• Views 4,448,017
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember seeing something about Pokebank interfering with cia's and homebrew. I have RxTools on an O3DS. If I open Pokebank does it actually damage some of the homebrew I have? :c
I've never heard of these issues myself, and searching on Google doesn't seem to bring up anything.

I would say it should be safe to use PokeBank without causing any damage to your Homebrew. I can't think of any reason PokeBank would cause an issue.

lelecureuil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone.

So, I followed Plailect's A9LH guide as suggested in this gbatemp tutorial and had absolutely no problem whatsoever (didn't have to downgrade since my 3DS XL is brand new) but am now wondering if there's anything else I have to do to have a full setup? or am I ready to go?

also, what does NTR means?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by lelecureuil,
Reactions: Latyana

Rubbersnake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having issues getting online using gateway trying to play monster hunter gen, I have imported my own header and made it 3dz but for some reason I am still getting error code 002-0123.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone.

So, I followed Plailect's A9LH guide as suggested in this gbatemp tutorial and had absolutely no problem whatsoever (didn't have to downgrade since my 3DS XL is brand new) but am now wondering if there's anything else I have to do to have a full setup? or am I ready to go?

thanks in advance.
If you've completed the A9LH guide, you're good to go. Cias, Homebrew, etc... should all be accessible to you now.

NTR CFW is a CFW made by Cell9. It contains tools for RAM editing, cheat support, remote video streaming from the 3DS to your PC, and several other features. It's not a true CFW, but rather a plugin for another CFW installed on your 3DS (i.e. Luma). I believe the latest release is the 3.4 beta.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone.

thanks in advance.
Did you follow Plailect's guide all the way to Part 5? If you did, then you are good to go.

A pretty good guide for explaining NTR CFW can be found here.

Edit: Ninja'd

Reactions: Latyana

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try again.

So I'm looking to get a new New 3DS XL.
Which model should I get if I want to hack it? Are there versions that aren't hackable or less hackable?
I've seen people mention downgrading, can we just downgrade from any 3DS or do I need to be selective when buying a new unit?
Is there any difference if I get a Japanese New 3DS XL? If so, what.

Last time I asked someone said it needs 10.6 firmware or less, but that doesn't fulfill my query.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll try again.

So I'm looking to get a new New 3DS XL.
Which model should I get if I want to hack it? Are there versions that aren't hackable or less hackable?
I've seen people mention downgrading, can we just downgrade from any 3DS or do I need to be selective when buying a new unit?
Is there any difference if I get a Japanese New 3DS XL? If so, what.

Last time I asked someone said it needs 10.6 firmware or less, but that doesn't fulfill my query.
Any unused N3DS comes with 10.5 or lesser firmware. All of which are downgradeable. Even 3DSes on the latest firmware are exploitable and can be downgraded, it's just a harder process.

There are N3DSes that come with 9.2 or lesser firmware which can skip the downgrade process, but these are very rare now and in the end, an N3DS on a firmware above 9.2 can achieve the same thing.

There's no difference between regions, other than language.

Reactions: ieatpixels

gingersourcerer

Trophies
XP
Country
Morning, I am now sporting a very nifty emunand , updated to latest version and using LUMA as my default. I have a few .3ds files and want to use . I have searched and read about 3ds conv and the simple cia conerter but that points to rx tools to process. can somebody please point me to the simplest or most definitive guide for me to get these .3ds files up and running. Also is there a way for me to know if the files i have are encrypted or decrypted ???

THX

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, is it safe to play online? What is the possibility of getting banned by Nintendo?
No chances of being banned online if you are using CIAs.

Morning, I am now sporting a very nifty emunand , updated to latest version and using LUMA as my default. I have a few .3ds files and want to use . I have searched and read about 3ds conv and the simple cia conerter but that points to rx tools to process. can somebody please point me to the simplest or most definitive guide for me to get these .3ds files up and running. Also is there a way for me to know if the files i have are encrypted or decrypted ???

THX
Try this: https://reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/40etaz/tutorial_dumping_3ds_carts_and_converting_3ds/ but only follow the "Convert .3ds files to .cia files" section.

Hestemat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old 3ds on 2.1.0-0E. What do i need to do to get rxtools access? Or just something to be able to play downloaded 3ds games on

Last edited by Hestemat,

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of these issues myself, and searching on Google doesn't seem to bring up anything.

I would say it should be safe to use PokeBank without causing any damage to your Homebrew. I can't think of any reason PokeBank would cause an issue.

Alright thanks, I could have sworn I saw it somewhere but when I googled it I didn't see anything either. So I figured it couldn't hurt to ask xD

Kurumya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I'm using the recent method to downgrade my (New)New3DS from 11.0 to 10.4 without Hardmod (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade) using dsigame exploit, my problem is that I have to launch my sysnand in Rxmode to transfer a DSi save using TWL by FBI but when I coldboot holding L (or Select) and choose bot on RXMod on sysnand, my 3ds seems to try to bot on my emunand and blocks on a redscreen. I have menuhax installed and i'm too lazy to delete it or to do install arm9xl.
Any solution ? Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Kurumya,

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello, I'm using the recent method to downgrade my (New)New3DS from 11.0 to 10.4 without Hardmod (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade) using dsigame exploit, my problem is that I have to launch my sysnand in Rxmode to transfer a DSi save using TWL by FBI but when I coldboot holding L (or Select) and choose bot on RXMod on sysnand, my 3ds seems to try to bot on my emunand and blocks on a redscreen. I have menuhax installed and i'm too lazy to delete it or to do install arm9xl.
Any solution ? Thanks for reading.
go to menuhax manager and Configure/check haxx trigger > type 1
Hold down on the D-Pad, then tap the touch screen

now you can boot to sysnand with rxtools

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm currently trying to convert my gateway saves to work on CFW. I followed

https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/.

My first convert was successful for Fire Emblem Awakening. But For SMT Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, the export from the cartridge never works in JK save manager. It just has a loading screen that says copying save4.dat except the bar doesn't move and freezes at zero. Maybe it's because I'm using a different rom (but still US region)? I'm at a loss with what I should do.

Vinicius Santana

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pls, help with extdata dump? how to configure the "config.txt" to import especific data? I try to import MH Gen File (JK save manager get stuck when i open with MH gen)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts