• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

Grav3staR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Good day all, just wanted to know, I have a New 3DS XL with firmware 11.5 on it, but I can use doodlebomb to access the homebrew. Can I install cfw on the device without the use of a secondary 3DS with cfw already on it or flashcart? Or do I still need them?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good day all, just wanted to know, I have a New 3DS XL with firmware 11.5 on it, but I can use doodlebomb to access the homebrew. Can I install cfw on the device without the use of a secondary 3DS with cfw already on it or flashcart? Or do I still need them?
Still need them. Userland homebrew doesn't have the necessary privileges to install CFW above 11.3

leezantua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im currently in luma3ds version 6.6-b16d887 with sys fw 11.0.0-33U.
1. Would I need to update my luma3ds to play latest/upcoming games?
2. Can I safely update my system (to 11.5.0-38U) like normal without messing up my cfw?
3. Is freeshop still active? if so would I need the latest version of luma3ds to enjoy this app?
Thanks!

zSyntex

Berserker of myself.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
2. Can I safely update my system (to 11.5.0-38U) like normal without messing up my cfw?
3. Is freeshop still active? if so would I need the latest version of luma3ds to enjoy this app?
Thanks!
1) Of course you need to update your FW, that's a useless question.
2) Nope, you should replace A9LH with B9S and install Luma3DS v8.1.1 (since A9LH support was dropped by many developer). After that, update to last 11.6 FW
3) Yep, there's the Paul's fork atm.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks!
Guide for updating to b9s: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

rafaeloz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I tried to upgrade my b9s with the guide , but I can't boot into luma in the first step on the 3ds.
''Section II - Installing boot9strap
  1. Reboot holding (Start) during boot to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu''
I put all files on the folders on preparing. But none of the payloads boot.

I'm on the 11.6 .

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I tried to upgrade my b9s with the guide , but I can't boot into luma in the first step on the 3ds.
''Section II - Installing boot9strap
  1. Reboot holding (Start) during boot to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu''
I put all files on the folders on preparing. But none of the payloads boot.

I'm on the 11.6 .
If you take out the SD card, and hold Select on boot, so you get the Luma config menu and what version Luma does it say?

rafaeloz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Download Luma 7.1 and put it on your SD card, it is probably booting from CTR-NAND because you have the wrong one on SD. https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
I could boot and install doing that(put the 3 files on the root of the sd with luma 7.1).
I intalled but I get the error:

'an error has occurred unsupported launcher (argc = 0)
press an button to shutdow '

Now I can't boot at all

EDIT:

aLL WOrking. I put the last luma 8.1 on the sd card and now I booted.

Thanks

Last edited by rafaeloz,

misterbunny56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.I'm new with CFW so I have couple of questions.
1.Can i get ban if i'm on FW that lower that 11.6?
2.Is Ban flagged list is a thing? or it's just made up cuz we dont have enough information about nintendo's ban system.
3.If i'm on the list but I'm on a lower FW.When I update to 11.6 will I get ban?
4.Does anybody got ban because of using .CIA while online?

rafaeloz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
2.Is Ban flagged list is a thing? or it's just made up cuz we dont have enough information about nintendo's ban system.
3.If i'm on the list but I'm on a lower FW.When I update to 11.6 will I get ban?

If you have CFw b9s+luma updated and follow the tips posted on 3dsguide , its difficult to get ban.
In my case I don't even have a nnid on my 3ds. But I don't play online very often.

Reactions: misterbunny56

misterbunny56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have CFw b9s+luma updated and follow the tips posted on 3dsguide , its difficult to get ban.
In my case I don't even have a nnid on my 3ds. But I don't play online very often.
Thanks for reply. But this is not enough for my question.I want more answer to make me feel safe. :)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
1. Firmware version doesn't make a difference

2. and 3. I've never heard of a ban list

4. Cias look like legit eShop games to Nintendo. The ways to get banned are basically:
1. Cheating online
2. Playing games online before they are released
3. Having sending system information to Nintendo on (turned off in the guide) and using .cia Homebrew like FBI or freeshop

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Godmode9 Home menu, at scripts, there's an option to backup sys/emunand. But how on earth do you restore a backup? There's no such option.
There is an entire section on the guide for general usage: https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage.html

1. Launch GodMode9 by holding (Start) during boot
  2. Navigate to [0:] SDCARD
  3. Press (A) on your NAND .bin to select it, then select “NAND image options…”, then select “Restore SysNAND (safe)”
  4. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND overwriting, then input the key combo given
    • This will not overwrite your boot9strap installation
  5. Input the key combo given to unlock SysNAND (lvl1) writing
    • This process will take some time
  6. Once it has completed, press (A) to continue
  7. Press (B) to decline relocking write permissions if prompted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1