• Replies 53,770
  • Likes 43

kromlech06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are these directions accurate when describing a way to unlink NNID from the Sysnand but keeping it on Emunand, and not risking the loss of any CIAs installed on the Emunand?
  • Turn off the 3DS.
  • Remove the SD Card.
  • Boot into sysNAND.
  • Open settings.
  • Go to other settings, page four.
  • Choose "FORMAT SYSTEM MEMORY". It will ask for internet, but it won't update.
  • Turn off System after reboot.
  • Reinsert SD Card.
  • Reinstall Homebrew on 9.2 Sysnand.

And also, having Menuhax on the Emunand is pointless, right? If I assign a new official theme inside Emunand, will that disable it, but leave it on the Sysnand?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are these directions accurate when describing a way to unlink NNID from the Sysnand but keeping it on Emunand, and not risking the loss of any CIAs installed on the Emunand?
  • Turn off the 3DS.
  • Remove the SD Card.
  • Boot into sysNAND.
  • Open settings.
  • Go to other settings, page four.
  • Choose "FORMAT SYSTEM MEMORY". It will ask for internet, but it won't update.
  • Turn off System after reboot.
  • Reinsert SD Card.
  • Reinstall Homebrew on 9.2 Sysnand.

And also, having Menuhax on the Emunand is pointless, right? If I assign a new official theme inside Emunand, will that disable it, but leave it on the Sysnand?

You will most likely get an error if you do this, you need to do extra stuff to fix that error.

If you have Emunand unlinked from Sysnand, you can have any theme you want on emunand.

Last edited by thedude28,

Man_Hunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm still new in here. My O3DS still at 9.0.0-20U firmware. What should i do if i want to CFW my 3DS? On other thread only mention to downgrade to 9.2, there is no guide to upgrade to 9.2.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still new in here. My O3DS still at 9.0.0-20U firmware. What should i do if i want to CFW my 3DS? On other thread only mention to downgrade to 9.2, there is no guide to upgrade to 9.2.

If you're on 9.0 you can get CFW without having to upgrade to 9.2.

excalibrax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I just turned back on my 3ds for Paper Jam and have been a little lost in the community, I have an o3DS sys 4.10-8u and emunand 9.8.0-25u with gateway.

I am unable to launch Paper Jam, I would guess I need to update to 10.x but know I shouldn't update natively the emunand. What is the best way to go about upgrading to a supported FW, Is 10.5 unsuported by gateway?

kromlech06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will most likely get an error if you do this, you need to do extra stuff to fix that error.

If you have Emunand unlinked from Sysnand, you can have any theme you want on emunand.
They are currently linked. I'm worried if I do it the normal way, the first time booting the SYSnand will erase all the illegitimate CIAs and their saved files before I can unlink them. Is there no way to avoid this besides making backup of all the emunand saves I wish to keep?

I've been using menuhax to avoid booting the Sysnand so far, but then when trying to boot the Emunand I need to hold a button so the Emunand doesn't try loading menuhax as well. It's a bit of a mess, so I was wondering if I could unlink them without loosing all my Emunand CIAs and their data, or doing unreliable nand/save injections.

This is a 9.2/10.5 O3DS with RXtools, btw. I wonder if I'm better off just leaving it like this.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The normal way? For what?

If you boot into Sysnand, nothing will happen to your CIAs, as it and emunand use the same folder. (Basically what this means is, whatever you have on emunand will show up on Sysnand).

You can unlink them without losing anything, but you'd have to do more than just a simple unlink.

If you think you can't handle it (which you should, as long as you follow instructions to the point you should be good), then leave it be.

kromlech06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The normal way? For what?

If you boot into Sysnand, nothing will happen to your CIAs, as it and emunand use the same folder. (Basically what this means is, whatever you have on emunand will show up on Sysnand).

You can unlink them without losing anything, but you'd have to do more than just a simple unlink.

If you think you can't handle it (which you should, as long as you follow instructions to the point you should be good), then leave it be.
Oh, from my googling I had found tutorials warning about booting up the sysnand's home menu if you left it linked, as it would remove all the CIAs it couldn't recognize as legitimate. I hope that was wrong/not applicable/outdated.

By "normal way" I mean booting sysnand and leaving the SD card in the 3ds up until the last confirmation for the formatting, which is different from the directions I had asked about above where the SD card is absent for the sysnand's bootup.
I am unaware of a more complicated method of unlinking NNIDs, or of the errors you say I might encounter.

Is there some keyword I can google about this more complicated unlinking method you mentioned? I don't even know where to start looking for a 3rd method. The first being what I described in a previous post, the 2nd being what a normal google search will uncover, like this YT video.

Again, thanks for your (and all of GBAtemp's) help. I appreciate it immensely.

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a new3DS XL second hand. It's supposed to be running 9.2U (and does seem to be). I want to install FBI on SysNAND before I dump it for EmuNAND. What I've done is used Browserhax to Install Menuhax, then used Menuhax to boot Cakes (latest nightly with signatures disabled) / Pasta (with default settings) then I use Browserhax to launch Homebrew Menu and from there I load the FBI 3dsx but when I go to install the FBI CIA I get Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7) and Description: DESCIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE(0x6a) . Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong / is going wrong ?

Thanks.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, from my googling I had found tutorials warning about booting up the sysnand's home menu if you left it linked, as it would remove all the CIAs it couldn't recognize as legitimate. I hope that was wrong/not applicable/outdated.

By "normal way" I mean booting sysnand and leaving the SD card in the 3ds up until the last confirmation for the formatting, which is different from the directions I had asked about above where the SD card is absent for the sysnand's bootup.
I am unaware of a more complicated method of unlinking NNIDs, or of the errors you say I might encounter.

