• Views 4,475,678
  • Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

Senator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, that could be an issue. This is what I found on 1.0.1 of Smash Bros. and Smashhax. Sorry, but it doesn't look like the issue has been resolved yet.
Oh.. well crap.
But, i was thinking, the update files are stored on the SD card right? Why wouldn't it be possible to just put the "correct" version files on the card?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh.. well crap.
But, i was thinking, the update files are stored on the SD card right? Why wouldn't it be possible to just put the "correct" version files on the card?
The files are in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder somewhere, but nobody knows where. I don't think the file structure is understood enough to manually add the update directly to the SD, and there's probably encryption and other factors that are in the way as well.

Senator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The files are in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder somewhere, but nobody knows where. I don't think the file structure is understood enough to manually add the update directly to the SD, and there's probably encryption and other factors that are in the way as well.
Well that sucks. So i just have to sell my soul to the devil so yellow (or someone else) could fix the 1.0.1 stock problem? *sigh* Been waiting so long to get this over with.
Thanks anyway..

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Terribly sorry of this has been answered before, I haven't seen the answer on the pages I've read, but I am currently using a N3DS with a sysNAND of 9.2 and redNAND of 10.7 (with HBL already working on sysNAND of course), I have no intention of getting arm9 or any other further hack of my system, I'm able to go into 10.7 via CakesFW so i'm wondering, lets say if 10.8, 10.9, 11.0, ... 12.0 and so on is released in the future, would I be able to just go into CakesFW and launch 10.7, and keep updating to whatever is the new firmware? Would it still work forever no matter what firmware comes out or is it that the current CakesFW is only compatible with some official nintendo firmwares?
If Nintendo changes something you will have to upgrade the cfw. It's always best before you update a system to check if you have the newest version of your cfw. You should also look for reports of the update not working.

Reactions: ThirdNight

Senator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well that sucks. So i just have to sell my soul to the devil so yellow (or someone else) could fix the 1.0.1 stock problem? *sigh* Been waiting so long to get this over with.
Thanks anyway..
Tho, maybe someone could upload their Correct SSB version files somewhere and perhaps i can investigate?

mepica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'd like to know if Dstwo (not +, the old one) is not compatible with Reinand. What happened is that the last time I used it, after playing, my (3ds) microSD got corrupted (so I had to reinstall emunand, etc...). I don't know exactly if it's dstwo fault or maeby bad luck, but I've read some posts about dstwo not working in emunand (but don't know if this just happened in older versions). At the moment I'm using Reinand 10.7 in my N3ds.

Thanks in advance!

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'd like to know if Dstwo (not +, the old one) is not compatible with Reinand. What happened is that the last time I used it, after playing, my (3ds) microSD got corrupted (so I had to reinstall emunand, etc...). I don't know exactly if it's dstwo fault or maeby bad luck, but I've read some posts about dstwo not working in emunand (but don't know if this just happened in older versions). At the moment I'm using Reinand 10.7 in my N3ds.

Thanks in advance!
Bad luck on your part. I have an old DSTWO and use it with ReiNAND, no problems. Though if you're using an MSET entrypoint to get to ReiNAND, I'd suggest changing it for MenuHax, that way you don't have to redo your MSET exploit every time you boot the DSTWO.

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox,

Sabaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old3ds on firmware version 7.1.0-16U.

I was looking at Plailect's guide on installing custom firmware, however as a starting point it seems to list what you should do based on version 9.0 or greater. Is it possible for me to upgrade to 9.0 without going all the way to 10.7?

I'm assuming upgrading to 10.7 would be a bad idea because I don't have cubic ninja or anything like that.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was looking at Plailect's guide on installing custom firmware, however as a starting point it seems to list what you should do based on version 9.0 or greater. Is it possible for me to upgrade to 9.0 without going all the way to 10.7?

I'm assuming upgrading to 10.7 would be a bad idea because I don't have cubic ninja or anything like that.
Yes you can update to 9.2 directly.

