• Views 4,517,479
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

higher87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks, i had heard that ds games like pokemon black only could do local mp with the original game cart, but maybe that's outdated or wrong info.

sweetstyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
can i play all roms on 3ds 4.2 which have already updated gateway opmega 2.1? if no can i update my 3ds xl from 4.2 to 4.5 using gateway 3ds Omega 2.1?

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I'm using Gateway OMEGA 2.1. Is it safe to perform online system update for the emunand from 7.1.0-15E to 7.1.0-16U? Would this safely update the emunand or is there a risk that it might update the sysnand? And should I do it from classic mode or gateway mode?

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Gateway OMEGA 2.1. Is it safe to perform online system update for the emunand from 7.1.0-15E to 7.1.0-16U? Would this safely update the emunand or is there a risk that it might update the sysnand? And should I do it from classic mode or gateway mode?

If you somehow manage to change from 7.1.0-15E to 7.1.0-16U, you will be the first.

However, Going from 7.1.0-15E to 7.1.0-16E should be fine. ;)

You should do it from gateway mode.

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
If you somehow manage to change from 7.1.0-15E to 7.1.0-16U, you will be the first.

However, Going from 7.1.0-15E to 7.1.0-16E should be fine. ;)

You should do it from gateway mode.

hmmm.. I'm too scared to try it.. what if Nintendo is simply trying to update our sysnand with this update!?

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm.. I'm too scared to try it.. what if Nintendo is simply trying to update our sysnand with this update!?

I was making a joke, when you asked the question you were technically asking if you could switch your 3ds's region.

The update is fine, just perform it in emuNAND from gateway mode. Make sure it says GW3D before the version number.

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I was making a joke, when you asked the question you were technically asking if you could switch your 3ds's region.

The update is fine, just perform it in emuNAND from gateway mode. Make sure it says GW3D before the version number.

Ahh I see! I never noticed that E is for europe and U is for U.S. thanks!

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I can get a euro 3ds but its 2.x.x version. Any method to upgrade it to 4.1-4.5 without using carts? I'm certain that europe version games are not available here.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I can get a euro 3ds but its 2.x.x version. Any method to upgrade it to 4.1-4.5 without using carts? I'm certain that europe version games are not available here.

Hi. I can get a 3ds for $200. Any method I can get it without spending any money? That's how you sound.

One way or another you will require a cartridge. GW or retail.

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I can get a 3ds for $200. Any method I can get it without spending any money? That's how you sound.

One way or another you will require a cartridge. GW or retail.
huh?

What I mean is there is a EU 3DS available here but its version 2.x.x.x. What I'm asking is if there are other method to upgrade this 3DS to 4.5.x.x without using real game carts such as Paper Mario Sticker Star EU? Because here in the Philippines, its near to impossible to find these EU specific game carts with the needed update. Most games sold here are US versions. All I know that if I update via wifi, you'll end up with the latest 7.x.x.x firmware so thats a no-no.

And I'll be getting a GW cart once I update this 3DS.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
huh?

What I mean is there is a EU 3DS available here but its version 2.x.x.x. What I'm asking is if there are other method to upgrade this 3DS to 4.5.x.x without using real game carts such as Paper Mario Sticker Star EU? Because here in the Philippines, its near to impossible to find these EU specific game carts with the needed update. Most games sold here are US versions. All I know that if I update via wifi, you'll end up with the latest 7.x.x.x firmware so thats a no-no.

And I'll be getting a GW cart once I update this 3DS.

Ok. I'll make this simple. No.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know for the older versions of gateway firmware, one could use the launcher.dat to load up the gateway software without a gateway cart for example to dump NAND. Can this be done to dump carts too with the new firmware?

Ky3bMu4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi Guys,

I've stuck with the following problem. Yesterday I downloaded OMEGA 2.1, pushed the files on the MicroSD wich worked flawlessly with 2.02b and inserted in 3DSXL. When I've tried to install it, it worked fine but I could never enter the Launcher (an error has occured message).

Today I've bought the new microSD, pushed the Omega 2.1 files, installed the Gateway (which btw stuk 3-4 times during the installation) and managed to enter the launcher.

However, in the launcher when I am trying to Boot the Gateway Mode (the first Icon from the left and the most important one^^) I always receive the following message:

"No Gateway 3DS card found! Please insert the Gateway 3DS card to boot into Gateway mode"

What is that? Any help? Is something wrong with the SD card? Btw the Gateway Classic mod boots just fine!

Thx in advance for any advice

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi Guys,

I've stuck with the following problem. Yesterday I downloaded OMEGA 2.1, pushed the files on the MicroSD wich worked flawlessly with 2.02b and inserted in 3DSXL. When I've tried to install it, it worked fine but I could never enter the Launcher (an error has occured message).

Today I've bought the new microSD, pushed the Omega 2.1 files, installed the Gateway (which btw stuk 3-4 times during the installation) and managed to enter the launcher.

However, in the launcher when I am trying to Boot the Gateway Mode (the first Icon from the left and the most important one^^) I always receive the following message:

"No Gateway 3DS card found! Please insert the Gateway 3DS card to boot into Gateway mode"

What is that? Any help? Is something wrong with the SD card? Btw the Gateway Classic mod boots just fine!

Thx in advance for any advice
Sounds a bit like a contact issue.

Ky3bMu4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Sounds a bit like a contact issue.

Actually, I was informed that I'd missed the part where GW is updating the red card. I never knew of it and did not do such thing when firstly installed the 2.02b (I purchased GW when it was out and never tried to install any other version).
Now it has updated it and boots into GW Mode finely. But my red card contained the microSD where Fire emblem was written, now it is not shown in the the 3ds as a game (blank spot like not cartridge at all) and my PC explorer do not see it as well. So atm I am rewriting the Fire Emblem to it to check everything...

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually, I was informed that I'd missed the part where GW is updating the red card. I never knew of it and did not do such thing when firstly installed the 2.02b (I purchased GW when it was out and never tried to install any other version).
Now it has updated it and boots into GW Mode finely. But my red card contained the microSD where Fire emblem was written, now it is not shown in the the 3ds as a game (blank spot like not cartridge at all) and my PC explorer do not see it as well. So atm I am rewriting the Fire Emblem to it to check everything...
You can drag 'n' drop the games now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, that site is like if a clickbait youtuber made a online store themselves