• Likes 43

Jysix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have bad news for you.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/9-3-0-21-nintendo-3ds-update-released.375613/page-26#post-5198404

That's what we call a partial update. Happened to a lot of 4.x systems where someone did that and ended up not being able to use gateway even though settings said 4.x. unfortunately generally the stuff that blocks hacks is made to install first

I hope that it didn't happened. That's also a little annoying that i can't see if i'm am on a partial update or not...
Nintendo is a real demon !

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Can you run .nds homebrew software on 3ds using ninjahax?

I don't use ninjhax but my assumption is no, you cannot. Ninjhax's environment is not the the same as an nds homebrew environment. An emulator for NDS emulation would have to be built inside ninjhax--and I doubt anybody will do such a thing. It'd be less hassle to run a DS mode flashcart and run homebrew through that.

ayyson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking of getting a Gateway so I can play all my NA games on the imported New 3DS I have, but I have a few questions about transferring saves:

-Is it possible to transfer saves from eShop games on my NA 3DS to the Gateway?

-Is it possible to transfer saves from physical cartridges?

-Can I rip the ROMs I have on my own 3DS/carts, or is that too complicated for a complete noob?

-Can the saves be transferred back from the Gateway to the original 3DS and cartridges?

Thanks for any answers you can provide.

bsxtn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on version 6.2 on my new 3DSXL. How do I get to 9.2? 20$ if someone can have me successfully updated, thanks!

halogamer2145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been following Gateway since the release, but I ordered one in anticipation of the 9.2 support release. I was wondering what are considered the essential tools for gateway.

rootshaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little bit confused with the setup. So once you install the gateway exploit though the DS profile menu button. You flash the official 9.2 update from inside emunand which means all your roms will work inside emunand right? How do you play regular DS games with the gateway 3ds? So do I just throw regular DS roms onto the blue card and it launches from there?

Or does the launcher thing comes with the lasted emunand so I don't have to worry about that?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Playing DS games becomes annoying, unfortunately. You can do it, but it wipes the Gateway exploit meaning you have to reinstall the exploit again every time using the blue card, annoying. Every time you play a DS game, you will then have to re-apply the Gateway exploit. Takes all of 10 seconds, but not ideal.

I used it as an excuse to buy a DSi XL - a much better way of playing DS games anyway.

TheDutchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
would DLC for 3DS games be possible with Gateway ? like could you download it from somewhere and install / add it to the game, or would there be custom game-roms that have it included ?

Songs for Theatrythm for example,

is there an option / cheat available for Fantasy Life to unlock the on the card DLC Origin Island.

axxu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Is it safe to change region settings in emunand? I would like to try if i can access another regions Ultimate nes remix leaderboards by changing the region.

JensRenders

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.jensrenders.cf
XP
Country
Belgium
Another noob question: How can i print text in a 3ds hombrew app, like on nds apps you use printf("text"); how com there is no hello world example for this. I searched everywhere :( is developing for 3ds so much harder than for nds?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Another noob question: How can i print text in a 3ds hombrew app, like on nds apps you use printf("text"); how com there is no hello world example for this. I searched everywhere :( is developing for 3ds so much harder than for nds?

yeah, it's a bit difficult right now since everyone is starting from scratch. check out the Homebrew development thread for it. If you find your answer, could you let me know as well :P

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to use 2 different emunands on different firmwares on the same 3DS? I'm running my current emunand 8.1 with cia games installed but might setup a second emunand sd card on a different firmware but I'm worried about losing save data?

I'm going to go on a limb and say no. Otherwise people wouldn't be stuck on emuNAND 9.3, anyways what would it accomplish?

if you want to test it, pop in a new msd and check what emunand you are running.

CarefulCrysis

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to go on a limb and say no. Otherwise people wouldn't be stuck on emuNAND 9.3, anyways what would it accomplish?

if you want to test it, pop in a new msd and check what emunand you are running.
I lost my 9.2 emunand after messing around just before the latest fw was released, I was just wondering if it's possible to backup my emunand SD card and the cia games just for safety.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo