas for some reason I cannot reply to your comment so I guess I'll have to tag you, the site is r4ids.cn btw.
You can use it to install CFW. See https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

If you're on 11.3 or less there's other ways that don't involve the flashcart but to be honest using the flashcart is easier than all of those ways I think (just that some people might not already own one).

Reactions: Uumas

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You can use it to install CFW. See https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

If you're on 11.3 or less there's other ways that don't involve the flashcart but to be honest using the flashcart is easier than all of those ways I think (just that some people might not already own one).
Except maybe now with OCS it might be easier the soundhax way

travesde

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So if I have already updated to 11.6.0 prior to even reading about luma, there is no way I can install cfw without another 3ds? I don't fell like buying another 3ds so I will probably just wait and see. Is it possible that 11.6 will be soon hackable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle