• Views 4,513,883
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's 1000 times better... You have a safety net in case you brick something you can just undo it with emunand.

Sysnand will require a hard mode.
no where have I seen a developers actually confirm that emunand does offer brick protection... Wondering if it actually does? 90% of all problems posted are related to emunand this or that.. Gateway only created emunand to get lower firmwares to work with higher firmware games, not to provide brick protection. Emunand can only go to 9.5 for to new3dsnand cfw for new 3dsncan do everything a 9.5 emunand can do. Also I have read emunand still shares a lot with actual nand so does emunand actually provide protection against bricks?

Last edited by democracy,

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no where have I seen a developers actually confirm that emunand does offer brick protection... Wondering if it actually does? 90% of all problems posted are related to emunand this or that.. Gateway only created emunand to get lower firmwares to work with higher firmware games, not to provide brick protection. Emunand can only go to 9.5 for to new3dsnand cfw for new 3dsncan do everything a 9.5 emunand can do. Also I have read emunand still sharesba lot with band, so does emunand actually provide protection against bricks?

i don't think unlinked emunands really share anything and linked emunands only share things because they're pointing at the same files as their original base NAND

yes, emunands are going to offer brick protection because you're not writing to the system nand, which is where bricks can occur

if you screw up your emunand the worst thing that can happen is that you have to reinstall it

Reactions: democracy

Yuusei

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys!
I am in a dilemma and I need your experience and help.
I have an american New3DS XL with firmware 10.2 and I have ordered a Japanese New3DS with firmware 8.1
Is there any possible way to transfer my Nintendo Network ID from the 10.2 one to the 8.1? (keep in mind the 8.1 New3DS will be used for Gateway3DS)

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't think unlinked emunands really share anything and linked emunands only share things because they're pointing at the same files as their original base NAND

yes, emunands are going to offer brick protection because you're not writing to the system nand, which is where bricks can occur

if you screw up your emunand the worst thing that can happen is that you have to reinstall it
Thank you.

if you create an emunand and format system nand to unlink does that put in jeopardy loss of game saves?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys!
I am in a dilemma and I need your experience and help.
I have an american New3DS XL with firmware 10.2 and I have ordered a Japanese New3DS with firmware 8.1
Is there any possible way to transfer my Nintendo Network ID from the 10.2 one to the 8.1? (keep in mind the 8.1 New3DS will be used for Gateway3DS)

No because the only way to transfer NNID is by System Transfer.

New3DS emunand can only go up to firmware 9.5, where your american N3DS is on firmware 10.2

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.

if you create an emunand and format system nand to unlink does that put in jeopardy loss of game saves?

No, but your SD card has to be out of your system while doing the format otherwise you will lose everything.

The safety against bricks is simple:

Let's say that you mess up while installing a cia wether is a game, some app or some tool, and something goes wrong... Brick.

If you're using emunand you can use emunand tool to reinject a backup you previously made, it will take 2 minutes and whatever fuck up you did is undone in the moment... If you didn't make a backup you can just reinstall emunand and back at square one.

If you are using sysnand in the other hand, the system will not turn on at all just a black screen, you will need to open the system, do a hardmode (or pay someone in case you don't know to do it) in order to be able to use a backup of the nand and restore it, if you don't have a backup your system is as usable as the rocks in your backyard...

Even if you had a 9.0 sysnand and a 9.0 emunand, is worth to use it.

%90 of the problems posted here are emunand related because everyone uses emunand to not mess up their systems.

Last edited by Tony_93,

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but your SD card has to be out of your system while doing the format otherwise you will lose everything.

The safety against bricks is simple:

Let's say that you mess up while installing a cia wether is a game, some app or some tool, and something goes wrong... Brick.

If you're using emunand you can use emunand tool to reinject a backup you previously made, it will take 2 minutes and whatever fuck up you did is undone in the moment... If you didn't make a backup you can just reinstall emunand and back at square one.

If you are using sysnand in the other hand, the system will not turn on at all just a black screen, you will need to open the system, do a hardmode (or pay someone in case you don't know to do it) in order to be able to use a backup of the nand and restore it, if you don't have a backup your system is as usable as the rocks in your backyard...

Even if you had a 9.0 sysnand and a 9.0 emunand, is worth to use it.
Thanks again. So let's say you format with sdcard still in, can all be restored again by using gateway to restore nand?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again. So let's say you format with sdcard still in, can all be restored again by using gateway to restore nand?

If you format while the SD card in the system, you will only be deleting everything you have...

The point of removing the SD card while you format is to get the system nand to change its ID, then it will make new folders that sysnand will use from now on.

The old folders and files you had are going to be kept by emunand use only since emunand won't change so you won't lose them.

If you restore your nand from before the system format you will be undoing the format thus linking your NANDS again... And losing all the games and savegame installed... It doesn't make sense, you will be just deleting stuff.

Yuusei

Trophies
XP
Country
No because the only way to transfer NNID is by System Transfer.

New3DS emunand can only go up to firmware 9.5, where your american N3DS is on firmware 10.2
Gah! Too bad... I guess I'll just format my American N3DS and sign into my NNID in the Japanese N3DS. I am sorry if that has already been answered but can I sign into my NNID in emunand 9.5? Or do I have to be in the latest firmware to sign into my NNID? And that means I'll lose all my streetpass Plaza puzzles right? >_<

Last edited by Yuusei,

Drakas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys,
i have a N3DS with Pasta + Rxtool 9.0 firmware.

i tried to launch CN: Steam but with no success: i got stuck on 3DS logo at startup and i have to reset the 3DS.
I installed the .cia rom with FBI and i also installed after its .cia update, always with FBI.

What should i do to play? ^^

Thanks

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I have played a game using SKY3DS and now switch to a legit copy of the game, is there any kind of trace that I have used a scene release of the game before or can I safely go online with my legit copy now?

HtpNttn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
i read tutorial about "How to update your 3ds to 9.0 or 9.2". But when i click DEVMODE in menu rxtools 3.0 nightly, my screen is black and nothing happend. i must press PowerButton to turnoff my 3ds. i don't know why? someone help me please.

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble booting Browserhax or Gateway Menu in cakesFW N3DS emuNAND.

Browserhax gets stuck on a yellow screen and the gateway menu gives me a bring magenta crash screen.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any danger/benefit of formatting a micro sd to Fat32 64 kilobytes vs 32 kilobytes when loading cfw, playing games, etc.? Also I just bench tested a card I just got and it writes at 11MB/S and reads at 17MB/S. Will this be a problem? (was bench tested in exfat. Not sure if the results would be different at Fat32)

Last edited by Drak0rex,

calebsw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 16gb internal microsd card, and I want to change it to a 64gb card. Is this still the best guide for backing up and restoring emunand? Or is there another one I should be looking at? Thanks

Edit: Derp, I found one stickied here. Don't know how I overlooked it :wacko:

Last edited by calebsw,

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question:
I'm using RXTools, probably the first version that supported Gateway EmuNAND.

Can I just update my EmuNAND to the latest version, to be able to play the newest games?
Or should I first update RXTools, and how do I do that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/40XQ8L9wsCA?si=GzpPBaHQQLU0plt_ Neat