• Views 4,460,398
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

conradcervantes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten most of my CIAs installed onto the SD card and organized into folders, but every time I return to the home screen from the eShop or exiting a game, all the folders are emptied and I have to reorganize them. Do I need to fix something?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
want to ask a few things or a couple of things.

is it still worth getting the sky3ds?

i saw a 2ds at a pawnshop for 80 bucks i should get it? but is it worth it?

i heard the gateway can play any firmware now is that true?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it. That's what I was doing wrong, I had the .cia on the gw sd card. Just as a followup though - is the reason why this can't be done without a card because the version of gw launcher.dat which added cia support the same or newer than that which added the requirement of having to have the card in to launch emunand?

edit: just did a quick search and found that cia support was added in 2.6 which is quite recent so that makes sense.
Also that 2.3b added the card requirement, from their own notes:

Classic mode will only boot EmuNAND 8.x or higher if you have a genuine Gateway card inserted. You can still continue without, but support for EmuNAND 8.x or higher will not work.

Does this mean that the MT card launcher doesn't support devmenu or bbbmenu and that's why we can get cias into the emunand without the card?

To go a little further, wouldn't that also mean that emunand FW up to 7.x would still be launchable without the card and that would mean any cia not requiring 8.x or higher would not require a gw cartridge?
That MT card stuff is above my pay grade. :). I have a GW so I don't pay much attention to it. Sorry. Those kind of questions are way outside noob territory. Lol. What you say makes sense, but nothing in this scene makes sense.
I've gotten most of my CIAs installed onto the SD card and organized into folders, but every time I return to the home screen from the eShop or exiting a game, all the folders are emptied and I have to reorganize them. Do I need to fix something?
Never heard of that. Will have to try some folders and see what happens.
want to ask a few things or a couple of things.

is it still worth getting the sky3ds?

i saw a 2ds at a pawnshop for 80 bucks i should get it? but is it worth it?

i heard the gateway can play any firmware now is that true?
1. Much debated topic. As long as the sky doesn't get blocked it has a place in the market. Kids, those wanting a small number of games, technically challenged.
2.considering a new one is $89 on sale with a 1 year warranty? I wouldn't pay more than $30, tell them to fuck off its not an Apple product. With the N3DS about to be released you should be able to get a used 3DS for less than $80. The XL was $150 at Christmas.
3. No. 9.2 and below. Probably hard to get below 4.x and I don't know why you would want to.

len.

Trophies
XP
Country
I've ordered a new 3ds xl, and want to keep my old 9.2 xl for homebrew. What are my options for transferring my NNID to the new 3ds without updating my old 3ds? I've heard that gateway's emunand allows you to perform a system transfer, but I'd prefer to avoid dropping ~$80AUD on a card I wouldn't really otherwise use.

juzza

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question, is it possible to update my EmuNAND to 9.2 (from 4.5)? I understand the current version being served by Nintendo is 9.3+.

I'm running a 3DS XL with sysnand 4.5, Gateway.

I understand that an EmuNAND above a certain number is required to play certain games (Smash Brothers)

Thanks

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, is it possible to update my EmuNAND to 9.2 (from 4.5)? I understand the current version being served by Nintendo is 9.3+.

I understand that an EmuNAND above a certain number is required to play certain games (Smash Brothers)

Thanks

I'm curious as to why someone would want 9.2 vs 9.4 emunand? I barely used emunand on my 4.5 3DS honestly so if there is a use for this I'd be interested to know.

Speeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another Emunand question:

I have a 4.5 3DS XL on Emunand 9.2
I've just updated gateway to 3.0.1
Is it safe to boot Emunand and install the latest 9.4 update from nintendo? Will I be able to access eshop? Will I lose anything?

juzza

Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks

I've sorted it out myself. So the SysNAND can NOT be higher than 9.2 but the Gateway system allows an EmuNAND to run at 9.4, so it was safe to upgrade from the "system settings" menu (obviously making sure I was in Emu and not Sys).

My reason was wanting to play Smash Brothers. I experienced the black screen on 4.5 and read that it needs to be run in EmuNAND and figured it needed something from a higher version. On 9.4 EmuNAND there was still a black screen for a while but eventually the game booted which makes me wonder, would it have booted on 4.5 EmuNAND?

I don't care about the eShop or online play so maybe there is no need for a higher version EmuNAND?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup Temp, been a while.

So I bought a Gateway which should be coming later today (at least I hope it does). I'd like to be able to dump my games and save files (at least for my OR, X, and PxZ save files). I've come to an understanding that I can't use my save files because of how games are saved on fw 6.0+. I downgraded from 9.2 so I'm assuming my saves won't work with my dump. So I'm wondering if I have any other options other then wait for Gateway to update? Thanks.

LeSnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess there's no need to create a new thread asking about this.

Can I remove the Gateway 3DS card while the console is in sleep mode?
Do I have to relaunch the exploit if I put the card in before waking it up?

Also, can I remove the SD card the gateway 3ds while having the console on and the gateway 3ds in?

DanoobSnestorm

Trophies
XP
Country
So I've seen the new Ambassador N3DS and have come with a complicated plan for a system transfer, but I need to know if it will work. So the plan is buying an AN3DS, with 9.0.0, and doing a System Transfer from a 9.4 sysnand.

1) Transfer from a 9.4 sysnand (3DS) to a 9.4 emunand (on a 8.2 3DS).
2) Downgrade the emunand from 9.4 to 9.0.0
3) Transfer from the 9.0 emunand to the sysnand 9.0.0 on the AN3DS.

