• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

Blu Tiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, quick question. The sites I have been using for 3ds roms always have more than one part to download. Why is this? Isn't the rom all that you need? My Gateway card arrives this week sometime and I am starting to get the roms now. Thanks.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, quick question. The sites I have been using for 3ds roms always have more than one part to download. Why is this? Isn't the rom all that you need? My Gateway card arrives this week sometime and I am starting to get the roms now. Thanks.
Because many download sites have a size limit for free users (usually like 1gb). Since 3ds roms can be up to 8gb, the uploader split up the file to make it easier for people to download. If you think downloading parts of a file is too much of a hassle I'd recommend using torrents.

Reactions: Queno138

henkdevries

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
A question. I have one ROM written to my gateway with Win32DiskImager. But gateway has multiple ROM support, however I am afraid of overwriting my sd card when I write another game to it. So my question is how to get multiple roms on the sd card when there is already a rom on it.

ScarletCrystals

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A question. I have one ROM written to my gateway with Win32DiskImager. But gateway has multiple ROM support, however I am afraid of overwriting my sd card when I write another game to it. So my question is how to get multiple roms on the sd card when there is already a rom on it.
You don't need to use win32diskmanager anymore. Just drag and drop the roms to your microsd.

Inwait

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I wanted to play A Link between Worlds and got the message that some error ocurred and that I should shut down my system.

I have Gateway Omega 2.2 on my system so I thought there would be no problem.
Do I need to update emunand on a higher Firmware to make it work? Up until now I didn't bother with emunand at all because all the games worked fine.

Blu Tiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because many download sites have a size limit for free users (usually like 1gb). Since 3ds roms can be up to 8gb, the uploader split up the file to make it easier for people to download. If you think downloading parts of a file is too much of a hassle I'd recommend using torrents.

Thank you! That makes sense. But here is a dumb question: If a ROM is split into multiple parts, is any action required to merge them back together? How are they made whole again? lol

DaveTheBaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! That makes sense. But here is a dumb question: If a ROM is split into multiple parts, is any action required to merge them back together? How are they made whole again? lol

Open it like you would any other compressed file (with winrar, 7zip, etc) and you should see the full ROM, then just choose where you want to extract it. :)

FaisalS97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I wanted to play A Link between Worlds and got the message that some error ocurred and that I should shut down my system.

I have Gateway Omega 2.2 on my system so I thought there would be no problem.
Do I need to update emunand on a higher Firmware to make it work? Up until now I didn't bother with emunand at all because all the games worked fine.

It might be your MicroSD. I had a similar problem and it was because my MicroSD was a defect that was only giving 100MB/32GB of usable data. Use "H2TestW" to test it.

Reactions: Inwait

FaisalS97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I save games? Do you need to press home then X or can I just power it off without worries?

You use the in-game method of saving and I think you need to press home for the 3DS to write the save to the ROM or the SD Card. I'm not really sure, but I was always press Home, close the software and then power off.

megaxz175

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, So I bought a gateways 3ds for my XL and due to my stupidity I didn't read up on the part where it said
ONLY WORKS ON 4.5 OR LOWER. Well my firmware is current at the latest 7.1.0-16U and I read somewhere that Nintendo fixed up the exploits on the new firmware completely.
So my question is should I wait it out for team gateway to find or create a new exploit or should I cave in and buy a used 3ds with a firmware of 4.5?

Inwait

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It might be your MicroSD. I had a similar problem and it was because my MicroSD was a defect that was only giving 100MB/32GB of usable data. Use "H2TestW" to test it.

Alright. Thanks for the help :)

Edit: I checked my card and it tells me that there is no problem at all. Any other suggestions? :(

drichard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
I have gotten my hands on a second 3DS which is on SysNand 4.1.0. I have Gateway and I am looking to create an EmuNand for the 3DS. I read that the 7.2.0 blocks certain parts of the EmuNand (System Settings etc.) but will work fine to play games. Is this correct?

My main question is however, is it okay to create the emunand while on 4.1.0 or should I find a cart to update the SysNand to 4.5.0 before proceeding in creating the EmuNand?

(I have a 3DS running 4.5.0 SysNand with one of the last updates before 7.2.0 so I know about the process, just want to make sure I don't miss out on anything in creating the EmuNand on 4.1.0.)

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi!
I have gotten my hands on a second 3DS which is on SysNand 4.1.0. I have Gateway and I am looking to create an EmuNand for the 3DS. I read that the 7.2.0 blocks certain parts of the EmuNand (System Settings etc.) but will work fine to play games. Is this correct?

My main question is however, is it okay to create the emunand while on 4.1.0 or should I find a cart to update the SysNand to 4.5.0 before proceeding in creating the EmuNand?

(I have a 3DS running 4.5.0 SysNand with one of the last updates before 7.2.0 so I know about the process, just want to make sure I don't miss out on anything in creating the EmuNand on 4.1.0.)

Don't take my word for it,
but AFAIK, it's always said to use GW on 4.3-4.5.

So in any case:

1. back up your realnand on 4.1
2. Update your realnand to 4.5
3. create emunand to 4.5

Optional Step:
update emunand to 7.2

7.2 prevents use of system settings or eshop,
so I can't think of any use to update it to 7.2

You should wait to see if any other users says otherwise to my recommendation.

EDIT:

Also, in case you didn't know,
Entering system settings while in Emunand, can kick you out of emunand.

I'm partial quoting myself on a method that you will be sure you're on the right firmware:

Do open the spoilers to look at the picture, to have a better understanding:

Leaving system settings will let it boot back to system nand.

Here is what you should do.

When you first boot your 3DS, without using Emunand, create a few folders to show you are in sysnand, like this:

LwHN58V.jpg

Now install whatever, enter Emunand and insert your flashcart.
Now rename those folders:

ZueAfgY.jpg

(ignore the fact that my games don't appear on sysnand)

Now to be sure, power off and on.
What folders do you see?

If you see the sys folder again, you know which mode you are in.
and when you emunand, you see the emu folders, you know what mode you are in :)

Once you can confirm that the folder method is accurate,
you won't need to enter and exit to check again.

drichard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't take my word for it,
but AFAIK, it's always said to use GW on 4.3-4.5.

So in any case:

1. back up your realnand on 4.1
2. Update your realnand to 4.5
3. create emunand to 4.5

Optional Step:
update emunand to 7.2

7.2 prevents use of system settings or eshop,
so I can't think of any use to update it to 7.2

You should wait to see if any other users says otherwise to my recommendation.

EDIT:

Also, in case you didn't know,
Entering system settings while in Emunand, can kick you out of emunand.

I'm partial quoting myself on a method that you will be sure you're on the right firmware:

Do open the spoilers to look at the picture, to have a better understanding:

Thanks for the response! That was a great tip for confirming SysNand/EmuNand.

The reason I see to update EmuNand to the highest possible firmware is to get the highest game compatibility. But right now I might be able to hold off. I am looking to play Yoshi's Island, Zelda (again) to name a few. I am about to go to sleep so I'll check back before I do anything.

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sorry if this has been asked already but is there emulation for the 3ds?

"Not that the public knows about" is the best answer I can give.

I think Smealum managed to reverse-engineer and input GBA games into VC for 3DS,
but the public communities have no ways of doing that.

(this thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/on-adding-to-ambassador-software.366795/#post-5012114)

No other emulation-related topics known.

You can use the DStwo cart to run existing emulation software off it.

ScarletCrystals

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, So I bought a gateways 3ds for my XL and due to my stupidity I didn't read up on the part where it said
ONLY WORKS ON 4.5 OR LOWER. Well my firmware is current at the latest 7.1.0-16U and I read somewhere that Nintendo fixed up the exploits on the new firmware completely.
So my question is should I wait it out for team gateway to find or create a new exploit or should I cave in and buy a used 3ds with a firmware of 4.5?
It's unlikely that the exploit will ever work above 4.5 (improbable, not impossible). So I'd suggest getting a 4.5 3ds. You can find brand new 4.5 and below 3ds out there too. This might help:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_ha...the_System_version_before_buying_a_new_3DS.3F

FaisalS97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright. Thanks for the help :)

Edit: I checked my card and it tells me that there is no problem at all. Any other suggestions? :(

I'm not sure then. Are you positive your Gateway is real? I believe you can check by looking at the back of the red card, the middle pin should be longer than the rest (aside from the first and last pins).
It shouldn't be a problem with EMUNAND either.

Ah. The ROM might have not copied over properly so I would suggest copying it again. And if that doesn't work, download another one from a different site/torrent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn