• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
300 ouch but i guess thats the price of a guarantee i would say fuck that and get a $100 2ds
yes if it is on 9.2 or lower it will be good o3ds and n3ds alike
If it's the standard 2DS or standard 2DS with MK7, I can tell you that you're 100% certain to get one under 9.2. Not sure of the others.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I feel like I have to read between the lines, but Gateway is required to create emunand, right?
No you won't need a Gateway cart. You can get into the Gateway menu just fine with no cartridge, and create emuNAND, backup sysNAND, backup game cartridge, etc etc. You only need the Gateway cartridge to actually boot into Gateway mode (which isn't important because the only thing Gateway mode has over a CFW is that you can use the cartridge to play .3ds games - and if you don't have the cartridge that's not such a useful function).

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I successfully installed CakesFW and emuNAND, but I've been having issues running the CFW ever since the console froze when I tried launching the GateWay Launcher to make an emuNAND backup. I'm thinking I will need to reformat my SD card and start again from scratch. I do have some curiosity questions I was unable to find answers for through Google.

What is the purpose of the slot0x25keyX.bin for CakesFW?

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this error in Windows 7 while copying files to their SD card:
Error 0x80070079: The semaphor timeout period has expired
I'm assuming my issue is due to a some malfunction with my laptop and the built-in SD Card Reader since another reader in another laptop worked flawlessly.

What is the advantage of downgrading the mset?

What exactly is Nver and how does it allow access to NNID services?

D13PLZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could still Use some help. I need info on how to fix BLACK screen of death. I DO have my NAND backup. Old 3ds xl. hALP!!

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could still Use some help. I need info on how to fix BLACK screen of death. I DO have my NAND backup. Old 3ds xl. hALP!!
You'll need to hard mod the system to restore it, @hundshamer might be able to fix it for you if tou live in the states.

Can I use a 64GB micro sd in a SD adapter in a O3ds XL

If it's formatted to FAT32 you can.

Reactions: D13PLZ

ElasarX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be buying a 2DS soon and I'm interested in getting a flashcart. is online play possible on pokemon and super smash bros with flash carts? If so, which one is the best and why?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I want to thank the two who helped me before, I have a follow up question too.
So with my 3DS (sysnand at 4.4 and emunand at 9.2) you are saying I have to update my emunand to play a game that requires a higher firmware. So basically fact check me and make sure I am doing this right. I turn on my 3DS, boot into emunand via whatever hack (GW DS profile exploit most likely for me) and then update my emunand. So my question is, is the newest update safe as emunand? 10.3 or something? Or should I update via the cart and only go to 9.9 or something that Yokai watch requires?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I want to thank the two who helped me before, I have a follow up question too.
So with my 3DS (sysnand at 4.4 and emunand at 9.2) you are saying I have to update my emunand to play a game that requires a higher firmware. So basically fact check me and make sure I am doing this right. I turn on my 3DS, boot into emunand via whatever hack (GW DS profile exploit most likely for me) and then update my emunand. So my question is, is the newest update safe as emunand? 10.3 or something? Or should I update via the cart and only go to 9.9 or something that Yokai watch requires?
your welcome . . . updating through the settings is the safest (as in most complete way) game card updates are not always complete and as long as its an o3ds update 10.3 is perfectly safe

also thank you for not tagging me to thank me . . . whenever mods appear i always think i personally fucked up , , , lol. so had you tagged me . . . i may have shit myself :mellow:
rotfl
I will be buying a 2DS soon and I'm interested in getting a flashcart. is online play possible on pokemon and super smash bros with flash carts? If so, which one is the best and why?
if you buy it new you will not need a flashcard you can use free cfw
[Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS)
but if you really want one then get a gateway (btw my personal bias against gateway prevents me from providing a link)

If I change the version of Rxtools I'm using do I have to format Emunand again?
no not at all

Last edited by wormdood,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does buying new allow the using of cfw? I plan to anyway, but I'm just curious.
because new = un-updated.
o3ds systems (2ds included) reportedly only come a fw version low enough to install cfw (9.2 or lower)

if it was used then it may or may not have been updated by the previous owner so used is a gamble while new is nearly guaranteed

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I suppose do the fbi thing from the guide you linked? Like, what do I put the actual games on?
the guides main goal is to help you install emunand and fbi (a cia installer) these two things together make up what people commonly refer to as 3ds cfw
the guide also covers most major extras like autobooting the cfw and using old ds mode flashcards
but yes what you want is to install fbi that is specifically the part of the combo that will let you play roms (.cia games)
emunand allows you to be safe as you do these unauthorized and sometimes dangerous things on your system

basically you will want to do everything in that guide

Leonardo1604

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys. I would like to know if the emulators citragb or mgba works on a R4i dual-core or just in the homebrew. I want to play harvest moon: friends of mineral town and this don't work in gbaemu4ds. Thks

ElasarX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the guides main goal is to help you install emunand and fbi (a cia installer) these two things together make up what people commonly refer to as 3ds cfw
the guide also covers most major extras like autobooting the cfw and using old ds mode flashcards
but yes what you want is to install fbi that is specifically the part of the combo that will let you play roms (.cia games)
emunand allows you to be safe as you do these unauthorized and sometimes dangerous things on your system

basically you will want to do everything in that guide
Sounds great! Two more questions. How big are the .cia files typically? And secondly, is online play available?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cia games are . . . various sizes good games are about 1gb . . . pokemon is 1.8gb my old 16gb sd card held about 20-25 depending on the games
and yes online is fine with cia games
btw the great thing about cia games is that they are as small (or smaller) than a trimed 3ds rom & no patching is needed for online play

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: ElasarX

triple-sevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I want to get the new sky3ds+ card (the one with orange button) when it releases. I mostly want it for playing Japanese games and a few others. A friend told me I could do it with a sky3ds card and ninjhax through cubic ninja. I have a New 3DS XL with the most recent firmware 10.3 something. What is the best method to play Japanese games? I do not want to buy another 3ds to do the CFW/Gateway stuff. I want to play on my current New 3DS XL. I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

I forgot, I used to have ironhax on my 3DS but I screwed up and updated the firmware to play smash with some friends. I'm not looking to play online with sky3ds. I own a lot of games that I play online on a regular basis. Is there a risk of ban if I don't go online with sky3ds? Will they still find out somehow?

Last edited by triple-sevenz,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I want to get the new sky3ds+ card (the one with orange button) when it releases. I mostly want it for playing Japanese games and a few others. A friend told me I could do it with a sky3ds card and ninjhax through cubic ninja. I have a New 3DS XL with the most recent firmware 10.3 something. What is the best method to play Japanese games? I do not want to buy another 3ds to do the CFW/Gateway stuff. I want to play on my current New 3DS XL. I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

I forgot, I used to have ironhax on my 3DS but I screwed up and updated the firmware to play smash with some friends. I'm not looking to play online with sky3ds. I own a lot of games that I play online on a regular basis. Is there a risk of ban if I don't go online with sky3ds? Will they still find out somehow?

You can load a Cubic Ninja rom and open The Homebrew menu with it, then use region free loader to load the Japanese roms.

You could even use it to re-install Ironhax on your 3DS!

And no, as long as you don't try to play online while using the cart there is no risk of getting banned.

Hi guys. I would like to know if the emulators citragb or mgba works on a R4i dual-core or just in the homebrew. I want to play harvest moon: friends of mineral town and this don't work in gbaemu4ds. Thks

3DS homebrew in a DS flashcart?... I think that questiom itself is obvious enougn.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1