• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so the process I mentioned is fine. Its just sorting out the NNID.

So I presume it will be better to just transfer it, wait a week, ask Nintendo to unlink the NNID, then login in with my NNID to the New 2DS
Yup. You might not have to wait a week. If they ask I'd just tell them you bought a new system, did a transfer and you didn't realize the NNIDS would be stuck on one system because you want to keep them both separate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: monito uchiha

GBAtoDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yup. You might not have to wait a week. If they ask I'd just tell them you bought a new system, did a transfer and you didn't realize the NNIDS would be stuck on one system because you want to keep them both separate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

thanks, last noob question, what SD card size am I best getting for the new 2DS, it looks like nintendo spec up to 32GB only. But I think I read somewhere once you have CFW, you can have a higher capacity.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
thanks, last noob question, what SD card size am I best getting for the new 2DS, it looks like nintendo spec up to 32GB only. But I think I read somewhere once you have CFW, you can have a higher capacity.
You can use at least up to 256gb, but how much you need depends on how many games you want to have. Personally I'm using 32gb one, but if you're okay with having only a few games installed installed at a time you'll be fine with an 4 or 8gb one.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use up to a 128GB SD card as long as it's formatted and set to 32kb cluster size though they cause issues with certain things like GBA games. Larger cards (obviously) come with longer read/write times. IMO anything over 64GB is overkill for the 3DS. The largest games are a little over 3GB and there aren't TOO many; you'd basically have to install every game on eshop to fill a 128GB SD card.

GBAtoDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can use at least up to 256gb, but how much you need depends on how many games you want to have. Personally I'm using 32gb one, but if you're okay with having only a few games installed installed at a time you'll be fine with an 4 or 8gb one.

I'll probably just end up having a 32GB one, thats what I had in my DSlite when I had a flashcard for that, unfortunatley the flashcard has gone missing, :( So i thought why not use this as an excuse to get a new device etc.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'll probably just end up having a 32GB one, thats what I had in my DSlite when I had a flashcard for that, unfortunatley the flashcard has gone missing, :( So i thought why not use this as an excuse to get a new device etc.
That should be well enough

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Going to be dusting of my 3ds when Samus returns comes out. Not too fussed about playing backups at the moment, will be playing off original cart, still want to keep my 3ds hackable though. So just have a couple question:

3ds is still on 4.5 + some version of GW emunand, that was unlinked from sysnand.

This guide https://3ds.guide/ is still the go to, and copying emunand to system nand applies to GW as well, there wasn't any funny business with GW emunand?
While I'll probably just play metroid and the 3ds will go back to collecting dust, are .cias any faster yet? Last time I installed some they took far longer than copying across a .3ds. Freeshop is also incredibly slow on old 3ds and judging by posts here, not exactly fast on new either. So still no way to get them on there faster like .3ds? (not interested in excuses like you have to use X slow site for .3ds), just are .cia faster yet?

Thanks.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Going to be dusting of my 3ds when Samus returns comes out. Not too fussed about playing backups at the moment, will be playing off original cart, still want to keep my 3ds hackable though. So just have a couple question:

3ds is still on 4.5 + some version of GW emunand, that was unlinked from sysnand.

This guide https://3ds.guide/ is still the go to, and copying emunand to system nand applies to GW as well, there wasn't any funny business with GW emunand?
While I'll probably just play metroid and the 3ds will go back to collecting dust, are .cias any faster yet? Last time I installed some they took far longer than copying across a .3ds. Freeshop is also incredibly slow on old 3ds and judging by posts here, not exactly fast on new either. So still no way to get them on there faster like .3ds? (not interested in excuses like you have to use X slow site for .3ds), just are .cia faster yet?

Thanks.
I find FBI to be slower than bigbluemenu

danya99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have homebrew and everything set up. I have 3 cia files to download. When I go into FBI and download one, it appears on my homescreen as it should, but if I try to download another cia it will replace the previous cia's icon. How do I keep this from happening?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I have homebrew and everything set up. I have 3 cia files to download. When I go into FBI and download one, it appears on my homescreen as it should, but if I try to download another cia it will replace the previous cia's icon. How do I keep this from happening?
If they have the same title id they will replace each other.

gazza1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all.

I'm reading loads and I feel I'm getting confused. I'm not "new" to modding consoles. I've modded Xbox1(original, 2x softmod and 1x hard mod) Xbox360 (2x flash) wii (3x softmod) rooting android phones etc etc.

I would like to install cfw and freeeshop to a stock New N3ds XL running 11.5 cfw. I have access to 2x DS lites.

My questions are as follows:

Will purchasing one of the 2 flashcards recommended in the 3ds guide site enable me to do what I would like to do?

I have 4x flashcards. one of which is a r4i 3ds card but an older version of it. I am reluctant to purchase another unless it will help me reach my goal.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi all.

I'm reading loads and I feel I'm getting confused. I'm not "new" to modding consoles. I've modded Xbox1(original, 2x softmod and 1x hard mod) Xbox360 (2x flash) wii (3x softmod) rooting android phones etc etc.

I would like to install cfw and freeeshop to a stock New N3ds XL running 11.5 cfw. I have access to 2x DS lites.

My questions are as follows:

Will purchasing one of the 2 flashcards recommended in the 3ds guide site enable me to do what I would like to do?

I have 4x flashcards. one of which is a r4i 3ds card but an older version of it. I am reluctant to purchase another unless it will help me reach my goal.
Yes. You'll be able to do that. Just follow https://3ds.guide

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do B9S and Luma support booting Firmware 9.2? I have a friend who is still on 9.2 with an Emunand and I wanted to install B9S on his system and then simply inject his Emunand into Sysnand afterwards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!