• Views 4,518,890
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

newaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok im really confused the more i read the more im confused.. lol..

Currently i have a Nintendo 3ds XL (v.8.1.0-19U) and i have R4i 3DS Flash Card.

I would love to be able to download a 3ds ROM for my son so he can play it. Is this possible? If So what do i need to do?

Thank You Very Much

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
can any flashcard play 3DS games yet.. also which one is most popular. Thanks (I own the flame red 3ds)

Yes, several.

Which is most popular is debatable. My personal opinion holds Gateway. It offers the most futureproofing and security, and is usually the spearhead to innovation. If your 3DS's firmware is 9.2 or less, I would recommend Gateway.

If your firmware is above 9.2, the only ones that I know of that work are the QQcard (I have little info of) and the Sky3DS. The Sky3DS, while it works, has had a lot of controversies about whether or not it will be supported in the future. It has some bugs with certain games, and has a 31 game limit per physical SD card. Furthermore, some of the practices used in the flash cart are somewhat shady, and would put you at a higher potential risk of being banned online than a Gateway would.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States

I would love to be able to download a 3ds ROM for my son so he can play it. Is this possible? If So what do i need to do?

Thank You Very Much

I could be wrong, but I think R4i 3DS is only able to play DS ROMs, not 3DS roms. The name is deceptive on one of those, anyway. I don't remember which.

Not easily. You would need to make use of the recent Gateway exploit to downgrade your unit to a 4.X firmware, then use that to run a 3DS flash cart of some sort.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
31 game limit per SD card. You can have more play more than 31 games. You can play unlimited games.

Corrected in my post.

And 31 per SD card is still a pain in the ass, I'd certainly not want to bother with something obnoxiously trivial like that. I certainly don't have an SD card carrier lying about.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I bought a gateway and my ads firmware is ver. 5.1.0-0E
When i try to start te browser it says that i first have to update my firmware.
how can i fix this?

I tried to format the 3ds, but it didn't worked

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a gateway and my ads firmware is ver. 5.1.0-0E
When i try to start te browser it says that i first have to update my firmware.
how can i fix this?
You cannot update your firmware through Nintendo. Do you have any retail carts or access to any?
SSB has 8.1 . 3ds.essh.co lists the update included with each retail cart. I am not sure what you need to get to to use the browser. 7.x should be fairly common.

Several questions here.

1. Do I need to downgrade my 3DS (currently at 9.2) in order to use emuNAND, install CIA files, and such?
2. I have 2 separate SD Cards, one for 3DS and one for when I'm using Gateway exclusively since I don't want to accidentally mess up my stuff. Say, if free patches for games such as Pokemon. Can I download it via emuNAND, and then copy it to the original 3DS SD card?

Thanks much.
1. No. If you downgrade most of your existing retail saves will be lost.
2. I think so but I am not sure of the exact procedure.

Hi guys I have a issue that might be fixed with a gateway cart, but I'm wondering if you can verify it.

So I have:
- Old ambassador 3DS (9.2) which has legitimate games, applications, streetpass, saves, atc
- New 3DS (9.4)
- Gateway card.

I would like to do a system transfer from my old 3DS to my new one without updating the old one (in sysnand), to preserve Ninjhax compatibility

So here is what i'm assuming to do:
1. Use GW to downgrade to 4.5
2. Update emunand to 9.4
3. Start the system transfer to the new 3DS
4. use a copy of Smash Brothers to update my old 3DS to 9.2

Would this work?
Is there anything that wouldn't transfer?

No. Smash will not update you to 9.2 only 8.1
Look through the threads for the system transfer info. Lots of details there, especially for info about the ambassador master race. I am from an unclean class.

I haven't updated in a while. EmuNand is 9.2.0-20E and Gateway is Omega 2.6. Can I update the system?
Yes.

Thank You Very Much
Is that a regular r4 that plays regular DS games? Or is it the r4 Deluxe? If plays regular DS it will not play 3DS roms. You would need to purchase a Gateway or Sky3ds or their clones to play 3DS roms.

You can fit 31 games per sd card? is this on a 2gb sd card? and also what's the highest storage you're allowed to use
No not on a 2GB SD card. If you are talking about the sky it uses a mSD card. The largest I have seen reported is 128GB, but in theory the go up to 1TB I think. I have only seen 256GB in the wild.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You cannot update your firmware through Nintendo. Do you have any retail carts or access to any?
SSB has 8.1 . 3ds.essh.co lists the update included with each retail cart. I am not sure what you need to get to to use the browser. 7.x should be fairly common.

