• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

rahulkalra9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Thanks Tecnimaster0, please help me with my queries below(2 of them, copy pasting again):

It's very easy.
1. Start the "3DS Setup" from within the Wood Menu using the grey card (repeat that every time you go into DS mode aka. play a DS game).
2. Copy the Launcher.dat from one of the archives on the websites to the large SD that's in your 3DS.
3. Go into the settings -> Other Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS profile to go into GW Mode (repeat that every time you turn your 3DS off).
4. Use Win32 Disk Imager to copy/"burn" games onto the MicroSD card you want to use with your orange.
Make sure to formate the MicroSD when you want to use another ROM with the Panasonic SD formater.

Hi Technicmaster0,

Many thanks for the steps.

So I am stuck at the first step where I am on version 3.0U, ordered Mario tennis game from ebay and I thought it would help me to get to version 4.4u or 4.3u but the thing is, I put the game and it started playing, I thought it would first update me to either 4.4u or 4.3u, could you please throw some light on this.

Thanks
Rahul

---------------------

Hi All,

Okay I am a newbie, complete noob to 3ds scene, I have pasted couple of questions in my prior posts, I am putting up a new question(sorry for asking too many questions):

at the moment I want to play New super mario bros 2 and here are the things that I have:

1) 3ds console version 3.0U
2) Orange-3ds flash card
3) Mario tennis open 3ds game(I thought it would take me to 4.4U or 4.3U)
4) If I cant play New super mario bros 2 at the moment, what all other games could I play atm, from prior generations like gba/nds.

Please help me.

Thanks
Rahul

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi Technicmaster0,

Many thanks for the steps.

So I am stuck at the first step where I am on version 3.0U, ordered Mario tennis game from ebay and I thought it would help me to get to version 4.4u or 4.3u but the thing is, I put the game and it started playing, I thought it would first update me to either 4.4u or 4.3u, could you please throw some light on this.

Thanks
Rahul
0185 3.0.0E Mario.Tennis.Open.EUR.3DS-CONTRAST
0257 4.4.0U Mario_Tennis_Open_USA_3DS-VENOM

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
2.1 is great, b2 did have the brick issue so don't use b2, but 2.1 is a lot better has multi-rom, eshop rom support etc

Oukey... Bought Gateway, installed it, everything fine, put MH4 on the microSD, booted Gateway mode aaaaand it's not reading the game. It doesn't even show in one of the blocks of the main menu... Help please.

trillyntruly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please forgive me if this is a dumb question or if this is the wrong thread but I have an R4i RTS 3ds Gold with a black 2 rom on it with some pokemon I'd like to have transferred up to x. I know that with flash carts I can't connect to hte internet, but if I am with a friend who has white 2, can we trade locally to each other so that he can transfer them up with his legit copy? Or is trading completely impossible with a flash cart? thanks. Just a reminder, I'm asking about local trading, not via the internet.

EDIT or if someone could at least direct me to the proper thread/section to ask this question

rahulkalra9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
0185 3.0.0E Mario.Tennis.Open.EUR.3DS-CONTRAST
0257 4.4.0U Mario_Tennis_Open_USA_3DS-VENOM

I just searched online and 'LNA-CTR-AGAE-USA' <- this unique code is printed on my cartridge, and this link:
h-t-tp://www.giantbomb.com/mario-tennis-open/3030-36392/releases/

tells me that mine is USA version , its release date is may 2012, could you please tell me what are my options o upgrade to 4.1-4.5 to use my flash card?

Thanks
Rahul

rahulkalra9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
One more question: I have orange-3ds flash card so cant i even play nds or gba games on my 3ds ATM since I am stuck on version 3.0U

Thanks
Rahul

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just searched online and 'LNA-CTR-AGAE-USA' <- this unique code is printed on my cartridge, and this link:
h-t-tp://www.giantbomb.com/mario-tennis-open/3030-36392/releases/

tells me that mine is USA version , its release date is may 2012, could you please tell me what are my options o upgrade to 4.1-4.5 to use my flash card?

Thanks
Rahul
Which region is your game from?

One more question: I have orange-3ds flash card so cant i even play nds or gba games on my 3ds ATM since I am stuck on version 3.0U

Thanks
Rahul
You can use the grey card with the pink label to play DS games.

rahulkalra9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Which region is your game from?

You can use the grey card with the pink label to play DS games.

My Mario tennis open is US version.

I have 2 cards, one in pink color(3ds/NDSi/NDSL/NDS) and the other in blue color(3ds/3dsXL/3ds LL), I guess its the pink color card that can help me play NDS games on my 3ds, could you please point me to a link(again iterating that I am on version 3.0U) and can I play gba/nes games along with NDS games.

Many thanks for the help.

Thanks
Rahul

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My Mario tennis open is US version.

I have 2 cards, one in pink color(3ds/NDSi/NDSL/NDS) and the other in blue color(3ds/3dsXL/3ds LL), I guess its the pink color card that can help me play NDS games on my 3ds, could you please point me to a link(again iterating that I am on version 3.0U) and can I play gba/nes games along with NDS games.

Many thanks for the help.

Thanks
Rahul
Just copy the Kernel and games onto the microSD card. You can start the pink card like a normal DS game.
You can play nes games using nesds: http://sourceforge.net/projects/nesds/. There's also a gba emulator for the DS mode (gbaemu4ds) but it has not a very good compatibility.

rahulkalra9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Just copy the Kernel and games onto the microSD card. You can start the pink card like a normal DS game.
You can play nes games using nesds: http://sourceforge.net/projects/nesds/. There's also a gba emulator for the DS mode (gbaemu4ds) but it has not a very good compatibility.

what is a kernel, you mean that r4 wood something version 1.6? (could you please point me to the link), Nes only would be great, i feel like playing bomberman and contra(I love retro games)

Thanks
Rahul

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what is a kernel, you mean that r4 wood something version 1.6? (could you please point me to the link), Nes only would be great, i feel like playing bomberman and contra(I love retro games)

Thanks
Rahul
Just go to the download page of orange-3ds and search kernel. You don't have to be that lazy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1