• Views 4,458,117
  • Replies 53,773
  • Likes 43

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Do you know where i can find the .nds file?
2. It looks like the mset was originally installed by placing the .cia in the microsd card of the internal slot of my n3DS. If the exploit was removed does that mean the .cia file was also removed? I'm just thinking if it's still there, maybe if i run the NVRAM installer from the blue card and go into the ds profile it would work again?

The cia is still there, you only need to run the exploit installer with the bluecard, .nds is the format of the file (I didn't remember the name earlier but is the only .nds file in the package), anyways inside the gateway files there is a folder named "Blue Card (R4i)" , inside there is a file named GW_INSTALLER.nds put that in your blue card and run it as any DS game.

You install the exploit with it.

Last edited by Tony_93,

Inukami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cia is still there, you only need to run the exploit installer with the bluecard, .nds is the format of the file (I didn't remember the name earlier but is the only .nds file in the package), anyways inside the gateway files there is a folder named "Blue Card (R4i)" , inside there is a file named GW_INSTALLER.nds put that in your blue card and run it as any DS game.

You install the exploit with it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The cia is still there, you only need to run the exploit installer with the bluecard, .nds is the format of the file (I didn't remember the name earlier bit is the only .nds file in the package), anyways, inside the gateway files inside the Blue Card (R4i) folder there is a file names GW_INSTALLER.nds put that in your blue card and run out as any DS game.
yeah i have that .nds file in my bluecard but it doesn't say GW_INSTALLER when i boot the bluecard, it says VRAM INSTALLER. Is that the same thing? I basically dragged the all of the files from the R4i bluecard so it must be it..

Inukami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, same thing.

it asks to select the console type, do i hit classic 3ds or new 3ds? i'm not sure if it's referring to the o3ds and n3ds or if that's a special codename for gateway modes. I have a n3ds.

edit: i think this might be the longest set of questions asked by a single person on this thread... sorry ><

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it asks to select the console type, do i hit classic 3ds or new 3ds? i'm not sure if it's referring to the o3ds and n3ds or if that's a special codename for gateway modes. I have a n3ds.

edit: i think this might be the longest set of questions asked by a single person on this thread... sorry ><

New 3DS.

@Inukami and the result was?

Last edited by Tony_93,

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get HANS set up on my 3ds' emunand partition and having very poor luck.

Cubic Ninja freezes on any attempt at launching homebrew after launching the homebrew launcher, and I don't think I can install any other entry point without homebrew. Is Cubic Ninja just incompatible with rxtools?

rememberships

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi All,

I'm currently using a 3DS XL with firmware 10.00. I also have a 3DS XL with firmware 8.1 and was wondering if there's way to transfer my NNID to this system without having to update it.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, sorry feel like I'm always asking stupid questions in here.

What's currently the best CFW for New 3DS? Common wisdom seems to be PastaCFW but they've taken over rxTools now I think, so should I use that?

Cheers!

PS - I want to run 9.5 EmuNAND with the ability to install CIAs if that makes a difference.
Why do you even want to use emunand? Why not just use sysnand on New 3DS?

Leigho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get to the homebrew menu. I still have ver. 9.9. The Youtube app doesn't work, neither does the Browser hack. I just need to dump/extract save data. What should I do?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi All,

I'm currently using a 3DS XL with firmware 10.00. I also have a 3DS XL with firmware 8.1 and was wondering if there's way to transfer my NNID to this system without having to update it.
Yes. Update the 10.0 3DS to the latest version. Set up emuNAND on the 8.1 3DS. Update emuNAND to the latest version and you should now be able to perform a system transfer from the 10.0 3DS to emuNAND on the 8.1 3DS.

I'm trying to get to the homebrew menu. I still have ver. 9.9. The Youtube app doesn't work, neither does the Browser hack. I just need to dump/extract save data. What should I do?
I believe Ninjhax, OoThax and Smashhax are your options (or Ironhax if you had Ironfall installed before it was patched). Once you run one of those, you can install Themehax and boot the HBL through that.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What if I don't have Ninjihax, OoThax, Smashhax, or Ironhax? I only used the Youtube app to use the Homebrew channel. I got it from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ . What are my options still?
Those are still your options. Tubehax was patched. Browserhax is only available if you haven't gotten the prompt to update on the web browser.

Kanasuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I have gateway ultra 3.5.
I switched on my 3DS today and accidentally left wireless enabled for a while. This is a 3DS that's been freshly switched on, it was not in Emunand mode or any kind of Gateway Mode.
During that time I got a prompt saying to update my firmware, which I pressed no.

Right now I am in Emunand mode, the system settings says I am GW3D 10.1.0-27J
When I go to update my system via 'the official way', I get a message that says, "An update for your system is ready. You can update without connecting to the internet."

Does that mean it has downloaded (in the background) an official firmware that I don't want to apply? Am I screwed?

Leigho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are still your options. Tubehax was patched. Browserhax is only available if you haven't gotten the prompt to update on the web browser.

So my only options are to buy OoT, Cubic Ninja or Smash Bros.?? 'Cuz I didn't download IronFall to have Ironhax. :/

Sorry for the questions. Just desperate and have no money.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. I have gateway ultra 3.5.
I switched on my 3DS today and accidentally left wireless enabled for a while. This is a 3DS that's been freshly switched on, it was not in Emunand mode or any kind of Gateway Mode.
During that time I got a prompt saying to update my firmware, which I pressed no.

Right now I am in Emunand mode, the system settings says I am GW3D 10.1.0-27J
When I go to update my system via 'the official way', I get a message that says, "An update for your system is ready. You can update without connecting to the internet."

Does that mean it has downloaded (in the background) an official firmware that I don't want to apply? Am I screwed?
You can get rid of the update prompt from sysNAND. When you power on your 3DS hold A + R + L + Up on the D-pad. You should be brought to a screen asking if you want to connect to the internet and update. Press no and the update will be removed.

So my only options are to buy OoT, Cubic Ninja or Smash Bros.?? 'Cuz I didn't download IronFall to have Ironhax. :/

Sorry for the questions. Just desperate and have no money.
Unfortunately at this time those are your only options.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated