YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
need help regarding coldboot to reinand. i already have menuhax set to type 2

here's how it goes
Boot while holding L -> Boots to Sysnand
Boot while holding L -> Boots to CTRBootManager -> AutoBoots to Reinand after a few seconds then freezes
Boot while holding L -> Boots to CTRBootManager -> Hold L before it AutoBoot to Reinand -> Boots to emunand succesfully

need a way to boot directly to Emunand without pressing anything
What happens if you don't press anything?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
need help regarding coldboot to reinand. i already have menuhax set to type 2

here's how it goes
Boot while holding L -> Boots to CTRBootManager -> AutoBoots to Reinand after a few seconds then freezes
Boot while holding L -> Boots to CTRBootManager -> Hold L before it AutoBoot to Reinand -> Boots to emunand succesfully

If it's type 2 you shouldn't be pressing anything anyways.

Noob questions regarding CIA & Cryptofixed
1) Are the CIA game done so in the eshop format, and physical dump are something else?
2) Are Cryptofixed games only need for firmware below 9.6? So If I update to latest, I don't need Cryptofixed stuff anymore?
3) What the problem with SVDT and 9.6 that requires one to need SDF? I been hearing problems about AC:HHD and LoZ:TH on that aspect. But I know a cart with LoZ:TH works fine with SVDT, so not sure if the problem I been hearing is the eshop/CIA problem

Note, I am N3DS atm, too lazy to update emunand past 9.5 (as I have to open back cover to do back up again)
More or less asking since I saw some thread in the homebrew section asking for tester on eshop 9.6 stuff

1. Yes, they are.
2. Yes, I'm pretty sure you don't any more. (haven't tested cuz I'm still occupied with Fire Emblem)
3. No idea, again I've never had the need to use SVDT and I have been using SDF with Rhythm Tengoku: The Best + for those perfect runs.

Reactions: YyAoMmIi

veatbreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens if you don't press anything?
sorry clarification

here's how it goes
Boot w/o holding L -> Boots to CTRBootManager -> AutoBoots to Reinand after a few seconds then freezes
Boot w/o holding L -> Boots to CTRBootManager -> Hold L before it AutoBoot to Reinand -> Boots to emunand succesfully

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry clarification

here's how it goes
Boot w/o holding L -> Boots to CTRBootManager -> AutoBoots to Reinand after a few seconds then freezes
Boot w/o holding L -> Boots to CTRBootManager -> Hold L before it AutoBoot to Reinand -> Boots to emunand succesfully

There is no way to boot into Emunand directly. CTRBootManager is the best it's gonna get for now.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something wrong with this step. I use Rxtools, but should be same.
how many times have you tried without holding L?
could be boot rate not 100%?

3. No idea, again I've never had the need to use SVDT and I have been using SDF with Rhythm Tengoku: The Best + for those perfect runs.
Thanks for your explaination.
I prefer SVDT since it easier for the eyes.

Last edited by YyAoMmIi,

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any ideas what I should check that is causing frequent black/grey screens when booting into emuNAND 10.5 via ReiNand? I'd say about half the time I do a fresh boot of my system, I'll see the discolored top screen, then grey screen at the bottom and the system hangs. Other times it'll go beyond this to where both screens are black and then hang there. When it boots fine, it works perfectly, just these occasional hangs which is throwing me off.

I'm using BootCtr 1.6 if it matters.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any ideas what I should check that is causing frequent black/grey screens when booting into emuNAND 10.5 via ReiNand? I'd say about half the time I do a fresh boot of my system, I'll see the discolored top screen, then grey screen at the bottom and the system hangs. Other times it'll go beyond this to where both screens are black and then hang there. When it boots fine, it works perfectly, just these occasional hangs which is throwing me off.

I'm using BootCtr 1.6 if it matters.

It's not a 100% bootrate.

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a 100% bootrate.
Ah okay, it just seems like it's gotten a lot worse since I went to 10.5, or it's just gradually hanging more and more often. So what I described happens to most people? If so, maybe I'll make it a point to simply leave my system in sleep mode instead of always turning it off.

fasax

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi guys I got my OLD 3ds ver 10.1.0-27E but when i tried to use the browserhax it said I needed to update. I read that this was an update snag. So I was wondering if tehre is any way to get to the homebrew launcher or should I just give up and update.

Got OoT and Smash no idea if they are useful to do something.

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From what I read, I think they locked out everyone on 10.3.
looks like its possible to access eshop on 10.3 then
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-reddit-accessing-eshop-on-older-firmwares-new-version.412397/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi guys I got my OLD 3ds ver 10.1.0-27E but when i tried to use the browserhax it said I needed to update. I read that this was an update snag. So I was wondering if tehre is any way to get to the homebrew launcher or should I just give up and update.

Got OoT and Smash no idea if they are useful to do something.
get a save dongle to write the payload on oot to access homebrew launcher but you cannot have your save file on it at the same time

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a N3DS 10.1 hacked and am trying to use *hax on my O3DS 9.9.
Browerhax method is out of the picture because I have the update nag.
I have OoT3D, but don't have a Powersave.

My question is: Since I have two DS's, Can I use my N3DS under Menuhax to help me hack my O3DS?

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 6.2 on a brand new Mario & Luigi bundle 3DS. Where do I go from here? Do I upgrade to 9.0 or start installing stuff on 6.2? I hear I can't use MenuHax without 9.0. What's the easiest way to start installing .cia files?

Last edited by gameking66,

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah okay, it just seems like it's gotten a lot worse since I went to 10.5, or it's just gradually hanging more and more often. So what I described happens to most people? If so, maybe I'll make it a point to simply leave my system in sleep mode instead of always turning it off.

You mean the not 100% bootrate? That happens to everybody. Some are just more lucky than others with their boots.

Reactions: Kadin

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 6.2 on a brand new Mario & Luigi bundle 3DS. Where do I go from here? Do I upgrade to 9.0 or start installing stuff on 6.2? I hear I can't use MenuHax without 9.0. What's the easiest way to start installing .cia files?
To get started, there's a tutorial to set up rxTools here.

After you've set up rxTools, you can decide whether or not you want to update your sysNAND to 9.2 for Menuhax.

If you do want to update sysNAND to 9.2, you'll need to grab SysUpdater and the 9.2.0-20 update cias from "some iso site."

You'll need to boot into rxTools' devmode/pasta mode and use SysUpdater to update. You MUST use rxTools' devmode/pasta mode or Pasta CFW to use SysUpdater! Otherwise you will brick your 3DS!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.