My current setup us:

- Old 3DS
- Downgraded SysNAND 9.2
- EmuNand 10.3
- RxTools 3.0
- CTRMANAGER
- Menuhax 2.1 SysNAND

I have everything running well but

1. I cant load homebrew menu on my EmuNand, it just keeps going to CTRmanager. This tells me that I cant load homebrew stuff on emunand. Any tips?

2. Cant change themes on Emunand. I downloaded a theme and placed it in the menuhax folder. I installed it using menuhax but it only change my sysnand theme and not the emuNAND theme.

3. Everytime I load the sysnand I have to "unwrap" the games I have installed on emunand.

Any help is apreciated.

the gift thing is a result of having linked nands, though i'm not sure why your themes wouldn't be the same on both...

but as for getting into hbl from emunand, hold Y while starting the hbl cia from emunand. this creates a file with a name like this hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_OLD-10-3-0-28-EUR.bin on your sd root.
open this file with an editor and use textsearch for "boot.3dsx" and rename it like hbl8.3dsx
now, you gotta take the boot.3dsx file from the homebrew starterkit and rename it like hbl8.3dsx, put it on your sd root, save everything and then, hbl.cia from emunand should get you into hbl again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pressing Y at homemenu and downloading update data from eshop is basically the same thing, so it's no use. You should download update cias for needed region.

I have a question. Are there cia savedata managers other than savedatafiler?

the thing is, using the eshop, i can absolutely just download european files and updates. the game in question doesn't even have the update on european eshop. so i wonder if pressing Y would just access the right file from the start and if it was save to do so

as for savegames
not that i know off, but honestly, i still jsut use svdt from hbl. its much more comfortable for me to use than savedatafiler, even though you have to restart the console between uses when you're backing or reinjecting saves for digital games, as it somehow won't start properly twice in a row.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

NoWeeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I just installed RxTools 3.0 on my 9.2 3ds. I want to know how to get an Emunand for it. I'm a massive noob so if you can reply that would be great

Perska

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So I think I should refine my question a bit. So I have a game installed on my emuNAND. I wanted to take a screenshot, but I can't use Miiverse's screenshot album because the cia is not original (unmodified). So, then I tried to use homebrewz and use scrtool to get the screenshots. But it said they were corrupt. So is there a way to get either the images saved on Miiverse's offline data, or get screenshots in emuNAND with rxTools on a O3DS.

D

Deleted User

Can you install a legit CIA from another region and run it using the regionlock bypasser homebrew?

Amyrosie

I'm trying!! :-)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT : I found the solution. I updated my emunand to 10.3 and eveything works now. I could do this because I have a o3ds.

Hello everyone :)
I wish I could answer questions for you, but I'm a complete newbie! I'm kind of lost a little..

I have an issue with my setup, if someone could help, I'd be grateful. I think I messed up. My console still works and everything, but I think I installed more than one cfw...Is that even possible?

I started with Pasta, then RXTools. Everything was fine except I can't run EUR cias on my NA console (it loops or crashes) but US cias work perfectly. Then, I read somewhere here that maybe my console was missing a language plugin, and to install NTR CFW 3.1.

I'm completely confused! I did make copies of my nand, should I just import my backup and start over again? My console is on fw 9.2-20U. My emunand says RX-E 9.2.0-20U. I also installed MenuHax, FBI and ctrbootmgr .I'd like to be able to run EUR cias. I tried 2 so far and it does not work. Maybe it is a concidence?

I have an o3ds. Like, the smaller one!

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by Amyrosie,

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi, I planning to buy a n3ds, I have a gateway card, at this point, is necessary to have a cubic ninja or Zelda ocarina to install gateway in the 9.2 firm? or just with my gateway?

thanks!!

Linkoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a way - on emuNAND 9.5 - to download games from eShop while in sleepmode?
Also, is it possible to start eShop directly from the dashboard?

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Also, is it possible to start eShop directly from the dashboard?
I think HBL eshop spoofer is the only way to get in there.
I've tried to get in eshop on 9.5 emunand with nevest nver and multi patcher cia, and i could actually browse eshop, but i couldn't download anything because of error 007-2404.

