• Replies 53,771
  • Likes 43

wawnord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've read a few tutorials etc pp for now and i'm getting confused what i have to choose.

My Sytem: O3DSxl with OFW 4.3 and Gateway with Emunand 10.3.
I want to setup a CFW for GB/GBA/NDS Titels (maybe Eshop DLCs) and directboot in Emunand , but dont want to update my Sysnand.
What possibilities do i have? Which CFW should i choose?

If its important, i've a Zelda oot Catridge.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: wawnord

wawnord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for helping. how do i run GB/GBA/NDS roms, which dont come from eshop... is there some kind of emulator?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for helping. how do i run GB/GBA/NDS roms, which dont come from eshop... is there some kind of emulator?
you can get gba/gb(c)/sega/nes/dsiware/3dsware/(and i think game gear) roms in .cia format on that iso site
gb(c)/sega/nes/gg/3dsware .cias can be installed to emunand and played like any virtual console game
gba .cias must be installed to sysnand (destination sd)
dsiware .cias must be installed to sysnand (destination nand)
for .nds roms you need a ds flashcard

wawnord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok thanks for clearing me up. 2 last question.
Installing rxtools formats my Emunand, i'm right?
Is it possible to deinstall the cfw and go back to OFW?

ah btw: If i want to autoboot in emunand i have to update to 9.2 , but then i will cant use DS my DS Flashcard. If i want to use my DS Flashcard( Gateway BLuecard) i cant setup autoboot in emunand.?!?!

Last edited by wawnord,

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey,

When i try to use the option "Purchased themes" i get the following error code: 009-4998.

I can use the eshop normally no probs at all, just with that option.

I am running 10.5 reinand 3.2 cfw.

Any ideas?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing rxtools formats my Emunand, i'm right?
no you have a gateway emunand . . . rxtools uses the same emunand
Is it possible to deinstall the cfw and go back to OFW?
rxtools itself is just a folder on your sd card that loads the fw with patches . . . if you remove the folder from your sd card then you also remove rxtools

btw . . . your gateway card has/uses/needs its own cfw to work (gateway mode) so removing rxtools (alone) wont truly leave you in ofw

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: wawnord

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have one question. I have two downgraded systems (2DS and O3DSXL), both have Emunand configured, and I want to perform a system transfer from 2DS to O3DSXL.
How I can do it, just performing a normal system transfer through System Settings? Or I need something else?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one question. I have two downgraded systems (2DS and O3DSXL), both have Emunand configured, and I want to perform a system transfer from 2DS to O3DSXL.
How I can do it, just performing a normal system transfer through System Settings? Or I need something else?
if both emunands are 10.5 then you are good for a emunand to emunand transfer . . . if thats not what you meant then please elaborate

Reactions: KaleoOmega

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if both emunands are 10.5 then you are good for a emunand to emunand transfer . . . if thats not what you meant then please elaborate

Exactly that, just performing an emunand to emunand transfer. Thanks for the clarification, will do that later :)

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
How do I make the beacon for smashbroshax? My N3ds is on 9.9 and can't use browserhax because it always prompts me to update, or if I use DNS settings it says the internet can't be used at this time. My smashbros cart doesn't show the version number on the title screen so I assume its the lowest version. I downloaded Acrylic Wifi home (free version) that lets me get into wifi monitor mode i think.

There is a detailed tuto on gbatemp, though that one does only work for linux distros and it is unlikely to work for anything else.

TayTayTheKiller

Forever noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Noon question
I just got my 3ds up and running with emunand and dsiware looks like a total pain to install and use so can I just buy a DSTWO cart and play ds games that way using my 10.5 emunand?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noon question
I just got my 3ds up and running with emunand and dsiware looks like a total pain to install and use so can I just buy a DSTWO cart and play ds games that way using my 10.5 emunand?
dsiware and ds roms are two very different things
you can go with your plan and play ds roms . . . but unless you install dsiware as a cia you will not be able to play dsiware (to make cia installation easier use bbm . . . it automatically selects the sd or nand destination accordingly)

TayTayTheKiller

Forever noob
Trophies
XP
Country
dsiware and ds roms are two very different things
you can go with your plan and play ds roms . . . but unless you install dsiware as a cia you will not be able to play dsiware (to make cia installation easier use bbm . . . it automatically selects the sd or nand destination accordingly)
Yeah I ment ds ROMs thanks for the reply I'm going to order a DSTWO

trsoares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There's is a chance to softbrick a 3DS updating from <9.2 (6.5, 4.5 etc) to 9.2?
What is the best way to do this? sysUpdater or there is any game with 9.2 inside? Thanks.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's is a chance to softbrick a 3DS updating from <9.2 (6.5, 4.5 etc) to 9.2?
What is the best way to do this? sysUpdater or there is any game with 9.2 inside? Thanks.
There's a chance to brick when updating if you're not careful.

The best way is to use Pasta CFW or rxTools' devmode/pasta mode and SysUpdater to update. You MUST use Pasta or rxTools' devmode/pastamode, otherwise you will brick your 3DS when using SysUpdater!

Reactions: trsoares

trsoares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There's a chance to brick when updating if you're not careful.

The best way is to use Pasta CFW or rxTools' devmode/pasta mode and SysUpdater to update. You MUST use Pasta or rxTools' devmode/pastamode, otherwise you will brick your 3DS when using SysUpdater!

Thanks!

I can't use a game with the 9.2FW "inside" to upgrade my FW without the risk of using sysUpdater?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob questions regarding CIA & Cryptofixed
1) Are the CIA game done so in the eshop format, and physical dump are something else?
2) Are Cryptofixed games only need for firmware below 9.6? So If I update to latest, I don't need Cryptofixed stuff anymore?
3) What the problem with SVDT and 9.6 that requires one to need SDF? I been hearing problems about AC:HHD and LoZ:TH on that aspect. But I know a cart with LoZ:TH works fine with SVDT, so not sure if the problem I been hearing is the eshop/CIA problem

Note, I am N3DS atm, too lazy to update emunand past 9.5 (as I have to open back cover to do back up again)
More or less asking since I saw some thread in the homebrew section asking for tester on eshop 9.6 stuff

veatbreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
need help regarding coldboot to reinand. i already have menuhax set to type 2

here's how it goes
Boot while holding L -> Boots to Sysnand
Boot while holding L -> Boots to CTRBootManager -> AutoBoots to Reinand after a few seconds then freezes
Boot while holding L -> Boots to CTRBootManager -> Hold L before it AutoBoot to Reinand -> Boots to emunand succesfully

need a way to boot directly to Emunand without pressing anything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.