• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

AtelierMari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wish I knew this thread was here earlier.

I'm on 10.3 and can't access the eshop anymore with the HBL. I'm pretty tech illiterate which is why I was able to get browserhax and menuhax working but I'm not sure how much more I could do.. are there any easy fixes for this?

Or alternatively, I have another 3DS that can be updated to the newest firmware, can I plug my SD card into that and download the updates, or will that mean I can't use HBL again when I put the SD Card back in my 3DS?

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a few questions:

My friends and I have several o3DS systems we want to put CFW on, with sysNANDs on 3.0, 4.3, 4.5, 6.0, 7.1, and 9.2.

From what I understand, 9.2 is the best sysNAND for o3DS to be on right now. So I need to update the systems on 3.0, 4.3, 4.5, 6.0, and 7.1.

Or do I? Not too long ago, 4.3/4.5 was the best sysNAND to be on. Is there any advantage to keeping sysNAND on 4.3/4.5, instead of updating it to 9.2?

I'm guessing that 9.2 sysNAND is better for CFW users, but what about Gateway users? The DS Profile exploit doesn't work past 4.5, does it? What's the new exploit? Does it require an internet connection? I have a Gateway, which I'd like to keep using with my o3DS XL, but I don't want to update to 9.2 if it means I'll need to be connected to the internet to use the Gateway.

I read that it's possible to use both Gateway and rxTools on the same 3DS. How does that work? Does rxTools work like Gateway does? IIRC, they can't be used at the same time, but they can both be present on the SD card...? How do you pick which one to use? How do you switch to the other one?

Are Gateway NAND backups and CFW NAND backups interchangeable, or must you restore a NAND backup via the same method you used to back it up?

Is it possible to boot straight into Gateway mode, or is coldbooting into exploited FW exclusive to CFW? That requires Menuhax, right? And Menuhax requires 9.2...?

Is the two SD Card Method still a good idea, or is it unnecessary? It allows one to have a linked emuNAND on one SD card, and an unlinked emuNAND on another SD card. It used to be recommended to use this setup, playing illegitimate stuff on the unlinked emuNAND, and using the linked emuNAND for eShop access, decryption, legit online games, etc.

How are GBA games affected by your NANDs being linked or unlinked?

In linked NANDs, do you still lose all your DLC and themes if you access Data Management?

To get unlinked NANDs, is it better to format sysNAND or emuNAND?

How do I play my retail cards online via emuNAND? I don't want to lose my saves...

Is it still impossible to backup a Smash 3DS retail card save, in a way that it can be restored to the original card later? Can retail card save data be edited the same way that .cia save data can be?

What was it about saves getting erased past a certain firmware because of new encryption...? Does this only affect Gateway/.3ds users, and not CFW/.cia users?

My friend with the solid Black o3DS XL on 6.0.0-11U would like to know if there's a way to get her old AceKard 2i to work with it, too.

Thanks for any assistance!
9.2 is the best firmware period. 9.2 has menuhax, which will allow you to cold boot into rxTools.

rxTools is a CFW, it allows you to run unsigned CIAs.

If you keep your nands unlinked, and wanna play GBA games, you just have to install the GBA cias on your sysnand and emunand.

You can play your games online with emunand, and with your game carts. As for the save backup, I have no idea, someone else will have to answer that one.

Basically, what you wanna do now is start on getting rxTools working.

Reactions: bigusheadus

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I knew this thread was here earlier.

I'm on 10.3 and can't access the eshop anymore with the HBL. I'm pretty tech illiterate which is why I was able to get browserhax and menuhax working but I'm not sure how much more I could do.. are there any easy fixes for this?

Or alternatively, I have another 3DS that can be updated to the newest firmware, can I plug my SD card into that and download the updates, or will that mean I can't use HBL again when I put the SD Card back in my 3DS?
You could always downgrade your 3DS to 9.2, get emunand, and then install rxTools and update your emunand to 10.5 for eShop + piracy.

AtelierMari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Like I said I'm pretty bad with this tech stuff so I'm not confident I could do it properly, on top of that my SD card is nowhere near big enough to downgrade from what I've heard :(

So there's no way I can update my games on another 3DS and then put them back on mine?