If the Gateway has no N3DS support, I'd just wait to take the last step (by using the Gateway on the 8.2 3DS). Could that be possible? Thanks in advance.

juzza

Trophies
XP
Country
I've sorted it out myself. So the SysNAND can NOT be higher than 9.2 but the Gateway system allows an EmuNAND to run at 9.4, so it was safe to upgrade from the "system settings" menu (obviously making sure I was in Emu and not Sys).

My reason was wanting to play Smash Brothers. I experienced the black screen on 4.5 and read that it needs to be run in EmuNAND and figured it needed something from a higher version. On 9.4 EmuNAND there was still a black screen for a while but eventually the game booted which makes me wonder, would it have booted on 4.5 EmuNAND?

I don't care about the eShop or online play so maybe there is no need for a higher version EmuNAND?

Just following up I'm going to perform an experiment. Apparently according to this thread holding up while booting into GW mode disables version spoofing and will allow me to install a system update from the ROM. I'm going to try it with the

For those interested I've just discovered the ability to update the EmuNAND from a ROM which hasn't been trimmed assuming it's the same region (by holding up when booting into GW mode, the system menu version isn't spoofed). I'm experimenting with updating my 4.5 EmuNAND to 7.x right now, waiting for it to update. It just prompted me to update when I went to start the ROM.

Is it going to boot? After a long black screen it has updated successfully! The EmuNAND is now GW3D 7.2.0-8E!

SysNAND is still 4.5.0-8E!

Pressing select brings up the list of ROMs, nice. 7.x seems about the same speed as 4.x and is definitely faster than 9.x but Smash still won't work. I guess I'm going to need to up a release and try 8.x next.

Thundaaaaa!!!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for my Micro SD card to say 0MB out of 492 MB whenever I connect it to my PC, after the Disk Writer formatting it for my Sky3DS?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another Emunand question:

I have a 4.5 3DS XL on Emunand 9.2
I've just updated gateway to 3.0.1
Is it safe to boot Emunand and install the latest 9.4 update from nintendo? Will I be able to access eshop? Will I lose anything?
Yes. Yes. No.

I guess there's no need to create a new thread asking about this.

Can I remove the Gateway 3DS card while the console is in sleep mode?
Do I have to relaunch the exploit if I put the card in before waking it up?

Also, can I remove the SD card the gateway 3ds while having the console on and the gateway 3ds in?
1. If you really want to.
2. No
3. no.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to be able to play smash brothers (and be able to update it via e-shop) on my recently-bought 3DS.
Version is 9.0.0-20E (Haven't accepted terms yet, because don't want to upgrade sysNAND).
I'm using the 2GB SD card that came with my console.
So, I launch Gateway Go (I don't have a ds/gateway flash card to use another exploit), I format emuNAND, do a classic boot, black screen.
So, I tried downgrading first back to 4.5, then doing the emuNAND, and that worked, until I tried to update it, when the classic boot would just drop me on a black screen.

I'll be borrowing an R4i gold (Does that one even work?) from a friend on monday, but I'd like to be able to run emuNAND with the gateway entrypoint (I don't care about setting up a web server on my phone).
Is there anybody experiencing the same problem? How would I go about fixing it?

Roto Prime Ender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Hyper noob here, I am super sad USA is not getting the new Nintendo 3DS...so I have been searching for a way to play USA games on a Japanese new Nintendo 3DS. I have come here to ask the following befor I import one.

If I own a Japanese new Nintendo 3DS with the firmware required to run region free can I play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (USA) on it.

Can I play straight from the retail version of The USA copy of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate? in other words, One Japanese new Nintendo 3DS (white) and one hard copy of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate USA region....

If I have to dump the rom I will not bother, Just want to play MoHun 4 Ultimate on a new Nintendo 3DS. The XL is just not for me and Nintendo is killing me by not bring the new 3DS to the USA. Thank you for your help in advance! here hoping

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
My u
So I've seen the new Ambassador N3DS and have come with a complicated plan for a system transfer, but I need to know if it will work. So the plan is buying an AN3DS, with 9.0.0, and doing a System Transfer from a 9.4 sysnand.

1) Transfer from a 9.4 sysnand (3DS) to a 9.4 emunand (on a 8.2 3DS).
2) Downgrade the emunand from 9.4 to 9.0.0
3) Transfer from the 9.0 emunand to the sysnand 9.0.0 on the AN3DS.

If the Gateway has no N3DS support, I'd just wait to take the last step (by using the Gateway on the 8.2 3DS). Could that be possible? Thanks in advance.
My understanding was that system transfer requires an internet connection and thus is not possible on anything but the latest firmware. I could be wrong I'm no expert. What is it your looking to transfer exactly? Savegames can be copied easier other ways.

blopa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi all. So, I know that it's possible to downgrade firmware without any flashcard, but is it possible to install emunand and play cia/3ds games without any flashcard?

thanks

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all. So, I know that it's possible to downgrade firmware without any flashcard, but is it possible to install emunand and play cia/3ds games without any flashcard?

Installing emuNAND, in theory yes, but I'm having a black screen with it (see this).
Play cia/3ds, no, because Gateway Go won't let you load any other launcher.dat than their own. The cheapest method is buying a DS flash cart which is compatible with 3DS fw4.5, using the DS profile exploit, and installing CFW.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Hey guys I asked this in another thread but I probably have a better chance of it being answered here. I'm running the latest emuNAND of Gateway and I'm trying to load up MK7 and it says A software update is available.

That's safe to update right? It won't update the actual sysNAND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...