• Views 4,459,166
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Karuley

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi~

I'd like to use my N3DS XL without having to take out the mSD Card as that requires unscrewing the back etc..

I seen FTP Clients and things, although they confused me in the process, may someone pls post a guide on how to use for a noob, pls and ty~

It's quite simple actually, just have an FTP client on your 3DS an acess it via homebrew, I use FTPbrony even tho it's outdated, just use whatever FTP client comes with the Homebrew Starter Kit.
Then download Filezilla on your computer, open it and insert whatever IP adress your FTP app gives you and insert it in Filezilla, then just simply hit connect :)

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
It's quite simple actually, just have an FTP client on your 3DS an acess it via homebrew, I use FTPbrony even tho it's outdated, just use whatever FTP client comes with the Homebrew Starter Kit.
Then download Filezilla on your computer, open it and insert whatever IP adress your FTP app gives you and insert it in Filezilla, then just simply hit connect :)

Thank you~

Karuley

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I read the guide from Plailect and when downgrading, I managed to softbrick my 2ds...

I read it is better to format the console before downgrading, but I wonder how to do that and right then use sysDowngrader ?
I'm in 9.9.0-26E so my entrypoint is menuHax (installed from browserHax). But when I format the console (with or without the SD card in it), I'm then unable to launch Homebrew Launcher via the d-pad down pressing when powering on the console. So I guess menuHax does'nt work anymore after formatting the console (with or without the SD card in it).

So does "formatting the console before downgrading" means "format the console, then install menuHax, then downgrade" ?

I already softbricked a 2ds that way, and would like to try on a second, that's why I'm asking

Although, if you have any advice as how to maximise the chances to not get a softbrick while downloading that way, I would take it, as my second 2ds I want to try the downgrade on is my last one...

Thank you !

(sorry for the Frenchy English)

yes that's what it means

navigate to System Settings> Other Settings> Scroll right till you see Format System Memory

although if the device is brand new I'd say the format is not needed, also bear in mind that formatting will delete Menuhax so you'll have to use Browserhax or another exploit to re-install it

also i believe soft bricks can be resolved by the Recovery Mode but it will auto update you to the latest firmware

its-my-right

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes that's what it means

navigate to System Settings> Other Settings> Scroll right till you see Format System Memory

although if the device is brand new I'd say the format is not needed, also bear in mind that formatting will delete Menuhax so you'll have to use Browserhax or another exploit to re-install it

also i believe soft bricks can be resolved by the Recovery Mode but it will auto update you to the latest firmware

Yes, I managed to update it to latest firmware via the recovery mode but... latest firmware it is :(
(in this situation, can't we make the console believe the latest version from nintendo's server is not 11+ but 10.x for example ? By blocking something on the router the console is connected to or so ?)

I'd like to avoid this situation to happen on my second 2ds and I can't get what I did wrong on the first one :(

Karuley

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I managed to update it to latest firmware via the recovery mode but... latest firmware it is :(
(in this situation, can't we make the console believe the latest version from nintendo's server is not 11+ but 10.x for example ? By blocking something on the router the console is connected to or so ?)

I'd like to avoid this situation to happen on my second 2ds and I can't get what I did wrong on the first one :(

maybe wrong files?

I don't believe it is possible sadly :/ though I am not an expert in the matter, but from what I've heard it appears that the same method used to downgrade 11.0 to 10.x still seems to be working on 11.1, don't quote me on this

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi~

I'd like to use my N3DS XL without having to take out the mSD Card as that requires unscrewing the back etc..

I seen FTP Clients and things, although they confused me in the process, may someone pls post a guide on how to use for a noob, pls and ty~
Since you have a N3DSXL why don't you use the microsd management in the settings?it does almost the same thing as an FTP client does:mellow:

Last edited by PrometheusG.,

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
First, you find it in: system settings -> Data management -> microSD Management.

From there just click it,follow the instruction to set up a username, a password and a name for the 3ds in order to connect to your pc, and press ok to connect.

In your PC you will find your N3DSXL under "Network" and when you see your console's name you have given (ex. 3DS-1234) just put the username and password and you will never have to take out your microSD card for minor stuff again

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
First, you find it in: system settings -> Data management -> microSD Management.

From there just click it,follow the instruction to set up a username, a password and a name for the 3ds in order to connect to your pc, and press ok to connect.

In your PC you will find your N3DSXL under "Network" and when you see your console's name you have given (ex. 3DS-1234) just put the username and password and you will never have to take out your microSD card for minor stuff again

I found it and doing so now, ty~

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Are there any DNS codes or anything that allow me to block an auto update on my 2DS?

This has always worked since it's part of the Homebrew Haxs:
On your 3DS, open the System Settings app, then go to Internet Settings and Connection Settings. From there, select your favorite Connection, tap the Change Settings button, and on the second page head over to the DNS section. Once there, select "No" for "Auto-obtain DNS", and under Detailed Setup, enter the following address : 107.211.140.065.

SOURCE: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

conor snap

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

so im a complete noob with emulators / gateway etc etc, i got one recently and couldnt play super smash bros, so i updated gateway to 11.1 whatever most recent one is, now i either can find how u acess the game menu or i cant play the games because its to recent and its not been fixed yet, just wanted to know if im missing something,i 100% updated my emunand not my sysnand

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an unhacked 3ds on 9.9.0.

I want to do a downgrade on a second 3ds on 11.0.

What would be the best hack to put on the FIRST unhacked 3ds?

I should mention that I'd like to do a gateway card based hack, since I have the blue and red cards that I used to use on the 11.0 3ds before it stopped working with the 11.0 update.

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What language are the arm9loaderhax payloads written in? Also, how would I open/edit these?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey,

so im a complete noob with emulators / gateway etc etc, i got one recently and couldnt play super smash bros, so i updated gateway to 11.1 whatever most recent one is, now i either can find how u acess the game menu or i cant play the games because its to recent and its not been fixed yet, just wanted to know if im missing something,i 100% updated my emunand not my sysnand
I think 11.1 broken the Gateway menu, even on CFW. You'll either need to downgrade to 11.0 or (afaik) downgrade your home menu.

conor snap

Trophies
XP
Country
What language are the arm9loaderhax payloads written in? Also, how would I open/edit these?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think 11.1 broken the Gateway menu, even on CFW. You'll either need to downgrade to 11.0 or (afaik) downgrade your home menu.

Thanks! how do i downgrade to 11.0 then ( really sorry i literally know nothing XD )

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! how do i downgrade to 11.0 then ( really sorry i literally know nothing XD )
Considering you're not using A9LH, I'd recommend doing that first just to be able to make backups and stuff. You can do that here. After you're finished with that you can download an old homemenu through 3DNUS and install it like you would normally (making a backup before you do that, of course).

Astrocity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I go to the store and buy a NEW 3ds xl and have my hack guy do it for me? No problems with firmware versions yet on these? Looking to grab one tonight!

Are flashcards still a thing?

Many thanks

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I go to the store and buy a NEW 3ds xl and have my hack guy do it for me? No problems with firmware versions yet on these? Looking to grab one tonight!

Many thanks
Flashcards are still a thing, but are not needed. They are only needed to play NDS games. The firmware you'll want it to be on is 10.7 or lower. Make sure he (or you) follows this guide.

Reactions: Astrocity

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Many thanks
As long as the console is on 10.7 or less your "hack guy" shouldn't have any trouble. Best to visit a shop with low turnover, then you have a higher chance of not getting an 11.0 console (is rare to find 11.0 consoles but they are around).

Flashcarts are no longer needed except for DS flashcarts for DS games.

Reactions: Astrocity

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and the morning cuz school