Is there some keyword I can google about this more complicated unlinking method you mentioned? I don't even know where to start looking for a 3rd method. The first being what I described in a previous post, the 2nd being what a normal google search will uncover, like this YT video.

Again, thanks for your (and all of GBAtemp's) help. I appreciate it immensely.

It's actually not complicated, just more work if you have purchases tied to your eShop like I do for both my 3DS.

You can do the normal way, but then if you try accessing the eShop from Emunand, you will 99% get error 022-2634.

There should be plenty of threads out there describing this problem, and I'm pretty sure there are solutions in some of them. If you want I can explain what to do here.

kromlech06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want I can explain what to do here.
I would love that, honestly. I found the tutorial by ckeel12201 just fine from the error code, but he mentions gateway stuff, which I assume is either outdated or doesn't apply to me if I can use Emunand9 instead. I also found this on reddit but it mentions a desktop restore tool which is totally the first time I've heard of such a thing, so I'm wary to attempt it.

Directions starting from the top would be amazing.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would love that, honestly. I found the tutorial by ckeel12201 just fine from the error code, but he mentions gateway stuff, which I assume is either outdated or doesn't apply to me if I can use Emunand9 instead. I also found this on reddit but it mentions a desktop restore tool which is totally the first time I've heard of such a thing, so I'm wary to attempt it.

Directions starting from the top would be amazing.

Actually if you look right under that post you sent me that is exactly how I did it.

If you really need specific steps, just let me know.

Btw the Gateway stuff is still valid as it can give you access to Gateway menu, even without the flashcards itself.

technomooney

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
i am not able to see any info regarding the supercard ds2+ in terms of the sysnand version requirements... and i am wanting to get a SCDS2+ but i have heard that the gateway plugin has a tendancy to break 3ds consoles... also i dont know if i can even use it on my N3ds which is still on 10.3.0-28U because i dont want to loose the ability to use custom themes... so i am wanting find a card to allow me to launch my old DS roms and dump my 3DS games so i dont have to carry them all with me all the time.... any info on the ability to get all the features on my n3ds to work and not have to loose the custom theme usability i would appreciate it...

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a few questions:

My friends and I have several o3DS systems we want to put CFW on, with sysNANDs on 3.0, 4.3, 4.5, 6.0, 7.1, and 9.2.

From what I understand, 9.2 is the best sysNAND for o3DS to be on right now. So I need to update the systems on 3.0, 4.3, 4.5, 6.0, and 7.1.

Or do I? Not too long ago, 4.3/4.5 was the best sysNAND to be on. Is there any advantage to keeping sysNAND on 4.3/4.5, instead of updating it to 9.2?

I'm guessing that 9.2 sysNAND is better for CFW users, but what about Gateway users? The DS Profile exploit doesn't work past 4.5, does it? What's the new exploit? Does it require an internet connection? I have a Gateway, which I'd like to keep using with my o3DS XL, but I don't want to update to 9.2 if it means I'll need to be connected to the internet to use the Gateway.

I read that it's possible to use both Gateway and rxTools on the same 3DS. How does that work? Does rxTools work like Gateway does? IIRC, they can't be used at the same time, but they can both be present on the SD card...? How do you pick which one to use? How do you switch to the other one?

Are Gateway NAND backups and CFW NAND backups interchangeable, or must you restore a NAND backup via the same method you used to back it up?

Is it possible to boot straight into Gateway mode, or is coldbooting into exploited FW exclusive to CFW? That requires Menuhax, right? And Menuhax requires 9.2...?

Is the two SD Card Method still a good idea, or is it unnecessary? It allows one to have a linked emuNAND on one SD card, and an unlinked emuNAND on another SD card. It used to be recommended to use this setup, playing illegitimate stuff on the unlinked emuNAND, and using the linked emuNAND for eShop access, decryption, legit online games, etc.

How are GBA games affected by your NANDs being linked or unlinked?

In linked NANDs, do you still lose all your DLC and themes if you access Data Management?

To get unlinked NANDs, is it better to format sysNAND or emuNAND?

How do I play my retail cards online via emuNAND? I don't want to lose my saves...

Is it still impossible to backup a Smash 3DS retail card save, in a way that it can be restored to the original card later? Can retail card save data be edited the same way that .cia save data can be?

What was it about saves getting erased past a certain firmware because of new encryption...? Does this only affect Gateway/.3ds users, and not CFW/.cia users?

My friend with the solid Black o3DS XL on 6.0.0-11U would like to know if there's a way to get her old AceKard 2i to work with it, too.

Thanks for any assistance!

Last edited by Smash Br0,
Reactions: bigusheadus

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please tell me how do I backup my NAND bfore installing a CFW. I am on 9.2 o3ds
---TUTORIAL---
1) Download the Launcher.dat ( http://www.gateway-3ds.com/downloads/ )
2) Place both of those files on the root of your SD Card.
3) Put your SD Card into your Nintendo 3DS.
4) Go to the Internet Browser app on your 3DS.
5) Click "URL" and put in " http://go.gateway-3ds.com/ " without the quotes.
6) Wait a couple seconds for the Gateway screen to show up on.
7) Click the "Backup System NAND" button. This will be your lifesaver if anything goes wrong.
8) Wait for it to finish. This will take a while. Plug in your charger to prevent undesired powering off of your 3DS.

http://www.gateway-3ds.com/downloads/ Just download the first link you see on that site. Launcher.dat is all you should care about. Once you get your nand.bin(you'll get it after your nand backup), put it on your PC in a safe place.

Last edited by Viri,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo