• Views 4,517,272
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ohh , so the <= 4.5.0 corresponds with the firmware, not the serial number?

If that is the case, is there a way to downgrade the firmware?

Unfortunately no, not for now at least. Anyway just to be sure check your 3DS, I could be newbier than you. Just go to System Settings and read your firmware on the top screen.

mja7011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately no, not for now at least. Anyway just to be sure check your 3DS, I could be newbier than you. Just go to System Settings and read your firmware on the top screen.

Yep, I did and it says 7.1.0.16U

However i did a google search and if I read correctly some carts can play 3ds games on firmware 7.1.0.16U

Shorkio

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Ohh , so the <= 4.5.0 corresponds with the firmware, not the serial number?

If that is the case, is there a way to downgrade the firmware?

If you haven't made a NAND- dump (either using hardware mod or flashcart that supports NAND- dumping) of the firmware you want to downgrade, you are out of luck.

E: Got :ninja:'d.

mja7011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't made a NAND- dump (either using hardware mod or flashcart that supports NAND- dumping) of the firmware you want to downgrade, you are out of luck.

E: Got :ninja:'d.

So is my only option is to wait until carts can support 7.1.0.16U or future system updates?

xvirus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I've been in the process of finding a GW-compatible 3DS, but had a few questions that I couldn't quite find answered anywhere. My current 3DS has 7.1, so I was planning on just buying one with compatible FW and selling off this one, but I was wondering if it'd be possible to do a system transfer to the new 3DS. Before I had this plan, I had bought a few digital copies and various eshop games and was hoping there would be a way to safely transfer them over to the new system while keeping it at a compatible firmware. Is this possible, or am I out of luck when it comes to that. In the latter case, would there at least be a good way to salvage the saves from my old 3DS so that I can continue playing them on copies of the game through the GW?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi! I've been in the process of finding a GW-compatible 3DS, but had a few questions that I couldn't quite find answered anywhere. My current 3DS has 7.1, so I was planning on just buying one with compatible FW and selling off this one, but I was wondering if it'd be possible to do a system transfer to the new 3DS. Before I had this plan, I had bought a few digital copies and various eshop games and was hoping there would be a way to safely transfer them over to the new system while keeping it at a compatible firmware. Is this possible, or am I out of luck when it comes to that. In the latter case, would there at least be a good way to salvage the saves from my old 3DS so that I can continue playing them on copies of the game through the GW?

IIRC EmuNAND supports sys transfer now. Not absolutely sure though,
Try starting a sys transfer in EmuNAND. If it doesn't ask for an update then it'll work.
Hello Everyone,

I just got the gateway yesterday and I'm already on omega. Question, is it true that the save files are bound to the .3ds file? As in, if you want to keep your progress, you have to continuously back up the file you are using to the computer?

Thanks

If it's a CARD2 game then it's saved in the ROM.

Leskat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I think I screwed up. I have an r4i Deluxe. I inserted it into my 3ds with an outdated system yesterday, and when I tried to load wood 4 the screen stayed black. I then made the mistake of upgrading the system to 7.somethingrather, and I still have the same problem. Is there any known fix for this?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think I screwed up. I have an r4i Deluxe. I inserted it into my 3ds with an outdated system yesterday, and when I tried to load wood 4 the screen stayed black. I then made the mistake of upgrading the system to 7.somethingrather, and I still have the same problem. Is there any known fix for this?
You can try to formate your 3DS.

SolarisHeights

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you guys know if a 3DS XL from Germany or Europe in general will have english language option?

What if the device is bundled with a pre-installed game?

Will that game be available to be played in english?

:(

rahulkalra9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi All,

I am a complete noob to 3ds hacking, I tried reading threads but I am more confused than ever, please help me with the steps, I am providing complete details:

1) First of all I have a regular 3ds bought in 2011 and its firmware is 3.0, its an NTSC-U console
2) I have a Mario Tennis OPEN cartridge that will take me to 4.4U version
3) Then I have bought Orange-3ds flash card.
4) Now my question is weather to do a NAND back-up as I read it in one of the threads that since I am using a cloned flash card, I have a risk of getting bricked and that is known as blue screen error something that I don't remember.
5) or shall I skip step 4 and follow the manual that I can find in orange-3ds.com site

Please help me, thanks in advance.

Regards
Rahul

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a small question.

What does the card dump from gateway mean? Can I rip an original game and play it online?

rahulkalra9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Orange-3DS never had issues with bricking. You can use it without problems.

Thanks so much :), its very good to hear that.

One more thing : I was just going through the manual that is there on orange -3ds site and found it to be confusing, could you please help me with any alternate help manual/forum with links.

Regards
Rahul

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks so much :), its very good to hear that.

One more thing : I was just going through the manual that is there on orange -3ds site and found it to be confusing, could you please help me with any alternate help manual/forum with links.

Regards
Rahul
It's very easy.
1. Start the "3DS Setup" from within the Wood Menu using the grey card (repeat that every time you go into DS mode aka. play a DS game).
2. Copy the Launcher.dat from one of the archives on the websites to the large SD that's in your 3DS.
3. Go into the settings -> Other Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS profile to go into GW Mode (repeat that every time you turn your 3DS off).
4. Use Win32 Disk Imager to copy/"burn" games onto the MicroSD card you want to use with your orange.
Make sure to formate the MicroSD when you want to use another ROM with the Panasonic SD formater.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, new pfp?