PraxxtorCruel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey
I have an old 3DS which runs sysnand 10.1 firmware. Since the 10.4 update appears to be round the corner and that ive been reading 10.3 is hackable, should i bump it to 10.3 before it becomes no longer possible or have it remain at 10.1? Cheers guys.

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey
I have an old 3DS which runs sysnand 10.1 firmware. Since the 10.4 update appears to be round the corner and that ive been reading 10.3 is hackable, should i bump it to 10.3 before it becomes no longer possible or have it remain at 10.1? Cheers guys.
If you are planning to use sysupdater for downgrading - yes, you should, because there will be no difference at downgrading from 10.1 or 10.3.

Reactions: PraxxtorCruel

Linkoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think HBL eshop spoofer is the only way to get in there.
I've tried to get in eshop on 9.5 emunand with nevest nver and multi patcher cia, and i could actually browse eshop, but i couldn't download anything because of error 007-2404.

I got the same error while trying to access eShop, if you follow this guide, you may solve it.

blackmoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
O3ds running 9.2 SysNAND, RX-E 10.3.0-28E EmuNAND. Themehax rxtools autoboot.

I just bought a 7.1 O3DS XL. Was planning on first gateway hax it, format emunand->rxtools->install fbi health safety->unlink NANDS. Then make a copy of my older o3ds which has 17 games. Can I copy it's emunand and Inject/copy it (with content) to the new 03ds XL? Or do I have to install all games again (so slow, 3ds->nhh.bin->cia->FBI install)?

Another thing, why cant i read and accept Nintendo User agreement on emunand?

I got to connection test, succesful. Then "you must accept terms off..." I click read Now->"This service is not available in your region" ?

Last edited by blackmoor,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm doing this right now -- should I be doing this from System Settings in sysnand, or emunand? Which one am I backing up, formatting, and then restoring? Thanks.
At the time, your nand should be linked, so there was no distinction between sysnand and emunand.
The moment you system format without sd card in, and put the sd card back in when the system start for the first time after system format, it is unlinked as the sysnand is created.

What you backed up before you unlinked things will then be come your emunand when you restore it with emunand tools.
However at this point, that back ups is called Nand since it was made when system was linked at the time

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which Rxtools is better, 2.6 or 3.0? I heard that 2.6 is more better because it's stable.

Just stick with 2.6 if you just want it to boot on your Emunand , I had 2.6 at first but I switched to 3.0 , doesn't make any difference (at least for me). Altough the 3.0 version is needed to auto boot using ctrbootmanager

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just stick with 2.6 if you just want it to boot on your Emunand , I had 2.6 at first but I switched to 3.0 , doesn't make any difference (at least for me). Altough the 3.0 version is needed to auto boot using ctrbootmanager

Is that true? I'm also using 2.6. When I boot into ctr through homemenu, it basically autoboots into emunand after x seconds have passed

also again, can i just install cryptofixed games to o3ds emunand?

quinn johnston

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i need help im on 9.2 old 3ds i dont know what to remove im trying to use cold boot
upload_2016-1-10_10-17-49.png

Last edited by quinn johnston,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i need help im on 9.2 old 3ds i dont know what to remove im trying to use cold boot View attachment 35046

assuming that this boot.3dsx is ctrbootmanagers boot file, once you trigger menuhax, it should lead you straight to the bootmanager

now, throw this into the boot.cfg file

Code:
boot_config :
{
  timeout = 3;
  autobootfix = 8;
  recovery = 2;
  default = 0;
  entries = (
    {
      title = "rxTools";
      path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
      offset = "0x12000";
    },
    {
      title = "HomeBrewMenu";
      path = "/bootHBL.3dsx";
    } );
};

using this config, unless you do anything else in ctrboomanager, after 3 seconds, it should start rxtools and emunand with it.

not sure what you mean by remove actually, but you might make things a bit less cluttery by throwing all your .cia files in a Cia folder.
all the other files should just stay where they are. one or two might be unnecessary, but they're not really doing any harm either, right?

also, it appears you'll want to use the homebrewloader cia in emunand. if so, hold Y while starting that one up to create a new ropbin payload file for homebrewloader specifically. open that one in any editor and textsearch "boot.3dsx" and replay that with "bootHBL.3dsx".
otherwise, it will always lead you to boot.3dsx which is most likely ctrbootloader at this point

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.