• Views 4,579,932
  • Replies 53,817
  • Likes 44

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
what's the best version of rxtools ? Will i have to compile it myself or can I find all the versions in pre-compiled format as zip/rar files somewhere...?

Last edited by Amapola62,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's the best version of rxtools ? Will i have to compile it myself or can I find all the versions in pre-compiled format as zip/rar files somewhere...?
i dont think there currently is a best version if there was then it would likely get released as version 3.0 final and not 3.0 nightly but i find the 9-28 build from this link RxTools Nightlies by @WhoAmI? to be stable for many users

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK...the question is that I heard people saying they had the latest one, others have the one you linked to, and other people advised to have the 25.2 version to use devmode...Total I don't kniw which one I should install/set-up on my upcoming 3ds...Can I just switch between them or what? And if I download that zip file will I have to compile something, i'd rather not to since I don't know how to do that...

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK...the question is that I heard people saying they had the latest one, others have the one you linked to, and other people advised to have the 25.2 version to use devmode...Total I don't kniw which one I should install/set-up on my upcoming 3ds...Can I just switch between them or what? And if I download that zip file will I have to compile something, i'd rather not to since I don't know how to do that...
the choice is your really 2.5.2 was the last official release with dev mode implemented but dev mode also works with the 9-28 and reportedly in the latest nightly build as well.

to switch between them (after initial instalation) is as simple as dragging and doping the files onto your sd card

and no matter what version you pick you will need to generate one file(s) but it will be as easy as installing a program on your pc and double clicking a file

tornadog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have a out of region game cia installed in my emunand, how would I update it? Do I have to find a patched update cia?

triple-sevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can load a Cubic Ninja rom and open The Homebrew menu with it, then use region free loader to load the Japanese roms.

You could even use it to re-install Ironhax on your 3DS!

And no, as long as you don't try to play online while using the cart there is no risk of getting banned.

So the cubic ninja method does not matter what firmware my 3DS is on? Because Ironhax stopped working after updating my 3DS. I didn't update Ironfall game, just the 3DS and it stopped supporting it.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the cubic ninja method does not matter what firmware my 3DS is on? Because Ironhax stopped working after updating my 3DS. I didn't update Ironfall game, just the 3DS and it stopped supporting it.

Both Ninjhax and Ironhax works in the latest update, it stopped working because you didn't bother updating the PAYLOAD before updating the 3DS firmware, you could have done that with Ironhax itself, that was a mistake on your side.
Can I access the eShop when I am in the emunand without any problems?
Yes

tornadog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say, thanks to QuantumCat now I have it all setup on my 2DS. I just obtained a cia of Mario&Luigi Paper Jam that was patched for US and installed using FBI. It worked without any problems. I have updated my sysnand to 9.2 and the emunand to 10.3. I was not able to get menuhax working, so I am launching rxtools manually each time from the browser.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say, thanks to QuantumCat now I have it all setup on my 2DS. I just obtained a cia of Mario&Luigi Paper Jam that was patched for US and installed using FBI. It worked without any problems. I have updated my sysnand to 9.2 and the emunand to 10.3. I was not able to get menuhax working, so I am launching rxtools manually each time from the browser.

Why can't you get Menuhax working?

ElasarX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cia games are . . . various sizes good games are about 1gb . . . pokemon is 1.8gb my old 16gb sd card held about 20-25 depending on the games
and yes online is fine with cia games
btw the great thing about cia games is that they are as small (or smaller) than a trimed 3ds rom & no patching is needed for online play
do you need something called a private header? i keep seeing that mentioned. Also is there a way to convert .3ds to .cia? Also thanks for all the help!

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ElasarX

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, you have been very helpful, so I am back. I made an oversight when I asked my question last time, and uncovered some new info.

So here is what happened. I asked if I could update my 3DS's emuNAND to the latest 10.3 or whatever it is now because I want to play Yokai watch. In the process of considering which 3DS to update (I have 2, I'll get to that in a second) I found out that my DSTWO+ has yet to support games on anything past 9.9. No big deal, I can just use Gateway. What I did not specify in my question is that my other 3DS LL is Japanese.

So I updated my Japanese LL's emuNAND to the latest firmware. The 3DS hangs after running the profile exploit and showing the GW 3 menu. Is there a new gateway file I need to have on my Gateway microSD to boot with a 10.3(I think, I honestly do not know what the latest Japanese firmware is) emuNAND?

Again, thanks for being so fast and helpful with your replies.

P

PaiiNSteven

Hello,
I recently fucked up by using a microsd card on an old 3ds (believe me, don't use them, they are VERY unstable.), So I bought a new sd card for my 3ds. Problem is, starting over isnt working. I was able to load gateway once, but after I formatted my emunand, my 3ds crashes when I try to go into rxtools. If anyone could help it would be lovely. Thanks everyone :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    :( I feel sorry for you, man.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Genetics
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Ive done that a lot. Hot compresses.
    It does provide temp relief but comes back right away.
    A simple surgery might be able to correct it for both of you
    +1
    The source of this information for me is Dr House. Some of the stories where based on actual cases
    +1
    One episode helped me save a life one time
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    House M.D. is great.
    Sad for the pain. I hope it gets better somehow. @RedColoredStars
    +2
    Yes. Thats what Ive read. Surgery is most likely required. I sent a message to the ENT center with my concerns and asked if I should be seen much sooner and not wait, since it will be 71 days since symptoms started until my appointment.
    +1
    Guy came in his lips where turning blue, I knew he was having a heart attack and I raced him to the ER they saved him
    +2
    Without House I wouldn't have recognized the symptoms
    +1
    Blue like this?
    rk4URjod_ZYte_1024.webp
    House was fantastic show from the episodes I've seen. Maybe I should watch the entire series.
    +3
    @HiradeGirl, almost, definitely a noticeable difference than normal color
    Are your lips blue like that Hirada?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, The theme for House M.D. reminds me of when Computer Clan used this as their intro music.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I miss the old days.
    Me too. When I was young and not all fucking broken.
    +1
    @RedColoredStars Maybe I'm having a stroke. Sorry gtg, will update later.
    +1
    Getting older really sucks if you have health problems. I was a preemie and have had health issues off and on my entire life. But its gotten much worse since I hit 40. That was 12 years ago.
    Probably wont live to see 70.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @HiradeGirl, Okay, see you soon.
    I hear mouth to mouth can help with a stroke. Anyone there to breath some life into you? lol
    +1
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: I hear mouth to mouth can help with a stroke. Anyone there to breath some life into you? lol +1