Thank you for the reply, if i buy ssb, i just start the game and it will update my 3ds?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply, if i buy ssb, i just start the game and it will update my 3ds?
Make sure you are NOT on wifi or it will update you to 9.4. You can buy smash or even borrow one for a few minutes. Look at the list becuase there are cheaper games though smash is the only one that will take you up to 8.1

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Make sure you are NOT on wifi or it will update you to 9.4. You can buy smash or even borrow one for a few minutes. Look at the list becuase there are cheaper games thoug smash is the only one that will take you up to 8.1

I'm gonna buy a game (and return it later) within 2 hours, will let you know if it worked :)

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not safe to assume any of the current flashcards will be able to play majoras, right?
It is safe to say they will.

Okay, I've got Super Smash Bros with a save created in 9.2. I want to downgrade to 4.5 to use CFW and get a 9.2 emuNAND, but, I want to be able to keep my save file. Is there any way to be able to achieve that?
P.S. If I have to buy a gateway, then so be it. Just looking for ways to avoid it.
You may be able to do that with CFW, certainly not without it. CFW is buggy so I don't mess with it. Plan on reading a lot if you are interested in that route, I hear it is a pain to set up.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need some help here, trying to backup my game savs

My pokemon X .sav files are not appearing in my 3ds sd card. I did follow the exit procedure of going to home before closing but when i took a look inside the sd card on my computer i dont see the .sav files. I've tried opening every folder and looking into them, no .sav extension files are available.

My game is played on the red card with a microsd that i've written using diskimager

I'm very new to the gateway 3ds, any help on the matter will be helpful

Edit: I googled around and found that pokemon games are apparent "card 2 games" that save inside/together with the rom files. Does that mean the .sav files are inside my microsd? I can't access them though since i've written the rom with diskimager? Anyway to salvage this situation or im stuck with a microsd that locks my .sav within?
The save is within the actual rom file you will never "see" it. Disk imager is obsolete,mod not use it. Just drag and drop onto the mSD card. You will need to read some of the Pokemon threads to learn how to deal with them, they are different.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i got a few question (3DSXL with 9.2 and Gateway)

1. i have backed up my Nand, if i accidentally updated to 9.2 plus official firmware can i use it to downgrade back to 9.2?
2. Whats the point of emunand? currently i am on 9.2 and all games i play can play fine so does that mean it currently pointless to me?
3. how can i install DLC for my games?
4. except not needing to go online there is no other advantage to downgrade right? will my gateway save(9.2) work?
5. it is safe to update games?
1. That doesn't make sense. The latest firmware is 9.4. Mid you are on that and have a backup of nand 9.2 or below you can do a hardware mod to downgrade.
2. It won't be pointless really soon. Right now you cannot access eshop without updating to 9.4. Emunand can be upgraded to allow you to play the most current games while keeping your sysnand on an exploitable version. Mid you find that pointless, I cannot help you.
3. Access the eshop and download it. But wait, if you do that you will be upgraded to 9.4. Oh well. See the point?
4. I don't think so. Unless you want CFW.
5. Sure. On emunand.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys,

I have a new 3DS from Australia and I picked up a Sky3DS in addition to my Gateway when I was waiting on the 3.0 update. I mainly just wanted to be able to play USA region games on my new 3DS and I didn't realize all Sky3DS was good for was playing roms from the same region as the 3DS. I think I am going to send the Sky3DS back unless I am missing something. I did pick up an NES 3DS XL for a real good deal in the mean time and downgraded it to 4.5 until Gateway works with the new 3DS. I did dump a couple of the retail Australian carts with the NES 3DSXL and loaded them up with the Sky3DS and they worked, but it kind of misses the point as I don't plan on downloading any PAL ROMS. I'm thinking the Sky3DS isn't worth the extra $90 when I have a Gateway and just want to run USA games on the Australian new 3DS.
Did you have a question?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, trying to get some info here...I currently have an up to date DSTWO flashcart and a 3DS running OFW 9.4.0-21U. What are my options (if any) to get CFW up and running without having to purchase new hardware?
Wait. You are hosed for now. Option 2. Sell it and buy an exploitable console.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just imported a Japanese new 3DS since we're not getting the regular sized ones here in the US. If I have basic soldering skills or know someone who can solder things, and know enough about file systems and embedded systems to potentially write directly to my 3DS's NAND, how likely is it that I'll be able to flash a backup from a different region NAND to my Japanese system? It seems possible with my limited understanding, but I'd like to know better before doing anything drastic.
If you are an expert in encryption and succede, I bet they have a job waiting for you at Gateway and you can spend your weekends in Vegas with them instead of releasing updates. :)

Sounds like you need to hang with the crew over at 3dsbrew.org

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4