• Views 4,519,072
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
How can I transfer a CARD2 save from a gateway-loaded ROM to it's eShop equivalent?
Please check the picture below
Untitled.png

Loque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a 3DS xl 6.x

Do you suggest me to upgrade the SYsnand to last version and use the gateway ultra?
What's the best use of gateway ultra for my 3ds xl 6.x?

TheDutchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a 3DS xl 6.x

Do you suggest me to upgrade the SYsnand to last version and use the gateway ultra?
What's the best use of gateway ultra for my 3ds xl 6.x?

first of all DONT UPDATE SYSNAND
seriously dont. you'll get 9.4 and gateway becomes another paperweight until they figure out how to crack that.

to get the most out of your 3DS i suggest you update SysNAND through a retail game to 8.x, then just use gateway ultra, as it works on all versions up to 9.2

it also works on 6.x fine but i have no idea how this affects gamesaves and decryption and such.

but once again DO NOT UPDATE SYSNAND

Loque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok thanks for the info. I leave it to 6.x ;)
So to install gateway on this 3ds xl 6.x, i can just put the loader file in the SD and follow the quick_guide_GW_omega.pdf ?? as i did with a 4.5 3ds

soniczeki

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
I have a weird question. But my english not enough to ask >.>

I have 2 ntsc system (9.2) and pal 4.1 (emunand 9.4)

Old NTSC linked nnid
I bought NTSC XL from my friend (including 13 eshop-retail games)

I want to unlink nnid my old 3ds and link to new system

Problem is i can't format old 3ds without system update >.>

I can't link my nnid 3ds xl. (I really want it because club nintendo)

I'm planning downgrade 3DSXL but eshop games delete forever :(

Sorry for shitty english.

EDIT : :( oh impossible
hBfK8jX.png

poulso

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 5.1 3ds with a 9.4 emunand that hasn't been online so I don't have a NNID. Would I have to create a NNID on the emunand before unlinking to keep my eshop games?

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can i install Cia files on classic mode?
i've read that i could start classic mode with the MT launcher.dat without putting gateway in my 3ds.

adao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
still quite new to all of this

Have a 3ds XL with a sysnand on 4.2 (or 4.3)
I also have a gateway and the emunand is currently 9.2

do i need to do anything still because of the release of gateway 3.0?

or is anything recommended to be done?

thanks!

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Should I update emunand while on Emunand Classic using MT Card launcher? Imma use classic mode to play newer games..

Thanks!

y2jdmbfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, one other question, I picked up a Sky3DS when I was waiting for the Gateway update, but I don't really think I need it because I only plan to play US retail games on my Australian new 3DS or possible dumped retail games I own and not really download ROMS from other sources, except for maybe proof of concept. Is there anything Sky3DS offers the Gateway doesn't aside from not needing to load the exploit manually every time there is a power cycle? Just curious before I ship the Sky3DS back today.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have 3 quick questions if anyone can help?

1. I want to use emuNAND, but my 3DS has already downloaded the latest update. Can I get the latest EmuNAND while these system update files are present? If so how can I install them without formatting the 3DS to get rid of them?

2. If I format the 3DS and the SD Card with all of my eShop Downloaded games OUT of the system, do I still have to re-download them all? Or can I just insert the SD with all of the content stored on it working fine?

3. I know there was an app on the Andriod Play Store which allowed you to put the 3DS into gateway mode offline. This would be handy because at work I'd love to play on my breaks but I have no internet on my Phone meaning I can't use it as a Wi-Fi hotspot to start gateway mode! I'm not sure what the app is caled, but I know it exists as a guide I followed game recognition to it, though the link to the Android Play Store has become dead. (Possibly because of Nintendo Interference?)

If anyone can help me out with these, I'd be very grateful, I don'tt hink they're difficult questions, I'm just not smart enough to figure them out hahaha :)

Ekid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just a quick question about transfer.

I currently have a 9.2 3ds xl and I'm planning to buy a new 3ds xl to use it as a "legit" console.
But I would like to transfer my data from the old to the new, without having to update the old. So let's say I will buy a Gateway tomorrow and put the emunand in 9.4, will I be able to transfer from emunand 9.4 to sysnand 9.4 ?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i install Cia files on classic mode?
i've read that i could start classic mode with the MT launcher.dat without putting gateway in my 3ds.
Short answer NO. If someone has a work around and you trust them and understand the risks go for it.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still quite new to all of this

Have a 3ds XL with a sysnand on 4.2 (or 4.3)
I also have a gateway and the emunand is currently 9.2

do i need to do anything still because of the release of gateway 3.0?

or is anything recommended to be done?

thanks!
You do not need to do anything. If you want eshop access update emunand to 9.4. 3.0.1 is beta 2.7 is final release.