Oh well I guess I'll cross this bridge if they release anymore ORAS updates or a new main Pokemon game >_<

rigby1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi , I have a quick question .

Im trying to install browser hax in order to install menu hax .

Every time i try to load it the small bar comes up on the touchscreen so i click that , then i get a yellow screen and then an error occurred .

Then the 3ds reverts back to the home menu .

Im on Sysnand 7.2e and Emunand 10.4e . Thanks in advance

Do i possibly need to update emunand to 10.5e the new update in order for it to run? Thanks

E2A: ok looks like i cant run browser/slider hax on 7.2 so how hard is it to update to 9.0 -9.2? Any help would be great

Last edited by rigby1987,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi , I have a quick question .

Im trying to install browser hax in order to install menu hax .

Every time i try to load it the small bar comes up on the touchscreen so i click that , then i get a yellow screen and then an error occurred .

Then the 3ds reverts back to the home menu .

Im on Sysnand 7.2e and Emunand 10.4e . Thanks in advance

Do i possibly need to update emunand to 10.5e the new update in order for it to run? Thanks

E2A: ok looks like i cant run browser/slider hax on 7.2 so how hard is it to update to 9.0 -9.2? Any help would be great
To update to 9.2, do the following:

1. Download the 9.2.0-20 update cias from "some iso site."

2. Set up either one of the rxTools 3 beta builds, or Pasta CFW.

3. Download SysUpdater.

4. Create a folder called "updates" on the root of your SD card without the quotes. Place all of the 9.2 update cias inside this folder.

5. Place the SysUpdater cia on the root of your SD card.

6. Boot into Pasta CFW or rxTools' devmode/pasta mode. To access rxTools' devmode/pasta mode, hold L while booting rxTools (R on some older versions of rxTools), go to advanced options and select boot devmode/pasta mode. If you boot into sysNAND, you have booted devmode/pasta mode successfully.

7. Install the SysUpdater cia and launch SysUpdater.

8. On SysUpdater press A to install the updates. Once it finishes your 3DS will reboot. IMPORTANT: You MUST be on either rxTools' devmode/pasta mode or Pasta CFW to use SysUpdater! Otherwise you will brick your 3DS!

9. Check your system settings. You should now be on 9.2.0-20!

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,
Reactions: rigby1987

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys,

I have two o3DS one normal and another XL. Both have CFW with sysNAN 9.2 and emuNAND 10.5 (RxTools)

Now i want to move all information from my normal o3DS to my o3DSXL... how can do this? :(

Thanks

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I would like some help please! :)

Here's the question:

How would I go about using an EU save on a USA version of the game?

Thanks in advance! :D

bigusheadus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Here's the question:

Hopefully someone will come up with an answer but for me I had to bite the bullet and lose all my pokemon :cry:

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i want to ask something
is rxtools (latest nightly) compatible with n3ds?

Yes but if your Emunand is higher than 9.5 then any version of RxTools will not work with it at all.

Ty bro.
Is it possible only on 10.3 or 10.4?

It's possible on 10.3 and below.

Here's the question:

Hopefully someone will come up with an answer but for me I had to bite the bullet and lose all my pokemon :cry:

You most likely can't do that.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a few questions: . . .

Thanks for any assistance!
it seams like every time i come to this thread you are on the latest page
so . . .
Is there any advantage to keeping sysNAND on 4.3/4.5, instead of updating it to 9.2?
none
but what about Gateway users? The DS Profile exploit doesn't work past 4.5, does it? What's the new exploit? Does it require an internet connection?
the mset (ds profile hack can be achieved on any fw 4.0-9.2 by (installing) a single cia in sysnand to downgrade the mset to an exploitable version
I read that it's possible to use both Gateway and rxTools on the same 3DS. How does that work? Does rxTools work like Gateway does? IIRC, they can't be used at the same time, but they can both be present on the SD card...? How do you pick which one to use? How do you switch to the other one?
. . . you boot the console menuhax triggers instead of the hbc booting you boot a menu that lets you select any boot.3dsx you have (used to trigger cfw's )

Are Gateway NAND backups and CFW NAND backups interchangeable,
yes

Is it possible to boot straight into Gateway mode, or is coldbooting into exploited FW exclusive to CFW? That requires Menuhax, right? And Menuhax requires 9.2...?
gateway uses its own cfw to run and that can be booted in this way as well & yes you need menuhax for this hence why 9.2 is better not only can you keep mset but you get an amazing way to boot into cfw (optionally & optimally without pressing anything but the power button)

Is the two SD Card Method still a good idea, or is it unnecessary? It allows one to have a linked emuNAND on one SD card, and an unlinked emuNAND on another SD card. It used to be recommended to use this setup, playing illegitimate stuff on the unlinked emuNAND, and using the linked emuNAND for eShop access, decryption, legit online games, etc.
sounds like someone's lame fear talking to me . . . the whole concept of a second emunand as a safety feature . . . if nintendo banned your unlinked (single sd card setup) emunand all you would need to do is recreate emunand and your playing again . . . this would not change if using 2 sd cards unlinking nands is the important part
(more important getting banned generally happen for one of two reasons 1. stealing in-app from a nintendo owned game 2. stealing the game itself . . . a installed cia is treated as an eshop game the console (your 3ds does not know the difference . . . and as long as its from/available in your region nintendo cant tell either . . . .but i used nintendo badge arcade for months before the us release and was never banned however there are people who claim to be banned (on a by game basis) for using translated out of region cias/roms online (monster hunter x))

How are GBA games affected by your NANDs being linked or unlinked?
you can install a gba.cia to emunand or systmnand and play from any nand (with linked nands)

but on unlinked nands you will need to install the gba.cia to sysnand to boot it from sysnand
or to both nands to boot it from emunand

In linked NANDs, do you still lose all your DLC and themes if you access Data Management?
in linked nands yes
but not with unlinked nands

To get unlinked NANDs, is it better to format sysNAND or emuNAND?
sysnand but rember to backup the sysnand and read the guide you are using carefully

How do I play my retail cards online via emuNAND? I don't want to lose my saves...
. . . lol is this a question? . . . you insert the gamecard and play it (i only own 3 but i never had a problem with them)

Is it still impossible to backup a Smash 3DS retail card save, in a way that it can be restored to the original card later?
i have no idea . . . google it

Can retail card save data be edited the same way that .cia save data can be?
yes

What was it about saves getting erased past a certain firmware because of new encryption...? Does this only affect Gateway/.3ds users, and not CFW/.cia users?
. . . your pulling my leg here if it was/is a problem i have never heard of it . . . (can you explain what you are referring to?) . . . a cia file will be treated as a eshop game by the system once installed . . . i hope that helps

My friend with the solid Black o3DS XL on 6.0.0-11U would like to know if there's a way to get her old AceKard 2i to work with it, too.
and yes on n3ds and o3ds you can install an older version of the whitelist this will let most once useable now blocked ds flashcards work again

the ak2i however is a special case you will need to install whitelist and twl-firm (two whole files)

Last edited by wormdood,

rigby1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To update to 9.2, do the following:

1. Download the 9.2.0-20 update cias from "some iso site."

2. Set up either one of the rxTools 3 beta builds, or Pasta CFW.

3. Download SysUpdater.

4. Create a folder called "updates" on the root of your SD card without the quotes. Place all of the 9.2 update cias inside this folder.

5. Place the SysUpdater cia on the root of your SD card.

6. Boot into Pasta CFW or rxTools' devmode/pasta mode. To access rxTools' devmode/pasta mode, hold L while booting rxTools (R on some older versions of rxTools), go to advanced options and select boot devmode/pasta mode. If you boot into sysNAND, you have booted devmode/pasta mode successfully.

7. Install the SysUpdater cia and launch SysUpdater.

8. On SysUpdater press A to install the updates. Once it finishes your 3DS will reboot. IMPORTANT: You MUST be on either rxTools' devmode/pasta mode or Pasta CFW to use SysUpdater! Otherwise you will brick your 3DS!

9. Check your system settings. You should now be on 9.2.0-20!

Thanks alot for the help it means alot .

