• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

Leskat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Exploit got patched with 5.0 and it's not easy to find a new exploit. But smealum already discovered a new exploit which can be used for homebrew only.

I have no experience with this, but doesn't r4i gold support 6.2? Isn't that a newer version than 5.0? I assume they patched more exploits from version 6 to version 7, or?

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi. I just bought a 3DS XL with 4.2 Firmware and the 3DS Link flashcard. It works ok with games from my region, but Monster Hunter 4 (japanese) isn't working. I start the game and after a black screen it just sends me back to the main menu again; hasn't region lock been bypassed for a while now? At least according to their website...
Thank you in advance.

UP

Sorry but I'm desperate.

rahulkalra9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
It's very easy.
1. Start the "3DS Setup" from within the Wood Menu using the grey card (repeat that every time you go into DS mode aka. play a DS game).
2. Copy the Launcher.dat from one of the archives on the websites to the large SD that's in your 3DS.
3. Go into the settings -> Other Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS profile to go into GW Mode (repeat that every time you turn your 3DS off).
4. Use Win32 Disk Imager to copy/"burn" games onto the MicroSD card you want to use with your orange.
Make sure to formate the MicroSD when you want to use another ROM with the Panasonic SD formater.

Hi Technicmaster0,

Many thanks for the steps.

So I am stuck at the first step where I am on version 3.0U, ordered Mario tennis game from ebay and I thought it would help me to get to version 4.4u or 4.3u but the thing is, I put the game and it started playing, I thought it would first update me to either 4.4u or 4.3u, could you please throw some light on this.

Thanks
Rahul

rahulkalra9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I am on version 3.0U and got a Mario open tennis game cartridge that I suppose contains system update 4.3U or 4.4U, is there any alternate way to update from this game since its not asking me to update, simply I am able to play this game on my current version 3.0U, please help me.

Thanks
Rahul

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Update your launcher.
IDR if they fixed MH4 or not but since R4i did 3DSLink should too.

Thank you for your reply. My launcher is the latest 3.3B, i don't know why it isn't working... Think i should try another one? Like 3.0?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thank you for your reply. My launcher is the latest 3.3B, i don't know why it isn't working... Think i should try another one? Like 3.0?
3.0 has the best compatibility for the clones, don't be tempted to try 3.1 or 3.2..... Compatibility is the same as 3.0 and you will have a severe risk of bricking with them
3.0 is buggy though...expect crashes and lost saves.......just back up your save regularly

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
3.0 has the best compatibility for the clones, don't be tempted to try 3.1 or 3.2..... Compatibility is the same as 3.0 and you will have a severe risk of bricking with them
3.0 is buggy though...expect crashes and lost saves.......just back up your save regularly

Wow... Aside from that, 3DS Link guys have the worst tutorial on this planet. I had to just ditch it and try randomly because it was all messed up and unclear. Now this. I'm starting to regret those 20 bucks I saved on Gateway...
Anyway thanks! I'll try 3.0 out.

rahulkalra9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi All,

Okay I am a newbie, complete noob to 3ds scene, I have pasted couple of questions in my prior posts, I am putting up a new question(sorry for asking too many questions):

at the moment I want to play New super mario bros 2 and here are the things that I have:

1) 3ds console version 3.0U
2) Orange-3ds flash card
3) Mario tennis open 3ds game(I thought it would take me to 4.4U or 4.3U)
4) If I cant play New super mario bros 2 at the moment, what all other games could I play atm, from prior generations like gba/nds.

Please help me.

Thanks
Rahul

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Ok I just checked. There is no download link to another version except 3.3B and 2.0. Where can I find 3.0? These guys are unbelievable...

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can't really link to the launcher files here, just google the file name, pretty sure there is a blog with the download mirror

Nah. That's it for me. i'm off to buy Gateway right now. That thing can start Monster Hunter 4 and has no random crashes/bricks right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao Xbox removed gamescript apparently