• Views 4,446,351
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've finally created an emuNAND, I've updated it and done everything I need to do to access eShop/Miiverse etc. My question is to download patches does the rom need to be a .3dz (even if ive no intention of going online) or can it be .3ds?

I'm contemplating downloading Pokemon Y and I'm just wondering whether I might aswell just make it .3dz and save myself the hassle of losing my save data if for any reason I have to get more patches go online etc, one last thing can someone explain in lamens terms how to inject headers into the roms, I've read the official thread and I still dont quite understand it unfortunately, can I just inject any header or somebody elses or does it need to be my own etc. Thanks!

If you plan to put it online at any time, always set it up as a 3DZ. My Pokemon Y ROM has been 3DZ since for over a month, although it just went online for the first time, today. There is a Gateway ROM tool in http://gbatemp.net/threads/way-to-distribute-the-removed-hidden-pokemon-from-power-saves.364150/ that makes it easy to patch.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply, I will make it 3DZ but just to be clear, It still won't work online unless I inject a header or use one of those community saves in the thread you listed? Thank you.

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, I will make it 3DZ but just to be clear, It still won't work online unless I inject a header or use one of those community saves in the thread you listed? Thank you.

Just need to inject the header and download the 1.2 patch from the EShop.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just tried it with tomodachi life, simply renamed the game to .3DZ, keeps saying invalid 3DZ. Nevermind, I'll figure it out sooner or later. Thanks.

Anacra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I don't follow the homebrew scene, so please be gentle. I only have one question:

- Is there a way to record your 3DS gameplay to your computer with some homebrew method (latest firmware)?

I'd rather not buy a whole new modded 3DS just to record a couple of games.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I just tried it with tomodachi life, simply renamed the game to .3DZ, keeps saying invalid 3DZ. Nevermind, I'll figure it out sooner or later. Thanks.

You'll need to open the ROM in a hex editor, then insert the game's unique id at the beginning of the file as well.

Edit to avoid double-posting: I have a question, too. Is there anyone who can decrypt Virtual Console SD .sav files? I don't intend on editing it; I just need to check for some specific data in the save.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You'll need to open the ROM in a hex editor, then insert the game's unique id at the beginning of the file as well.

Edit to avoid double-posting: I have a question, too. Is there anyone who can decrypt Virtual Console SD .sav files? I don't intend on editing it; I just need to check for some specific data in the save.

Thanks Marcus, will any hex editor do? I take It I can find one easily with google, or does it need to be something specific with GateWay? Thanks for the help =)

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind, shamzie. I was not reading it right. You might want to use the old 'repeating CTR fail' ROM editing method to get online capability. I think .3dz is only required for online capability, so try the guide posted here that tells about the repeating CTR fail save method.
Source of information: http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-savegame-requests-thread.359139/

Reactions: Doran754

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering, In a tutorial I saw to run gateway. I backed up my nand.bin file. Now I know i need that file but should I use emuNAND Tool 1.0.1 and make another backup of my card. I already formatted my 3ds's sd card to trim it down to half it size. So i was wondering if i wanted to update my emunand if I'm set. And if i wanted to restore my nand.bin back to 4.4 if i could use the 1 i already have.

Sorry with the Qs but I'm still a noob with my gateway [even thou i had it in my draw for almost a yr waiting to use it].

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Thanks Marcus, will any hex editor do? I take It I can find one easily with google, or does it need to be something specific with GateWay? Thanks for the help =)

You can use much more convenient tool named ROM Patcher (current version is 0.6): http://goo.gl/X5ilvA. It is pretty self-explanatory, but feel free to PM me if you have problems with it.
To get your own unique ID you should dump any of your cartridges (even one that have no online) (or use public headers, I don’t recommend it, but no one had any problems with them yet) and open it in ROM Patcher, save you ID somewhere and use it in your .3dz ROMs.
P.S.: There is no online in Tomodachi Collection, no point in making it .3dz.
P.S.2: There is no need to make ROMs .3dz to download patches from eShop. You can download all eShop patches (even for games you don’t own) by searching “update” in eShop.

Reactions: Doran754

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
So since some newer games will require EmuNand as Gateway said in their latest website post, how does one install EmuNand? I assume I actually need to go online with my 3DS?... If I put in my router's wireless details into my 3DS, install Emunand, can I then delete my internet details on my 3DS so it doesn't try and go online again?

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
So since some newer games will require EmuNand as Gateway said in their latest website post, how does one install EmuNand? I assume I actually need to go online with my 3DS?... If I put in my router's wireless details into my 3DS, install Emunand, can I then delete my internet details on my 3DS so it doesn't try and go online again?

The whole thing “you cannot go online with 4.5” is misinformation. I’ve been playing ACNL online for two months when I was waiting for my gateway a year ago, never removed my wireless settings from the console and I still have 4.5 on my console + emuNAND. There are plenty of instructions how to install emunand, just follow any of them.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Hope this is the right place to put this. But does anybody have any theories on how easy it will be for Nintendo to patch smealum's new ssspwn exploit? Or if there are any measures that he said are being implemented to avoid such a thing from happening?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hope this is the right place to put this. But does anybody have any theories on how easy it will be for Nintendo to patch smealum's new ssspwn exploit? Or if there are any measures that he said are being implemented to avoid such a thing from happening?
most likely it will be very easy to patch or smealum wouldn't be keeping details secret....also its using a game as the entry point and is userland only....all of which makes it much easier to patch......basically its pretty likely that as soon as its released it will be patched in the very next update

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Then what's the point for an average user to use it over say Supercard DStwo or R4i 3DS where you ARE able to update it? And I wonder if you risk getting banned by Nintendo for using the exploit.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Then what's the point for an average user to use it over say Supercard DStwo or R4i 3DS where you ARE able to update it? And I wonder if you risk getting banned by Nintendo for using the exploit.
DStwo has much better homebrew capabilities like gba and snes emulation as it has a extra CPU in the card that helps with homebrew, the R4i is just bog standard in terms of homebrew, i believe there was a sort of POC snes and gba emulators for standard NDS flashcards....but the power just isnt there to do it to any usable state

as for banning i very much doubt they would ban people from playing legit 3ds games online for using NDS flashcards....and if your refering to banning you playing NDS games online, that boat sailed a long time ago....everyone is banned from online for NDS games as they shut the servers down

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I know we can't get banned because of the flash carts, but what I was asking whether or not they'd ban us for using ssspwn. I'm just trying to figure out why one would choose ssspwn over the flash carts.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I know we can't get banned because of the flash carts, but what I was asking whether or not they'd ban us for using ssspwn. I'm just trying to figure out why one would choose ssspwn over the flash carts.
because the homebrew for SSSpwn will most defiantly be better than the stuff put out for NDS flashcards

plus you get to do stuff the NDs cards cant like use the 3D feature and the full screen of the 3ds

obviously it wont be for everyone, but for people interested in homebrew etc they would have no doubts about keeping their 3ds on a lower FW to have the possibility of homebrew

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DS(i) cards only run software in DS(i) mode: less ram (128 vs. 4 MB), slower clock (268 vs. 67 MHz), single core, no 3D.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
So as for no 3D. Does this mean that the SNES emulator will run in 3D? Because this exploit isn't supposed to let you run 3ds games.

Either way I'll probably buy the game whenever it's announced and avoid updating for a while. I was wondering if there's any information as to whether or not we will be able to safely update and, more importantly, if this hack will be tracable by Nintendo so that if I did end up eventually updating I didn't risk getting banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto