• Likes 43

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
what version is it right now?

it doesn't work like this, it just installs older versions of system titles (if I understood what you're saying).

How do I downgrade? Im on 6.0 on 3ds xl. I boot my gateway through browser that I don't like. So I want to downgrade my 3ds xl sysnand!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got a old 3ds on 4.1 firmware I used that long time ago I use to boot gateway through nds profile in setting. I don't like this net browser thingy. I want to downgrade my 3ds xl. SO it can boot through nds profile

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I downgrade? Im on 6.0 on 3ds xl. I boot my gateway through browser that I don't like. So I want to downgrade my 3ds xl sysnand!
Why not update to 9.2, install Standard A9LH, and use a BootManager like BootCTR9 to autoboot GW's a9lh.bin, and have Luma3DS on another button (this is so you can safely update your sysNAND - as GW doesn't have Firm0/Firm1 protection.)

That sounds like a more reasonable goal.

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
no, don't downgrade to 4.x ever, use menuhax. also are you sure it's on "9.0.0-20"? what is it exactly?

the best place to start is https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew) but stop at the end of part 3 if you really don't want arm9loaderhax.

also please do not use rxTools (at least when setting up a new console), it's not going to work in the future when Nintendo releases 11.1 and most likely updates a few things, so best to use something else now.

Thanks for your quick reply.
The seller said it's an o3dsxl that's on 9.0.0-20u and he doesn't know anything else about it.
Part 2 of that guide is for getting to fw 9.2. can that be skipped?
Also I don't really understand rednand and emunand. I am currently using gateway's emunand on rxtools 2.6 and I have a few cias installed. Would it be possible to backup and use those game saves if I use a different cfw.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could downgrade but the best choice is to actually update to 9.2.0-20: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(rxTools-MSET)

you don't really want to go down to 4.x anymore - nobody really supports that these days
The seller said it's an o3dsxl that's on 9.0.0-20u and he doesn't know anything else about it.
Also I don't really understand rednand and emunand. I am currently using gateway's emunand on rxtools 2.6 and I have a few cias installed. Would it be possible to backup and use those game saves if I use a different cfw.
I did mention that you don't need to worry about going to 9.2 because 9.0 is identical in pretty much all cases

no you will not lose anything if you switch custom firmwares. you can use "EmuNAND" in place of "RedNAND" if you don't want to re-format the SD card for it.

Reactions: satan89

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use JK's save manager to backup your saves.
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

Edit: This is assuming you are moving to another 3DS. Though it doesn't hurt to back them up either.

Reactions: satan89

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
you could downgrade but the best choice is to actually update to 9.2.0-20: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(rxTools-MSET)

you don't really want to go down to 4.x anymore - nobody really supports that these days

I did mention that you don't need to worry about going to 9.2 because 9.0 is identical in pretty much all cases

no you will not lose anything if you switch custom firmwares. you can use "EmuNAND" in place of "RedNAND" if you don't want to re-format the SD card for it.

does 9.2 sysnand can boot through nds profile? Do I have to install something dangerous to update to 9.2sysnand?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does 9.2 sysnand can boot through nds profile? Do I have to install something dangerous to update to 9.2sysnand?
follow the guide and you'll be going to 9.2 sysnand, where you can use menuhax instead of DS Profile. menuhax is much faster (runs as soon as you turn on your console). or arm9loaderhax if you decide to follow the guide completely.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
it would by default run menuhax when you hold a button turning on the console. you can configure it to run automatically without holding any buttons
Ok I'll try to update my 3ds XL sysnand to 9.2. When I'm done & still have some problem. I will have a pm chat with you. Thanks mate for the help! :grog:

Reactions: ihaveahax

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted my system using tinyformat and trying to reinstall menuhax because it supposedly gets deleted after formatting. I try using browserhax but it doesnt work. Am I doing something wrong? Im trying to intstall Luma3ds

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Why not update to 9.2, install Standard A9LH, and use a BootManager like BootCTR9 to autoboot GW's a9lh.bin, and have Luma3DS on another button (this is so you can safely update your sysNAND - as GW doesn't have Firm0/Firm1 protection.)

That sounds like a more reasonable goal.
What is this luma3ds thingy? what does it do?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this luma3ds thingy?
Just do what ihaveamac told you to do, don't think about it for now.

But if you must know, it's a CFW, that let's you do a majority of the things a Gateway3DS can, except for loading .3ds or the Gateway cheats (Though NTR exists for that, which is a CFW that runs on-top of it? I think, not sure, and that has had it's development stopped.)

You can read the Luma3DS wiki to get an idea of what it does:
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki

But I suggest you just focus on doing what ihaveamac told you to do first, then if you're still interested, you could also use menuhax to test out Luma3DS.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Just do what ihaveamac told you to do, don't think about it for now.

But if you must know, it's a CFW, that let's you do a majority of the things a Gateway3DS can, except for loading .3ds or the Gateway cheats (Though NTR exists for that, which is a CFW that runs on-top of it? I think, not sure, and that has had it's development stopped.)

You can read the Luma3DS wiki to get an idea of what it does:
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki

But I suggest you just focus on doing what ihaveamac told you to do first, then if you're still interested, you could also use menuhax to test out Luma3DS.

Well I have a gateway card. Do I still need this? I just need to update & boot my gateway through menuhax right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But you said pine apple...