• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Hmm, not sure eric, also Thundaaa, you should keep searching google, i dont think its allowed to give a link here but dont worry should be on first few pages :)

Also another question my 3DS XL is currently on 9.4E and I was kinda naive thinking that i'd still be able to run backups soon on a newish version, does anyone know if there safe ways to downgrade your version to 9.2 or lower, whats cool is the video posted just above shows 9.2 or lower going down to version 4.2, soon that'll be available for those with 9.3+

Alezales

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i have gateway 3ds running fw 3.0.1 , just followed the guide to setup and got a game running, but was wondering how to run multiple roms in one microSD card? I used diskimager to write the first rom to the card so the card is no longer accessible. How do add another rom/game into it

KeyserSoze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, firstly great site. Learning a lot!​
Secondly, I have a couple of questions if someone would be willing to help me out with suggestions I would appreciate it.​
I have a 3ds xl (FW 7.2.0-17U) and would like to play both 3DS and DS backup roms on it. I was wondering if it was better to go with a gateway or get Sky3ds + a r4i (or similar to run the ds games).​
Not sure exactly what homebrew is but I really just want to play 3ds and ds backups on my 3ds. Would both routes require two micro sd cards (Gateway - 1 sd for red card and 1 sd for the blue card. Sky3ds/r4i - 1 sd for the Sky and 1 sd for the r4i)? Also I would appreciate it if someone could also tell me what are the max sd card sizes for each? Iirc it's 128GB for the Gateway and for the Sky.​
I am in all honesty leaning toward the SKy/r4i combo as the gateway looks a bit involved to work with. The only advantage I see with the gateway (that I as a n00b would take advantage of anyway) is having a media player and maybe using emulators (though neither of these is a deal breaker).​
Dealbreakers for me:​
-Multirom support​
-Ability to play 3ds AND ds games (obviously doesn't have to be only 1 cart)​
Thanks for any/all responses/suggestions. :D

DanoobSnestorm

Trophies
XP
Country
My u
My understanding was that system transfer requires an internet connection and thus is not possible on anything but the latest firmware. I could be wrong I'm no expert. What is it your looking to transfer exactly? Savegames can be copied easier other ways.
Thanks for the reply. My idea is to transfer my saved games, and my Nintendo account (to redownload all purchased games and such) and, if possible, all Streetpass data (but that isn't important).

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I've got Super Smash Bros with a save created in 9.2. I want to downgrade to 4.5 to use CFW and get a 9.2 emuNAND, but, I want to be able to keep my save file. Is there any way to be able to achieve that?
P.S. If I have to buy a gateway, then so be it. Just looking for ways to avoid it.

Alezales

Trophies
XP
Country
Need some help here, trying to backup my game savs

My pokemon X .sav files are not appearing in my 3ds sd card. I did follow the exit procedure of going to home before closing but when i took a look inside the sd card on my computer i dont see the .sav files. I've tried opening every folder and looking into them, no .sav extension files are available.

My game is played on the red card with a microsd that i've written using diskimager

I'm very new to the gateway 3ds, any help on the matter will be helpful

Edit: I googled around and found that pokemon games are apparent "card 2 games" that save inside/together with the rom files. Does that mean the .sav files are inside my microsd? I can't access them though since i've written the rom with diskimager? Anyway to salvage this situation or im stuck with a microsd that locks my .sav within?

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
hello i got a few question (3DSXL with 9.2 and Gateway)

1. i have backed up my Nand, if i accidentally updated to 9.2 plus official firmware can i use it to downgrade back to 9.2?
2. Whats the point of emunand? currently i am on 9.2 and all games i play can play fine so does that mean it currently pointless to me?
3. how can i install DLC for my games?
4. except not needing to go online there is no other advantage to downgrade right? will my gateway save(9.2) work?
5. it is safe to update games?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

This SD Card would work great, it's class 10 meaning that it's got a fast read and write speed! (that's what the 10 in the circle means) Check out this to find out more about the classes if you wanna learn more: Speed Class - SD Association - SD Card Association

Slower cards will not work as well, personally I wouldn't recommend anything <class 4 :)

Reactions: eureca

y2jdmbfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys,

I have a new 3DS from Australia and I picked up a Sky3DS in addition to my Gateway when I was waiting on the 3.0 update. I mainly just wanted to be able to play USA region games on my new 3DS and I didn't realize all Sky3DS was good for was playing roms from the same region as the 3DS. I think I am going to send the Sky3DS back unless I am missing something. I did pick up an NES 3DS XL for a real good deal in the mean time and downgraded it to 4.5 until Gateway works with the new 3DS. I did dump a couple of the retail Australian carts with the NES 3DSXL and loaded them up with the Sky3DS and they worked, but it kind of misses the point as I don't plan on downloading any PAL ROMS. I'm thinking the Sky3DS isn't worth the extra $90 when I have a Gateway and just want to run USA games on the Australian new 3DS.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, trying to get some info here...I currently have an up to date DSTWO flashcart and a 3DS running OFW 9.4.0-21U. What are my options (if any) to get CFW up and running without having to purchase new hardware?

leader-san

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just imported a Japanese new 3DS since we're not getting the regular sized ones here in the US. If I have basic soldering skills or know someone who can solder things, and know enough about file systems and embedded systems to potentially write directly to my 3DS's NAND, how likely is it that I'll be able to flash a backup from a different region NAND to my Japanese system? It seems possible with my limited understanding, but I'd like to know better before doing anything drastic.

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Several questions here.

1. Do I need to downgrade my 3DS (currently at 9.2) in order to use emuNAND, install CIA files, and such?
2. I have 2 separate SD Cards, one for 3DS and one for when I'm using Gateway exclusively since I don't want to accidentally mess up my stuff. Say, if free patches for games such as Pokemon. Can I download it via emuNAND, and then copy it to the original 3DS SD card?

Thanks much.

pachirisu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I ran the Gateway browser exploit, backed up my NAND and tried to start Classic mode, then the screens just go off although the blue LED is on, should I avoid downgrading or is this just happening because I didn't create an emuNAND and Classic mode won't use the sysNAND by design?

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I have a issue that might be fixed with a gateway cart, but I'm wondering if you can verify it.

So I have:
- Old ambassador 3DS (9.2) which has legitimate games, applications, streetpass, saves, atc
- New 3DS (9.4)
- Gateway card.

I would like to do a system transfer from my old 3DS to my new one without updating the old one (in sysnand), to preserve Ninjhax compatibility

So here is what i'm assuming to do:
1. Use GW to downgrade to 4.5
2. Update emunand to 9.4
3. Start the system transfer to the new 3DS
4. use a copy of Smash Brothers to update my old 3DS to 9.2

Would this work?
Is there anything that wouldn't transfer?

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there plan to release update to 3Ds Link? Or that flashcard is "dead"?

I had it and had to switch to Gateway for obvious reasons. It's really a cheap clone, and on top of that they're incredibly lazy in releasing "their" updates. I don't know if it's completely dead, but I sure wouldn't call it alive. Trust me get another flash card, it's a waste of time otherwise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email