1. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Addict

Finland
    You can buy a ntrboot compatible flashcart like this: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149 and use it to install cfw

travesde likes this.
  2. GinOkami428

GinOkami428 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    - Is there any way for me to check if I somehow screwed up the 3DS' DSP? Also, if something like that were to happen, would an update fix that? I mean, if I really have to, I can continue with the headphones or speaker but I'd like to have my 3DS' sound come from it's speakers, you know what I mean? I also wanted to double check if it were software related before updating to BootStrap9, you know, in case it could make things worse down the line while updating. I just think its weird that the only sound that comes out of my 3DS' speakers are the shutter and beep from the camera app when I use it, that sounds more like a software issue rather than hardware issue to me.

3. jupitteer

jupitteer self loathing millia player

Antarctica
    It's probably just a coincidence. Nothing on the 3ds messes with DSP aside from dumping it, and there's no way to check. Your speakers are broken.

Majickhat55 likes this.
  4. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

United States
    Exactly what @jupitteer said. DSP is read only, so it can be dumped but not altered. It's 100% the speakers on your console.

5. leezantua

leezantua Member
    Newcomer

After updating to B9s and updating lumaupdater I now have 2 copies of FBI and lumaupdater in my system both of which are old versions. What is the best way to uninstall these duplicates and is there a way for me to check that what i am uninstalling are the old versions of the software?

6. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The 2 copies of FBI are probably the Health&Safety injected version and the CIA installed version. You don't need the Health & Safety injected version. You can delete it and then do a system update to reinstall your Health&Safety app. For the duplicate versions of Luma Updater, open FBI, go to Titles, and delete the version of Luma Updater that does not display "KunoichiZ / Hamcha" as the author.

Quantumcat likes this.
  7. testing123

testing123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I hacked my 3ds back in June with A9LH and Luma.

Dragon Quest 7 worked fine until this week, where it demanded a system update to download tablets (online maps).

It's safe to do the system upgrade, yeah? Anyone else encounter this with DQ7?

8. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Addict

Finland
    Updating should be fine, but you should update to b9s first: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

9. Home_Rowed

Home_Rowed GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did any ever find out how to convert those cartridge saves used in GW Classic Mode with the old Key Y (specifically 3DS Link for me) without the flashcard to current system versions?

10. bomboy2121

bomboy2121 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Israel
    i want to buy a 64gb micro sd card for my n2dsxl and i know it causes some glitches.
    anyone got an idea to what glitches does it cause? heard some stuffs about virtual consoles bugs but im not sure

11. leezantua

leezantua Member
    Newcomer

using Paul's forked Freeshop. Was able to download the latest Metroid game, and game was working properly. Was trying to download Minecraft but kept on getting download error...

12. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Addict

Finland
    I haven't heard of any glitches using it. Just format to fat32 with guiformat. Using a 128gb one myself with no problems

13. bomboy2121

Newcomer

Israel
    have you played any gba games? (specifically pokemon red and blue cuz i heard theres a bug that makes the screen get cut at the bottom and you can see the bottem of it on the top side

14. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Addict

Finland
    Those aren't gba games, they are Gameboy games and I've tried them without any problems.

15. bomboy2121

Newcomer

Israel
    my bad, i meant gba games AND the pokemon games

16. Alex4nder001

Alex4nder001 Part-time thug

United Kingdom
    Before I installed Luma3DS, I ran homebrew through menuhax. Exiting a homebrew app brought me back to the HBL. But now I use HBLauncher_loader, and it's really annoying that instead of returning to the homebrew launcher it returns to the home menu, and I have to re-enter the parental controls PIN (so my little sister doesn't mess anything up) every time I want to use it.
    Is there a fix for this? Does it require a payload (otherapp, ropbin etc)

17. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

United States
    older homebrew needs to be rebuilt with latest libctru to exit to hbmenu under rosalina. which ones are doing this?

18. sleepynumberone

Newcomer

United States
    Is soundhax now working on o3ds 11.5-38? 3ds.guide says all versions for o3ds 11.5-38, but then the soundhax page says up to 11.3

19. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Addict

Finland
    It says use an all versions method. That means ntrboot (or hardmod)

20. jupitteer

jupitteer self loathing millia player

Antarctica
    No, it is not. You can only get cfw on 11.5 if you a) buy a $20 flashcart (and you'll also be able to play ds roms with it after you're done hacking your 3ds), b) have a second hacked 3ds and use the dsiware method, or c) do an advanced method where you physically modify your hardware.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,