So i have rxtools installed it is one with pasta as shown in the pictures ive added.

Picture_203.jpg

Picture_204.jpg

When i boot into dev mode ive gone to the settings screen to see it is in sysnand . So this is definitely the right environment i need to be in ? and i just follow the other steps? to upgraded sys to 9.2?

Just to be 100% so i dont brick , Thanks again for the help

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks alot for the help it means alot .

So i have rxtools installed it is one with pasta as shown in the pictures ive added.

Picture_203.jpg

Picture_204.jpg

When i boot into dev mode ive gone to the settings screen to see it is in sysnand . So this is definitely the right environment i need to be in ? and i just follow the other steps? to upgraded sys to 9.2?

Just to be 100% so i dont brick , Thanks again for the help
just remember when you exit settings you are back in real fw you need to enter devmode again

rigby1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just remember when you exit settings you are back in real fw you need to enter devmode again

Thanks for the heads up . When i download the sysupdater where do all the files go on the SD? do i need them all ? I cant seem to find the sysupdater.cia?

sysupdate.jpg

Cheers

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up . When i download the sysupdater where do all the files go on the SD? do i need them all ? I cant seem to find the sysupdater.cia?

sysupdate.jpg

Cheers
i have no idea where you got the link . . . . . . . . . umm here use the sysupdater found in this quote . . . shit use this whole quote
How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2
If you want to boot rxTools as soon as you turn on your 3DS, then you need to set-up Menuhax; and to use Menuhax, you need to be on 9.0 - 9.2 firmware.
Warning: This can brick your 3DS if done incorrectly! Be sure that you follow the instructions carefully!

Requirements:
  • BigBlueMenu installed in sysnand (Section 4 if you don't have Gateway or Ninjhax) OR any other cia installer on Sysnand.
  • A rxTools 3.0 nightly (preferably the one linked in Section 1)
Let's get started.
  1. See AidanLumina's tweet here and click Files for downgrade/manual update.
  2. Download one of the O3DS 9.2 packs
  3. Picture
    h535.png
  4. Once downloaded, open the archive and find the "updates" folder; place it on your SD card. There should be many cia files in that folder.
    • Example: SD:/updates/0004013000008003.cia
  5. Download Sysupdater
  6. Open the archive and put sysUpdater.cia on your SD card
  7. Insert your SD card in your 3DS
  8. Hold L while launching rxTools to get into the rxTools menu. If using rxTools 2.5.2, hold R instead.
  9. Press DPAD RIGHT until you highlight ADVANCED OPTIONS, then press A. Skip this step if using rxTools 2.5.2
  10. Go down to DEVMODE or PASTA MODE and press A
  11. After a few seconds, you should now be in sysnand; firmware spoofing is disabled but cias can still be launched in this mode.
  12. Launch you CIA installer
  13. Install sysUpdater.cia (Destination: SD if using FBI)
  14. Once installed, press HOME to see sysUpdater wrapped as a gift; unwrap it.
  15. Launch sysUpdater
  16. sysUpdater will ask you if you are sure you want to go ahead with the update; choose to accept it.
    • It will also tell you that you shouldn't be in Gateway mode, or have firmware spoofing. Do not worry about this, DEVMODE / PASTA MODE has no firmware spoofing, so sysUpdater will work as intended. Just be absolutely sure you are in DEVMODE / PASTA MODE (line 13), not RXMODE SYSNAND!
  17. Wait for sysUpdater to finish. When it is done, your 3DS will reboot into 9.0 or 9.2 firmware! You can now follow the steps to use Menuhax if you'd like.
If you can't find the 9.2 pack in AidanLumina's MEGA folder
  1. Click HERE
  2. Click the CIA Format DLC's, Themes & Updates [Archive] result
  3. Click View Full Version : CIA Format DLC's, Themes & Updates at the top of the page
  4. Find the thread titled [MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)
  5. Scroll down to the section titled Updates
  6. Download either the 9.2 modified update pack for your region, or a 9.0 or 9.2 Full Update Pack for you region
taken from this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)

Reactions: samiam144

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.