Reactions: Sabaki

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States

You should be able to use one of the other sysupdaters to bring ur system to 9.0-9.2

Reactions: Sabaki

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
How can I edit in my boot.cfg - AuReiNand? When I boot ReiNand it just comes up with the splash screen and crashes..

Code:
boot_config :
{
  timeout = 4;
  autobootfix = 8;
  recovery = 2;
  default = 1;
  entries = (
    {
      title = "ReiNand";
      path = "/ReiNand.dat";
      offset = "0x12000";
    },
    {
      title = "rxTools";
      path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
      offset = "0x12000";
      key = 0;
    },
    {
      title = "HomeBrewMenu";
      path = "/boot_hb.3dsx";
    },
    {
      title = "HomeMenu";
      path = "homemenu";
    },
    {
      title = "Reboot";
      path = "reboot";
    },
    {
      title = "Shutdown";
      path = "shutdown";
    } );
  theme :
  {
    bgTop1 = "4a0031";
    bgTop2 = "6f0149";
    bgBottom = "6f0149";
    highlight = "dcdcdc";
    borders = "ffffff";
    font1 = "ffffff";
    font2 = "000000";
    bgImgTop = "/yourimage.bin";
    bgImgBot = "/yourimage2.bin";
  };
};

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
How can I edit in my boot.cfg - AuReiNand? When I boot ReiNand it just comes up with the splash screen and crashes..

Code:
boot_config :
{
  timeout = 4;
  autobootfix = 8;
  recovery = 2;
  default = 1;
  entries = (
    {
      title = "ReiNand";
      path = "/ReiNand.dat";
      offset = "0x12000";
    },
    {
      title = "rxTools";
      path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
      offset = "0x12000";
      key = 0;
    },
    {
      title = "HomeBrewMenu";
      path = "/boot_hb.3dsx";
    },
    {
      title = "HomeMenu";
      path = "homemenu";
    },
    {
      title = "Reboot";
      path = "reboot";
    },
    {
      title = "Shutdown";
      path = "shutdown";
    } );
  theme :
  {
    bgTop1 = "4a0031";
    bgTop2 = "6f0149";
    bgBottom = "6f0149";
    highlight = "dcdcdc";
    borders = "ffffff";
    font1 = "ffffff";
    font2 = "000000";
    bgImgTop = "/yourimage.bin";
    bgImgBot = "/yourimage2.bin";
  };
};
Change the reinand part to aureinand and the path to /aureinand.dat

mepica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bad luck on your part. I have an old DSTWO and use it with ReiNAND, no problems. Though if you're using an MSET entrypoint to get to ReiNAND, I'd suggest changing it for MenuHax, that way you don't have to redo your MSET exploit every time you boot the DSTWO.
Thanks a lot! =)

nic0lette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BootNTR is open source (MIT license) but it seems as though "the good part" is in ntr.bin? Is the source for that available (or am I just totally mistaken)?

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States

ElectricJelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, quick and (hopefully) simple question. My N3DS is on 9.2 sysnand and (i'm 90% sure) the same version of emunand. I have the latest ReiNAND version (on my computer) and 3DNUS for getting the official N3DS firmware stuffs. So, which is the latest 'safe' firmware version to update emunand to, and in which order do I install them in in order to avoid screwing up my N3DS? As you can tell, i'm a wee bit distrustful of my own judgement/knowledge in this regard. Also, I have no interest in installing ARM9LoaderHax, just FYI. Thanks

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Hello, quick and (hopefully) simple question. My N3DS is on 9.2 sysnand and (i'm 90% sure) the same version of emunand. I have the latest ReiNAND version (on my computer) and 3DNUS for getting the official N3DS firmware stuffs. So, which is the latest 'safe' firmware version to update emunand to, and in which order do I install them in in order to avoid screwing up my N3DS? As you can tell, i'm a wee bit distrustful of my own judgement/knowledge in this regard. Also, I have no interest in installing ARM9LoaderHax, just FYI. Thanks
The newest fw is safest for emunand. Just got into system settings while in your emunand and select system update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu