• Views 4,460,292
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hello everyone, I am a noob with a question.

Recently bought 3dslink, arrived today, I did the setup but was alarmed when i could not get to this stage:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b...C-B64F-476A-81CE-B31ED2E5C815_zpshp4uu1wk.jpg I pressed L + Nintendo DS Profile but it just gives me a blank screen indefinitely.

I need this menu to backup nand and for emunand so can someone help me find it or have I just bought a dud card? Thank you. Your help is appreciated.

Keep trying until it works.
Got a noob question:
I ordered a Gateway but currently I'm playing a game on a retail cartridge. I read that it's possible to dump retail games with a new function of Gateway Omega 2.1, so I asked myself if it would be possible to just dump the game I'm playing in order to use the dump+savegame on my Gateway. The thing is that i just rented the game and have to give it back in a couple of days and I'm afraid that someone who rents it after me, will erase my savegame before I can finish it.

So is ist possible to "dump savgames" by dumping the original retail cartridge or will the savegame just not get dumped at all so that I would have to start over again?

IIRC the savegame isn't dumped, unless it's a CARD2 game.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Dunno man, I've tried like 6 times now, I just loaded 3D Tetris so I know the card works, however, how long should it take? I wasn't aware it was a chance thing.

Since it's based on GW2.0b1 it's very buggy. Try another SD card.
Also it might brick your 3DS.

Prothean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

Luthic

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I got my Gateway this morning and set it up with the instructions found on the internet.
I wanted to try it with a game (Mario Tennis) but after I enabled Gateway Mode and put the SD Card (with Games) in the red Gateway Card my 3DS just won't recognize that there is a game on it. It just doesn't show up.

Do I have to update the Gateway in some way or do I have to activate so that I can play region free games?
I'm going crazy at the moment because I don't understand why the game won't work/show up....

Edit: ugh...nevermind....didn't know that I hab to press SELECT so that it will be recognized.

Smidget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have some retail games to get me to 4.4, is that fine to use with Gateway or should I make sure to get it to 4.5? I of course will be using emunand anyways...

lucasferrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi guys,with the news from gateway omega 2.1 benn able to run e shop games, wich are the eshop games that already have been dumped to 3ds?

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did a system transfer from one 3ds emunand to another, but my save files didn't transfer (for Phoenix Wright), how do I do this? Thanks!

zb123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope. emuNand is stored in a separate partition on your sd card.

So could I instead delete the "Nintendo 3DS" existing folder and replace it with the one from the older SD with the saves, because if I add it on top of the other files it's an added 600mb.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
So could I instead delete the "Nintendo 3DS" existing folder and replace it with the one from the older SD with the saves, because if I add it on top of the other files it's an added 600mb.

You can try. I'm sorry I can't give you a more precise answer, I'm not really sure about the folder hierarchy. Just keep a backup of both SD cards and you can move stuff around till it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...