• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

LipeDuoli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I decide update my o3DS with firmware 4.4 + gateway emunand to install A9LH.
Before start follow Plailect guide, I make emunand(gateway) backup , copy of SDCard, backup my cia game saves and format the SDCard, removing the emunand.

Now I have luma3DS(Sys 11.0.0-33U on system settings) + A9LH + gateway payload and everything I test is working fine, but I have a few questions..

1 - I can restore the data from my gateway emunand backup? (like friend list, streetpass, mii plaza, mii creator)
2 - I can play online, open eshop and everything like that on luma and gateway(payload)?
3- When Nintendo launch a new update (like 11.1, 12.x) I just need go in system settings and update? Or I need wait a update from luna3DS/gateway payload or something like that before?

thanks..

Roaek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try Howling Theme Tool. CHHM2 ended up giving me lots of problems as well.
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...kages-with-custom-and-official-themes.401081/

Also, you might lose any paid themes or be unable to use them. I don't care about that, so to me it works just fine.

Righht just used this works fine, how do you get icons to work i saved em as png and they just appear blank on the 3ds itself but show up on the program (also how do i uninstall them)

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using Plailect's guide on getting the OTP, I'm on Section II Part 15.

I've had a similar problem doing this a while ago, which I screwed around with bricked my N3DS, I've done the steps correctly(to my knowledge anyway).

I have the "Validation Stage 1: FAILED" and "Validation Stage 2: FAILED" error.

Any ideas?

3rd Bump

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Righht just used this works fine, how do you get icons to work i saved em as png and they just appear blank on the 3ds itself but show up on the program (also how do i uninstall them)
Not sure on the icons working, it never bothered me, you could ask for support there in that thread.. As for removing them, you'd have to uninstall it via FBI.

santiifm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello, i wanted to rxtools my 3ds but i dont have a browser im in 5.1.0-0U i read that i needed a flashcard is this the only way to do it? if thats the only way then its a bummer because here in argentina it is not that simple to get a card even harder if you don't live in the capital.
Edit: also cant seem to find games that will update me more than 7.0.0

Last edited by santiifm,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i wanted to rxtools my 3ds but i dont have a browser im in 5.1.0-0U i read that i needed a flashcard is this the only way to do it? if thats the only way then its a bummer because here in argentina it is not that simple to get a card even harder if you don't live in the capital.
Edit: also cant seem to find games that will update me more than 7.0.0
Unfortunately, I am sorry to break it to you, but you need a 3DS Game with a 6.x.x update, and a DS flashcard that works with 6.x.x.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a fully functional Luma + al9h setup going now on my 3ds XL. My old 3DS was 4.X + 9.2 emu Gateway--so I'm not accustomed to what the modern scene is and what the do's and don'ts are.

So with al9h/luma, I boot into a modified sysNAND now, I know that for sure. no emuNAND. I think I left it off at 10.X or whatever the FW I got it at. What all should I NEVER do (Nintendo sys updates? Bad). Will stock updates break compatibility? Signing? Brick? Or is this basically a bulletproof setup now and I can kinda update and do as I please with CIA installs? Online play is fine on current FW? No go?

Just looking for general clarification at this point. I have al9h and luma installed. It's all said and done. Just trying to figure out the lesser details now.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a fully functional Luma + al9h setup going now on my 3ds XL. My old 3DS was 4.X + 9.2 emu Gateway--so I'm not accustomed to what the modern scene is and what the do's and don'ts are.

So with al9h/luma, I boot into a modified sysNAND now, I know that for sure. no emuNAND. I think I left it off at 10.X or whatever the FW I got it at. What all should I NEVER do (Nintendo sys updates? Bad). Will stock updates break compatibility? Signing? Brick? Or is this basically a bulletproof setup now and I can kinda update and do as I please with CIA installs? Online play is fine on current FW? No go?

Just looking for general clarification at this point. I have al9h and luma installed. It's all said and done. Just trying to figure out the lesser details now.
Get StarUpdater installed on that A9LH+Luma setup.
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-starupdater-a-luma3ds-updater.427999/

Update to the latest Luma vers with that, then update to 11.0, and enjoy online play~!

If you're ever worried about a new system update, just wait for others to confirm whether it works or not, and then update. But with A9LH, you pretty much have a bulletproof system. At least with CFW's that protect FIRM0/FIRM1, like Luma does.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Get StarUpdater installed on that A9LH+Luma setup.
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-starupdater-a-luma3ds-updater.427999/

Update to the latest Luma vers with that, then update to 11.0, and enjoy online play~!

If you're ever worried about a new system update, just wait for others to confirm whether it works or not, and then update. But with A9LH, you pretty much have a bulletproof system. At least with CFW's that protect FIRM0/FIRM1, like Luma does.

i'm pretty on top of NAND backups. I'd probably just say to hell with it and update, and NAND flash back myself, honestly. That's assuming al9h can't be compromised by a system update (which that I understand, it cannot.)

So since al9h/luma always run before the system OS, they basically have full execution rights regardless of system security measures and are more or less guaranteed to work? Or are they still relying on some sort of entry point that could be patched out in an upcoming update?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm pretty on top of NAND backups. I'd probably just say to hell with it and update, and NAND flash back myself, honestly. That's assuming al9h can't be compromised by a system update (which that I understand, it cannot.)

So since al9h/luma always run before the system OS, they basically have full execution rights regardless of system security measures and are more or less guaranteed to work? Or are they still relying on some sort of entry point that could be patched out in an upcoming update?
Pretty much this. Though if you really want to get and know the details and inner workings a bit more.
Here's this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/

Has a lot of good info, more than I could possibly be able to explain well.

Reactions: Arubaro

Dhaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm using Luma v5.5 and A9LH
is there other way safely update sysnand beside direct update in sysnand ?
thanks bro

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
1=Hey how can I downgrade sysnand?
2=If I downgrade my console sysnand 6.0 to 4.1 will it effect my 3ds? will it replace the orginal sysnand to a clone one. I mean like windows has key. So that everyone can have there own window does 3ds has a i.d key will downgrade effect it & place the already used one sysnand? Sorry for bad explanation. I hope you can understand what im saying.

Jaxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A9LH and luma3DS here, can i use CHMM2 on sys 11.0.0-33? ive got it on HBL i got the themes showing up when i click install it pops up for a brief second, disappears then does nothing at all.. not sure if its because im a too high firmware or doing something wrong.

Delete menuhax if it's still installed.

clock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I want to ask if I region changed my 2ds sysnand from jp to us follow Plailect's guide, can I access eshop later? Is there any drawback region changed 2ds console?

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I finally succeed in installing a9lh+luma3ds.
Now, I want to convert 3ds image into cia.
I see one tutorial use rxtools,which I do not have.
I finally found this tutorial which use Decrypt9WIP.
But, when I run Decrypt9WIP on HBL, I have red screen and got kicked out into HBL again.

Any suggestion? or maybe do you have any tutorial which I can follow?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I finally succeed in installing a9lh+luma3ds.
Now, I want to convert 3ds image into cia.
I see one tutorial use rxtools,which I do not have.
I finally found this tutorial which use Decrypt9WIP.
But, when I run Decrypt9WIP on HBL, I have red screen and got kicked out into HBL again.

Any suggestion? or maybe do you have any tutorial which I can follow?
You need to run decrypt9 using its .bin when you boot.
It will fail if you try running it through hbl

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to run decrypt9 using its .bin when you boot.
It will fail if you try running it through hbl

I checked in the decrypt9 folder in my PC, yes there is Decrypt9WIP.bin.
How can I run it on my 3DS?
Sorry, it maybe a stupid question, I am a complete noob in this CFW process.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I want to ask if I region changed my 2ds sysnand from jp to us follow Plailect's guide, can I access eshop later? Is there any drawback region changed 2ds console?
Actually, there is almost no point on region change, because almost all the famous CFW support region free natively, and is extremely difficult to make the eshop work (I would recommend a region change only if, for example, you don't understand the language of the original system).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I checked in the decrypt9 folder in my PC, yes there is Decrypt9WIP.bin.
How can I run it on my 3DS?
Sorry, it maybe a stupid question, I am a complete noob in this CFW process.
I don't have a9lh installed, but I think you need to press a combination of buttons to boot into decrypt9.
Try checking the Plailect guide, maybe there you can find more information

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...