• Replies 53,784
  • Likes 43

aubreyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If boot9strap can't play .3ds which means I'll have to convert .cia to .3ds? which tool I should use to convert .3ds to .cia?

also before installing boot9strap, I'll have to upgrade my original firmware from 4.5 to 11.5 right? If so I'll just have to enable wifi and install the firmware?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If boot9strap can't play .3ds which means I'll have to convert .cia to .3ds? which tool I should use to convert .3ds to .cia?

also before installing boot9strap, I'll have to upgrade my original firmware from 4.5 to 11.5 right? If so I'll just have to enable wifi and install the firmware?
You can convert them using GodMode9. It's installed in the guide.
Don't update the firmware until the guide tells you to. Follow it on 4.5

wiiguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed luma, which is great, btw. I see from the comment above that I cant play .3ds roms? is this accurate?

While on the subject, what is the max size sz card recognized by 3ds?

Last edited by wiiguy,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I just installed luma, which is great, btw. I understand how to install .cias, but how to I play .3ds roms? Is there a way to load them from a gateway card via mini sdhc?

While on the subject, what is the max size sz card recognized by 3ds?
You need to convert the 3ds files to cia with GodMode9 and install them. 128gb works for sure, but usually even 256gb ones do, but there's no reason to use anything that large.

TimoCT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey all, I'm having trouble with DS games at the moment. I can't remember the last time they worked, but now neither legit cartridges nor an R4i are being recognised by my N3DSXL on Luma 8.1 (latest stable update) with 11.4.0-37E. 3DS carts are playing fine, I tried various DS carts but the region doesn't make a difference and cleaning the pins also changes nothing. Does anyone have any idea as to what happened and how to fix it? =)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey all, I'm having trouble with DS games at the moment. I can't remember the last time they worked, but now neither legit cartridges nor an R4i are being recognised by my N3DSXL on Luma 8.1 (latest stable update) with 11.4.0-37E. 3DS carts are playing fine, I tried various DS carts but the region doesn't make a difference and cleaning the pins also changes nothing. Does anyone have any idea as to what happened and how to fix it? =)
Try following the dsi/ds functionality broken part here: https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting

Reactions: TimoCT

monito uchiha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a silly question..... (Please help me)
I followed the 3ds guide to have costum firmware on new 2ds (target) the source is an old 3ds xl, the account of my old 3ds is now on the new 2ds so....... How many days should I wait to call Nintendo and tell them that I'm not able to new 2ds ??? (Just to get my account back on the old 3ds xl) Thanks before hand :)

TimoCT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try following the dsi/ds functionality broken part here: https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting
Thanks a lot for the reply! I wish I could say it worked, but, unfortunately, nothing came out of it ^^" Any other suggestions?
Edit: Never mind, something must have clicked! I rebooted several times, reinserted the various carts at least three times that number and now I'm sorted. The guide must also have been necessary, anyway, so I feel kinda dumb now =)

Last edited by TimoCT,

ajh158

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DSTwo seems to have died. It's been working for years, but I recently installed SNES and GBA plugins and it worked for a few days, then stopped being recognized by my 3DS.
I tried it in another 3DS and a DSL, not recognized there either.
I tried formatting the SD card and installing new copies of firmware and EOS, but when I put it in DSL for firmware update, it doesn't recognize it.

I'd like to buy another one, but it seems like a lot of the suppliers have disappeared or do not have any stock.
Any suggestions for where I can get a DSTwo or DSTwo+?
Or suggestions for a different flashcart that can run DS (not 3DS) games (GBA and SNES nice to have but not necessary)?

A reply here would be great, but feel free to point me to a different thread also, thanks!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
My DSTwo seems to have died. It's been working for years, but I recently installed SNES and GBA plugins and it worked for a few days, then stopped being recognized by my 3DS.
I tried it in another 3DS and a DSL, not recognized there either.
I tried formatting the SD card and installing new copies of firmware and EOS, but when I put it in DSL for firmware update, it doesn't recognize it.

I'd like to buy another one, but it seems like a lot of the suppliers have disappeared or do not have any stock.
Any suggestions for where I can get a DSTwo or DSTwo+?
Or suggestions for a different flashcart that can run DS (not 3DS) games (GBA and SNES nice to have but not necessary)?

A reply here would be great, but feel free to point me to a different thread also, thanks!
Get a flashcart compatible with ntrboot, then you can install CFW for SNES and GBA games and use the flashcart to play DS games. See https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

Twas1477

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I'm missing a big step and can't find it despite hours of searching and am getting very frustrated.
I used NTRbootHax to install boot9strap and luma3DS but now what?
I wanted to be able to save games on my SD card and launch them from the home screen.
How do I do this?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi, I'm missing a big step and can't find it despite hours of searching and am getting very frustrated.
I used NTRbootHax to install boot9strap and luma3DS but now what?
I wanted to be able to save games on my SD card and launch them from the home screen.
How do I do this?
Follow the freeshop guide in the first post of this thread

Reactions: Quantumcat

Twas1477

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Follow the freeshop guide in the first post of this thread

Thank you kind stranger. but now I'm stuck in a loop.
I have FreEShop but when I launch it it downloads "latest cache r74", says "no cache entries found, try refreshing cache", I go to refresh cache and it says
"you need to restart Freeshop press any button", then restarts and
then goes back to downloading "latest cache r74".... I'm going around in circles.

Last edited by Twas1477,

bobby771

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello, recently the ds and dsi functions (cartridges, dsi wares) on my n3ds xl (11.5 and luma 6.6) stopped working, i only get a black screen on boot, I tried this guide : 3ds.guide/troubleshooting but it didnt worked... Anyone can help ? Thanks

AlexanderBlackk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello! I would just like to ask how I should fix my 3ds cfw unit..

I can see the installed games on my Setting, but I can't see ANY of them in the homepage.. What should I do?

Please help me..

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I would just like to ask how I should fix my 3ds cfw unit..

I can see the installed games on my Setting, but I can't see ANY of them in the homepage.. What should I do?

Please help me..
You would want to run tikshop. It will download the tickets needed to have your games reappear on your homescreen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I feel like you wanted to make it something else but didn't want sickly slapping you +1