I have 3 quick questions if anyone can help?

1. I want to use emuNAND, but my 3DS has already downloaded the latest update. Can I get the latest EmuNAND while these system update files are present? If so how can I install them without formatting the 3DS to get rid of them?

2. If I format the 3DS and the SD Card with all of my eShop Downloaded games OUT of the system, do I still have to re-download them all? Or can I just insert the SD with all of the content stored on it working fine?

3. I know there was an app on the Andriod Play Store which allowed you to put the 3DS into gateway mode offline. This would be handy because at work I'd love to play on my breaks but I have no internet on my Phone meaning I can't use it as a Wi-Fi hotspot to start gateway mode! I'm not sure what the app is caled, but I know it exists as a guide I followed game recognition to it, though the link to the Android Play Store has become dead. (Possibly because of Nintendo Interference?)

If anyone can help me out with these, I'd be very grateful, I don'tt hink they're difficult questions, I'm just not smart enough to figure them out hahaha :)

1.sysnand format is the only way I know how.
2.dont know
3.find the thread and pm the developer

Will this sandisk 32gb microsd work with the gateway? Do most microsd's work with it or is it hit and miss?

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Memor...&qid=1421348506&sr=8-1&keywords=32gb+micro+sd

excellent choice, send me one.

Just a quick question about transfer.

I currently have a 9.2 3ds xl and I'm planning to buy a new 3ds xl to use it as a "legit" console.
But I would like to transfer my data from the old to the new, without having to update the old. So let's say I will buy a Gateway tomorrow and put the emunand in 9.4, will I be able to transfer from emunand 9.4 to sysnand 9.4 ?
Never done it but I have read that it works. There are sever threads on the subject here recently, take a look at them.

I have a weird question. But my english not enough to ask >.>

I have 2 ntsc system (9.2) and pal 4.1 (emunand 9.4)

Old NTSC linked nnid
I bought NTSC XL from my friend (including 13 eshop-retail games)

I want to unlink nnid my old 3ds and link to new system

Problem is i can't format old 3ds without system update >.>

I can't link my nnid 3ds xl. (I really want it because club nintendo)

I'm planning downgrade 3DSXL but eshop games delete forever :(

Sorry for shitty english.

EDIT : :( oh impossible
hBfK8jX.png
All I can say for certain is you can format sysnand without updating. The format will connect to the Internet but does not update.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a guide somewhere about how to install .cia files. I'm not 100% clear on where they get put and where they install to once they are selected and installed in the devmenu/bbbmenu

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a guide somewhere about how to install .cia files. I'm not 100% clear on where they get put and where they install to once they are selected and installed in the devmenu/bbbmenu
Yes there is. There are one here titled "cia for dummies". SonyUSA has one over at max console. The cia is placed in the rood of the SD CARD. dev menu/BBB installs it into emunand. You then delete the cia off the root of SD CARD. So you need some extra space on the Sd card.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes there is. There are one here titled "cia for dummies". SonyUSA has one over at max console. The cia is placed in the rood of the SD CARD. dev menu/BBB installs it into emunand. You then delete the cia off the root of SD CARD. So you need some extra space on the Sd card.

Got it. That's what I was doing wrong, I had the .cia on the gw sd card. Just as a followup though - is the reason why this can't be done without a card because the version of gw launcher.dat which added cia support the same or newer than that which added the requirement of having to have the card in to launch emunand?

edit: just did a quick search and found that cia support was added in 2.6 which is quite recent so that makes sense.
Also that 2.3b added the card requirement, from their own notes:

Classic mode will only boot EmuNAND 8.x or higher if you have a genuine Gateway card inserted. You can still continue without, but support for EmuNAND 8.x or higher will not work.

Does this mean that the MT card launcher doesn't support devmenu or bbbmenu and that's why we can get cias into the emunand without the card?

To go a little further, wouldn't that also mean that emunand FW up to 7.x would still be launchable without the card and that would mean any cia not requiring 8.x or higher would not require a gw cartridge?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?