Hacking Where are all the bricked R4i Gold Deluxe or 3DSLink users ?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What makes GW the "real deal"? Just because they were the company that did it first? First isnt always best. Remember when Xerox made the first computer OS with a GUI (that Apple and MS stole from)? It sucked, but other companies improved it. At the moment, we're already seeing some innovation (mt-card did multi rom for example), and competition is a good thing. GW shouldn't be the only players in the market, and I'm glad people are choosing the alternatives.

That's irrelevant since R4i is still a clone and he is referring to the clones, not "some innovation".

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The only "no clone card" I will accept is one that is capable to run on the newest firmware, load homebrew, and maybe boot into a Custom Firmware, like the NDS. Oh wait...

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
I'm using 3.3b without issue.
Do not use emuNAND feature until new firmware released.
Also I emailed r4i team. The answeas is simple.

GqVh1O0l.jpg

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
and what problem is there in using 2.0 ? have you finished all the 3ds games already?

I got 2 days ago my 3dslink and it will take a long time for me to finish my first game ( SMT IV) , then comes bravely default , fire emblem , senran kagura, and a looooooooooong etc.

When I finish all of those , gateway will have released 2.0 already ( LMAO)

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems that there are no R4i gold deluxe or 3DSLink bricks ;).

The irony is that there will ultimately be more GW user bricks than clone bricks. All clones removed their bricking launchers within a week of discovering it. Gateway is still giving out bricking launchers to their customers under the false security that it won't brick. :rofl: Only a matter of time.

Luckily there are methods to unbrick now.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The irony is that there will ultimately be more GW user bricks than clone bricks. All clones removed their bricking launchers within a week of discovering it. Gateway is still giving out bricking launchers to their customers under the false security that it won't brick. :rofl: Only a matter of time.
Gateway seems to know what they are doing.
They seem to be the only group who knows 3DS.
So to assume they've screwed up and don't understand their own code is quite an assumption.
They also stand by their product, and are willing to unbrick any Gateway bricked 3DS.
It is still possible Gateway is correct and that it isn't possible for a Gateway to brick a 3DS.

Luckily there are methods to unbrick now.

Excellent point.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Gateway seems to know what they are doing.
They seem to be the only group who knows 3DS.
So to assume they've screwed up and don't understand their own code is quite an assumption.
They also stand by their product, and are willing to unbrick any Gateway bricked 3DS.
It is still possible Gateway is correct and that it isn't possible for a Gateway to brick a 3DS.

Excellent point.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-brick-on-b2-caught-on-camera-finally-d.362305/

Not being a gateway hater, just want to clarify facts, I do agree gateway have done a great job so far, and that everyone makes mistakes sometimes, what is important is how the deal with it

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If GW was sure their card could not possibly cause the BSOD they wouldn't have offered the repair in the first place.

They are obviously hiding the truth because admitting it would hurt them, as not even legit GW users (me included) would trust them. They banked on the fact that nobody would have definitive proof since it's a very rare occurrence, but then someone got it on camera. They should know that people interested in hacking software via chinese flashkits are not your generic impulsive consumerbase that won't give a shit if stuff breaks and will instantly buy another on a whim. They should really admit it at this point, it's doing more damage than good.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is osirisjem life purpose to prove Gateway team did nothing bad? Was it all a conspiracy or evil plot to hurt Gateway's image? Did the communists never really existed outside 007 movies?

It's been months since it happened now, just let it go man...

mznova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can report that my 3DS is fine while using an R4, no bricks at all. That's probably because R4 and Link were kind enough to alert their users of the issue, so we aren't seeing anymore bricks.

R4 should have been kind enough to boot their firmware more than once before releasing. XD

We aren't seeing any bricks because the clone's bricking firmware was only released for a short time before they replaced it with a fake updated version (3.3 which is just 2.0). Gateway's buggy 2.0b2 is still active so even if it was 99% brick chance for clone 3.0 fw vs 0.01% brick for GW 2.0b2 fw, gateway will seem to have more bricks because their buggy firmware is still being used. Also, all clone bricks happened at once during their fw release while gateway's bricks are spaced out over the past weeks because it's much harder to get. So even if it was 30 people who got clone bricks and only 7 who got gw bricks, psychologically it seems to us like gateway has more bricks. (Also, people love creating a mass hysteria every time someone gets a GW brick :P)

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If GW was sure their card could not possibly cause the BSOD they wouldn't have offered the repair in the first place.
Just the opposite could be true.
They only offered the repair service because they knew there was no bricking going on.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They only offered the repair service because they knew there was no bricking going on.
seriously? again...
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-brick-on-b2-caught-on-camera-finally-d.362305/

the only way i found this bug, was due to the fact it tied in with many peoples accounts of what happened before they bricked, i myself support gateway, but i wont feign ignorance, I would be perfectly fine if they just said...."oooops we messed up", the team are only human they can make mistakes, it doesn't detract from all the successful work they have put into their product

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, that what you just said is nonsense... I won't even bother to argue why...

Just take into account you're not defending heros, you're defending a very shady and illegal company (as all flashcards companies are, no exception). They copied/stole work from other programmers the bug in the DS profile which had been known for at least 2 years before Gateway even existed, but wasn't exploited until recently.

If you really have interest for the subject and is not just flaming read this article, it discuss not only Gateway but the entire business of hardware hacks:

http://wololo.net/2014/01/19/ninten...-blames-competitors-for-their-shady-practice/

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay, that what you just said is nonsense... I won't even bother to argue why...

Just take into account you're not defending heros, you're defending a very shady and illegal company (as all flashcards companies are, no exception). They copied/stole work from other programmers the bug in the DS profile which had been known for at least 2 years before Gateway even existed, but wasn't exploited until recently.

If you really have interest for the subject and is not just flaming read this article, it discuss not only Gateway but the entire business of hardware hacks:

http://wololo.net/2014/01/19/ninten...-blames-competitors-for-their-shady-practice/

That article is full of butthurt.

Reactions: gamesquest1

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That article is full of butthurt.
Wololo is a well known PSP hacker and has familiarity with the hacking scene, in his site you will find the latest info on PS Vita hacks and other consoles hacks too because he have contact with many other hackers from the Vita/PSP/PS3 scene. Maybe he really is a little butthurt but I guarantee he knows what he talks about... And if you read this article with an open mind you will see it makes sense.

As for the Gateway incident, it made me give up on piracy for the 3DS for now, maybe forever. It's nothing personal, but now I am starting to believe Nintendo when they say unlicensed products may permanently damage my 3DS. Such a pity when I thought flashcards meant freedom to use my device the way I wished...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte